Author Topic: Looking to get back into D&D  (Read 2827 times)

Offline Dameol

• Startin' Out
  • Despair is Knowledge without Power
    • View Profile
  • SEN ID: Dameol
Looking to get back into D&D
« on: July 17, 2011, 05:30:39 pm »
Hey all...

I'm an old fogey at 30 (OMG!) and am looking to get back into gaming.  My schedule is fairly crazy, as I can be known to work any day of the week, but can force pretty well any night to be free.

I live in East Tulsa and have experience with both 3.5 and 4.0 D&D... so if any of you have games open, lemme know :)
A gentleman and a slacker

Offline iddlebit

• Startin' Out
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: VerinX
Re: Looking to get back into D&D
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2011, 11:21:31 am »
Hello!

I'm looking for a group to play with in the next couple of months as well. My schedule will be a little hectic when college starts up, but I'll be free Saturdays and Sundays after 4:30. I've been playing Pathfinder for about a year and used to play 3.5 D&D quite a bit. Not a big fan of 4th ed though.
I live in the Tulsa area as well.

Offline GNRSlashfan

• Familiar Face
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2011, 08:18:19 pm »
Hey guys.  I'm not sure if you're both still looking to join a game, but I'm involved in two different groups that might be hunting for another player or two.

The first is a weekly Dark Heresy (Warhammer 40K Roleplay) group that meets Saturdays from noon ~ 5ish looking to pick up 1 player.  The second is a Pathfinder game that's about to start up on Monday nights around 7:30 or 8 ~ midnight or so, and might be looking for 2 players.  Both games are played in northwest Tulsa - let me know if either one sounds like it'd be up your alley.

Offline Dameol

• Startin' Out
  • Despair is Knowledge without Power
    • View Profile
  • SEN ID: Dameol
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2011, 10:23:00 pm »
Oooh, I guess I chould check here more often!

The Monday Pathfinder game would -mostly- work for me, but we do have an all-staff meeting at work the first Monday of every month, which would make me about two hours late, so be aware of that :)
A gentleman and a slacker

Offline GNRSlashfan

• Familiar Face
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2011, 02:48:56 pm »
Being a couple hours late once a month ain't so bad.  If you want a little bit of info on the campaign/world, our dm has set up a little blog at:

http://dmawesome.wordpress.com/

So feel free to check that out.  Also, shoot me a line at [email protected] and I'll respond with more info about the time, place, and players, and I'll give you character creation info.

Offline jwales

• Startin' Out
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2011, 11:07:41 am »
Dameol!  30? No way! How are your hands able to type with all that arthritis?  :-)  I too am
old(ish) and I too would like to join a group.  Let me know if there are any takers.  I offer Pizza.  :-)  ([email protected])

They're not pills.  Don't swallow them.  They're dice. You'll choke.  Stop that.  Take them out of your mouth.  Here, your're also going to need some other stuff, too:  a pencil, a character sheet, mabe some index cards, a bag of cheetos, a 64 oz "Thirst Aborter" full of Mountian Dew, a 6-pack of beer, a pizza coupon, a can of spray deodorant, and a big overflowing bucket of your caffeine-churned imagination.  - Chuck Wendig - A most excellent author.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 11:11:16 am by jwales »

Offline GNRSlashfan

• Familiar Face
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2011, 02:03:49 am »
Hey there!  We're still looking to add maybe one more to our Pathfinder group, so you're welcome to join up - we currently meet Monday nights in northwest Tulsa (around 15th and Denver) from about 7:30ish to midnight.  The time MAY change to Saturday nights at some point in the months to come.

I've sent you an email with the basic details.  Hope to hear from ya soon!

-Ben