Author Topic: Tahlequah - Grand Opening Nerd Town Emporium ~Free Tourny - September 25 2010  (Read 9189 times)

Offline Rislone

• OKgamers T.O.
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: eighty8keyes
Re: Tahlequah - Grand Opening Nerd Town Emporium ~Free Tourny - September 25 2010
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2010, 01:15:22 pm »
I would love to go for the Grand Opening. If my wife goes then we should have room for 2 more. We live in Coweta so relatively closer so if someone wants to do a meet-up at the house then pool to the store that would work.
GT: Eighty8keyes Haloez and anything else I might be playing.

Offline Wally

• OKgamer Evangelist
  • GT is Wah Wah Wally
    • View Profile
Re: Tahlequah - Grand Opening Nerd Town Emporium ~Free Tourny - September 25 2010
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2010, 11:58:42 pm »
Is this tournament 2v2 for halo reach?

Offline BiPoLar BuNNy

• OKgamer Evangelist
  • Luminous beings are we...not this crude matter.
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
  • SEN ID: PMS_BiPoLar
  • Wii ID: 4621-2040-3385-5205
  • XBL ID: PMS BiPoLar
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2010, 01:41:42 am »
Yeah can u plz specify on what kind of halo reach tourney this is? 1v1, 2v2, 4v4? tnx much!

Offline BiPoLar BuNNy

• OKgamer Evangelist
  • Luminous beings are we...not this crude matter.
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
  • SEN ID: PMS_BiPoLar
  • Wii ID: 4621-2040-3385-5205
  • XBL ID: PMS BiPoLar
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2010, 11:47:02 am »
errrr 1 complaint.... game setting, wtf? that is all

Offline rev

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2010, 02:20:19 pm »
They have a nice establishment and allow for an amazing opportunity for gamers of all types.  I can say I was impressed with that and wish I had something similar to that when I was growing up. 

As for the tournament, even though I was only there for support and not participating, I do feel that there was a degree of professionalism missing from the running of the tournaments.  The Halo tournament was just one step short of chaos.  The first half of the tournament ran well.  The setting was liked by all players and the map wasn't too overwhelming in size for 4 players, but the last half of the tournament, with the changing of the game-type, the crazy weapon combinations, and poor map choices were a bit much.  The guy running the second half of the event just didn't seem to care even after the players unanimously voiced their disapproval of his choices.  I know this was a first attempt at tournaments, and as of this moment in time, the mlg standards haven't been established, but its usually a good policy to research how tournaments are done for a particular game, even if you don't play it.  Reach out to the community.

With that being said, I believe this was an excellent learning experience for everyone, players and hosts alike.  Maybe NTE will take this experience and use it to improve the quality of future tournaments.  There is a great opportunity to be had.