Author Topic: Tulsa/OKC - OKgamers.com hosts FREE 2012 Movie night for Members - 11/12/09  (Read 18214 times)

Offline Twitch73

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
Re: Tulsa/OKC - OKgamers.com hosts FREE 2012 Movie night for Members - 11/12/09
« Reply #45 on: November 12, 2009, 02:17:20 am »
OKC if still happening  ???
"Best Poster in Oklahoma"

Offline Furyswrath

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
  • SEN ID: furyswrath
  • XBL ID: furyswrath
« Reply #46 on: November 12, 2009, 01:58:47 pm »
OKC if still happening  ???

Yep Just be there Early to get your Voucher so you can get your ticket.

Offline Furyswrath

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 12, 2009, 02:04:48 pm »
I will be in this Area

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&safe=on&ie=UTF8&ll=35.464235,-97.509364&spn=0,359.993461&t=h&z=18&layer=c&cbll=35.464237,-97.509168&panoid=nXFBoAap83oYsWXeo0NU-g&cbp=12,158.9,,0,12.39

See the Sonic..  See Harkins.   If im not at Sonic.. I will be In front of Harkins.  Please show up early!!

Offline X_A

• X A - Lead OKGamer Evangelist
  • Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • http://okgamers.com
  • SEN ID: XianghuaALPHA
  • XBL ID: XianghuaALPHA
« Reply #48 on: November 12, 2009, 04:29:35 pm »
OKC - YOU BETTER HURRY - they've told us only 100 seats left (PEOPLE HAVE BEEN IN LINE SINCE 2pm?!@)

YOU MAY need to find Fury IN LINE.  He'll be watching for you!

Tulsa - Theater says they don't see a line YET - you've been warned.  

TULSA - If you want a ticket, just show up at this point, I'm leaving.
OKC - well, you better hurry :)

X A

« Last Edit: November 12, 2009, 04:31:36 pm by X_A »
Oklahoma doesn't have to "suck"
OKGamers.com - spread the word. 
OKgamers.com - our goals

New to the site?  Welcome to OKgamers.com!  Let us know how you found us!

Offline AfroTastic

• OKgamers Supporters
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 12, 2009, 04:56:49 pm »
See everyone there. ;D

Offline Furyswrath

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 12, 2009, 05:06:24 pm »
OKC!!!!! Come inside the theater I'm towards the front of the line look for the Okgamers hoodie. I can't get out of Line.  One you have your ticket hurry and go get in the line. You can miss it. There are about 40 people in line right now.

I'm hesitant to do this. But call me if your lost ***-**** - (ooops, Saif stole the numbers!)

Mods if someone sees this later tonight would you please remove my phone number. Thanks. OKC Please hurry the popularaity of te movie is CRAZY!?!?!
« Last Edit: November 12, 2009, 11:52:47 pm by X_A »

Offline Animefreak6969

• OKgamer fo' life
  • YUM!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 12, 2009, 09:56:24 pm »
MAN that movie was great, nothing wrong happened, they didn't give free hats that I got, they didn't invert and reverse the film to make LOL happen mid movie, they didn't give me free tickets to see more movies because they think they wasted our time

Offline chopperdave360

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 12, 2009, 10:13:18 pm »
is the voucher only good for the 7:30 movie?
Latch on tight and do not let go. Sex is great, sex after being pissed off at halo bull****....even better.

[IMG]http://www.bungie.net

Offline roguewolftamer

• Startin' Out
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 12, 2009, 10:42:39 pm »
Of course only then, and the line probably was full since 6:40-6:50 lol.  I took Fury's remaining tickets and started TRYING to give them out lol.  Most people already had one, but there was 2 guys that was looking for him.  I missed the movie, BUT that was also because I was waiting on my friend.  He showed up probably 15 minutes after I heard it was full, so I stood around telling people it was full while I waited.

