Author Topic: Guild Wars 2  (Read 8585 times)

Offline Furyswrath

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
  • SEN ID: furyswrath
  • XBL ID: furyswrath
Guild Wars 2
« on: August 26, 2012, 01:47:41 am »
A Hand Full of Oklahoma People are on the Sea of Sorrows Server.    However it dont matter what server your on.  So guild up or add your fellow Oklahoma Gamers and team up!

Its free to Xfer Servers for the next 7 days.

Yaks Bend is where a hand full of us are..  Sorry had to move.

Add me  furyswrath.7021
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 03:07:54 am by Furyswrath »

Offline Furyswrath

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
Re: Guild Wars 2
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2012, 11:37:45 pm »
Ive made  an  OKgamers guild.  Ive invited the few names I knew.    But I know there are several more on this server, I just gotta get their names or they need to send me a message or something so they can get an invite if they want in.

Offline jahoo

• Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2012, 09:54:42 am »
Im on Jade Quarry with an OK buddy.  Its supposed to be the hot ♥♥♥♥, lotta well known pvprs,  think Kripparian and his crew as well as being the official Reddit server.  Come on over!     Its sure to be one of the most populated

Offline Furyswrath

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2012, 02:22:07 pm »
So GW2 is different in the fact it dont matter what Server your on.    You can be in the same guild, and play in groups across servers..      Only thing the servers make different is  World Vs. World activities.

So post your Display name  (its the one with the 4  digit number)   and everyone can add everyone!

Offline Norvak

• learned the ropes
    • View Profile
    • Black Legion Mercenary Company
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2012, 09:09:40 am »
I am on Jade Quarry as well.  It would be awesome to team up for some WvW!

Offline Furyswrath

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2012, 12:59:31 am »
I am on Jade Quarry as well.  It would be awesome to team up for some WvW!

So in Efforts to Combine as many people as Possible Most all of us have moved to yak's bend just for the Sake of WvW activities.    If you do not care to group with any of us for WvW then your safe where your at.

if you would like to Join the guild send me a message in game.. Just keep in mind its mainly for group efforts and having someone local to team up with  .

Offline Sysyphus300021

• Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
  • SEN ID: sysyphus300021
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2012, 10:19:04 am »
I would like to join but you moved to a server that is full. So can not transfer my character. :(

Offline Furyswrath

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2012, 05:19:53 pm »
I would like to join but you moved to a server that is full. So can not transfer my character. :(

It will open back up im sure.. Just keep your eye open.

Either way we can all still Group / raid across servers so thats always a good thing.

Offline TheTrillz

• Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
  • SEN ID: TheTrillz
  • XBL ID: TheTrillz
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2012, 10:39:57 pm »
I'm on Sea of Sorrows and my tag TheTrillz.7910

« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 10:43:18 pm by TheTrillz »

Offline Norvak

• learned the ropes
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2012, 10:28:33 am »
I will add the information for our guild.  I am not the GM, but I am an officer.  I do believe it is in all guild members duties to disseminate how to join their guild to attract new recruits. Our GM is named Gargoogle in game.

What Black Legion is looking for:
- All Classes/Races
- People wanting to participate in hardcore PvP
- People wanting to participate in hardcore WvW
- People wanting to participate in hardcore PvE
- People looking for a good time
- Non elitist pricks who are at least 18 years old

Black Legion Rules:
- Dont be a douche
- Voice Comms
http://black-lgn.enjin.com/
Please contact Gargoogle in game or visit our website for more info.
We can also be found on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/black.lgn/

About the GM
It is my belief that in order for a group to function as a single unit effectively, you must have people that are willing to work together as a team.  In addition, a leader is needed, whose vision of what the guild should be is aligned with members of the guild.  Having served in the United States Navy, I have seen teamwork close at hand.  I have been everything from the lowly Seaman Recruit taking orders including cleaning the head, to the Second Class Petty Officer directing those below me in rank to clean the head.  I have been the follower, as well as the leader.  My point being that I wouldn't ask anyone I lead in a guild to do anything that I haven't done myself.  All tasks and members are important for the continued success of the guild.

Teamwork is something that a group of people have to work towards.  Sure, there are some that fit a mold more easily than others.  However, to be a single unit focused on achieving a greater goal takes time and patience.  Practice makes perfect, every little bit helps to say the least.

I consider myself politically incorrect.  Why do I tell you this?  Because I am not some bleeding heart who takes offense at dark humor.  I can laugh at pretty much anything.  I do have a tendency to use foul language at times.  It is a Sailor thing...I believe cussing alone got me through that deployment to the Persian Gulf.  I pick on people...making snarky little jabs and jokes.  Don't sweat it, it just means I like you.  I am open to you taking your jabs at me as well.  If you wear your feelings on your sleeve, joining Black Legion is probably no the best for you.  I do not tolerate whining, drama, or any foolishness of that sort.

It is most important to me that guild members are having a good time together.  Progression takes a back seat to good times.  I look for people who compliment what we have already.  When people get along and enjoy each other, progression comes naturally.

What We Offer:

• A Eight-Year Established History of Achievement
  • Mature Players
  • Quality Over Quantity
  • Relaxed Environment

Laws of the Land
As promised, members of the Black Legion will not be shackled by a litany of laws that shall hamper morale, the earning of a fair wage, or the spilling of scallywag blood.

1. Do not be a douche! (This rule is all encompassing, if you dont understand it, you probably shouldn't be here.)

FAQ

Is Black Legion a multi-gaming guild? Not at all, we have played numerous games in the past, however we focus on one game at a time.  Guild Wars 2 is that game.

Are you a PvP or PvE guild?  We are neither and both.  We enjoy all aspects of gaming.

Do you remove members from the guild often?  Yes members are removed if they break any of our rules or for non-approved inactivity of more than ten days.  BLMC strives to keep an active player base in order to keep all members engaged.

Will I be ensured a  position on the competitive 5v5 roster? We have Kill Teams established for structured 5v5 PvP.  Kill Team Alpha is reserved for the best of the best.  Kill Teams Bravo through Echo are created by guild members themselves.  All members have a shot at Kill Team Alpha positions through continued evaluation.  Kill Team Alpha is a place of prestige, therefore its membership will always be determined by who best fits the vision.

Will Recruitment and applications be open over the long-term? No.  We have a target roster size alongside targets for each profession.

Who should I contact with additional questions before applying?  Our C3 comms server is public and accessible on our homepage as well.  Simply log in and talk to an officer.

Offline Norvak

• learned the ropes
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2012, 03:23:13 pm »
We are very active and strong.  We are trying to add more nightly and weekend events.  Our drunken Friday nights are always fun to join up with.  Most of the guild members are adults. In fact I have not talked with anyone that wasn't. Members are more then happy to jump on and clear a zone with you. 

This is by far the best mmo I have ever played.  Every aspect of it is amazing.  It does have a steep learning curve, but you will fall in love once you realize how vast the game is.  People are still learning how to sPVP effectively, and WvWvW is amazing with a large group of people on mumble or vent that know how to fight strategically. 

Offline Crave

• Startin' Out
    • View Profile
    • Tactical Terror
  • SEN ID: CraveMode
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2012, 11:32:03 pm »
I am from oklahoma and just found this website. Although, I am glad to see more local players, it saddens me to see so many people/guilds switching servers to join the winning team just because they are over populated, why? We are on Anvil Rock and we are pitted against Yak's Ben first 3 days and now first 2 week match. We do pretty well during the day but over night, Yak's just dominates the map and I don't see how fun that can be always winning, knowing you will always win? Not very competitive at all.

Either way, I hope to meet more players from Oklahoma!

Offline SeenNotScene

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2012, 08:03:19 am »
Been a while since I've posted here! Thought I would check if other Okies had picked a server before starting. Yak's isn't full so I guess I'll heard there. See you in game :)

Offline BiPoLar BuNNy

• OKgamer Evangelist
  • Luminous beings are we...not this crude matter.
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
  • SEN ID: PMS_BiPoLar
  • Wii ID: 4621-2040-3385-5205
  • XBL ID: PMS BiPoLar
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2012, 02:53:49 pm »
Hey all,

I play guild wars 2 and wanna join the okgamers guild.

add me: BiPoLar.6025

Offline Sysyphus300021

• Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
  • SEN ID: sysyphus300021
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2012, 12:25:13 pm »
i have been away from the game for a bit but a friend and i are starting to play again. We are on yaks. Im an officer in the okgamers guild. Let me know if you need a guild invite or anything. I should be playing most evenings during the week.