So in my hand I had 14 tickets left, and one guy gave me his lol.  So outta the 2 I gave away, one was used, and my sister got to use hers to see the movie.  Good stuff though, just glad they were free or I'd been mad :)  My coworker won one from a radio station and she didn't make it in, and she was mad about that.

Offline Crazd

• OKgamers T.O.
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 12, 2009, 11:47:32 pm »
MAN that movie was great, nothing wrong happened, they didn't give free hats that I got, they didn't invert and reverse the film to make LOL happen mid movie, they didn't give me free tickets to see more movies because they think they wasted our time
Captain, I'm detecting large quantities of sarcasm in this sector. 

Offline Furyswrath

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 13, 2009, 12:11:24 am »
OKC Turned away over 300 people.

But they also gave those people Voucher to See the Movie Armored in December.

I had about 30 People In front of me in Line most of which got there at 2pm.  Talking to quite a few of them and discovered most all of them are regulars to the free movie events.  they scour TV and Radio stations to get free tickets.  Most all of them bring portable chairs and knitting material.  It was CRAZY!@!

There was one small protesting group.  But come to find out they where not protesting the movie. The where protesting that the end of the world is not in 2012.  So it was pretty peaceful.

Im sorry if you came in and didnt get in.    We now know how this works.  This was our first time at doing this.   What we will do in the future is setup a day or two before and give tickets out.  That way no one is searching for anyone to get ticket.

Hope everyone had a good time.  I Hear Tulsa Was reverse for a while ;) LOL   So im sure that was all good times.

Offline X_A

• X A - Lead OKGamer Evangelist
  • Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • http://okgamers.com
  • SEN ID: XianghuaALPHA
  • XBL ID: XianghuaALPHA
« Reply #56 on: November 13, 2009, 01:08:04 am »
is the voucher only good for the 7:30 movie?

Why do FPS types just not read threads.  Was it just not clear enough?  I mean - it's says NIGHT, it says 730...  hmm.  Oh well lol.

And AnimeFreak MAY be talking about the free movie Tulsa 2012 people may have gotten, as a result of seeing a movie they spoiled for us lol..

--

OKC - huge.
Tulsa - filled up, eventually.. lol

For the first hour and a half of me being there, 10 people showed up in Tulsa.  We think it's a combination of location, and traffic.

After 6ish though, bout the time I said to definitely show up by - people did.  Had good times, watched a movie!

(Security and theater were even cool enough to let them watch a different movie if they got there late.  AND THEY WOULD HAVE HAD TO HAVE GOTTEN THERE LATE - as we didn't start turning people away till like 720pm, lol.)

All went well, till about half way through the movie, when a reel was BACKWARDS lol.  They had JUST gotten the movie in their defense, just was kinda random and ruined the mood / story for us lol.

Some stayed to finish, some went on and got a free ticket to come back and see it or another movie, another time.

OKgamers TO's present stayed, had good times, and left.  WRAP!

Tulsa - if you followed my advice, you got in lol.  And as you can see - in OKC - my go early perspective would have gotten you in, where in Tulsa, well, this theater it turned out to not be.  Each of these are different as free movies are always promoted differently, by different groups, etc. 

--

Fury - MY logic - get in line.  Lol.  And then, if you beat us there, we'll get you a ticket ahead of time.  Now, that's assuming the people are cool like they were with my location.  OKC seemed more strict?  And didn't get us on a list?  So if that is all true, it's something to talk to them about, fo sho.

X A

Oklahoma doesn't have to "suck"
OKGamers.com - spread the word. 
OKgamers.com - our goals

New to the site?  Welcome to OKgamers.com!  Let us know how you found us!

Offline roguewolftamer

• Startin' Out
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 13, 2009, 07:14:37 am »
Yeah, I got there early enough, about 5:20 or so, my sis a bit earlier looking for Fury.  If I didn't have my phone to check the forums I woulda been lost basically.

Yeah OKC turned away a lot of people, noone got to see another movie or anything as far as I could tell.  There were people going in well around 7:20 and coming out with the orange flyer they were giving out...which was just a flyer about 2012!