Author Topic: Tulsa - Super Smash Bros Brawl - who wants to throw down?  (Read 20988 times)

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
  • Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
  • XBL ID: aXs Skorcher
Re: Tulsa - Super Smash Bros Brawl - who wants to throw down?
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2008, 01:00:01 pm »
 :) If your in the local area come to the tournament in okc on the 28th!
"Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers"
HxC LAN Center

Offline AfroTastic

• OKgamers Supporters
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2008, 01:07:59 pm »
Wait are you zeppl1n on smashboards?

My idea of that was to have any know smashers try and come so we could get the most practice.

O well if we need a second set-up tonight i could bring one.

Offline AfroTastic

• OKgamers Supporters
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2008, 10:38:43 pm »
So saif have i proved my worth, as a brawl player?

Heh my gameplay before i started practiceing with you guys i sucked hardcore.

My Goal? to become the best snake and sonic player in OK.

Offline X_A

• X A - Lead OKGamer Evangelist
  • Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • http://okgamers.com
  • SEN ID: XianghuaALPHA
  • XBL ID: XianghuaALPHA
« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2008, 02:52:15 am »
So saif have i proved my worth, as a brawl player?

Heh my gameplay before i started practiceing with you guys i sucked hardcore.

My Goal? to become the best snake and sonic player in OK.

Haha, has anyone told you you had to prove yourself? lol, I mean the SC community used to have some serious 'regulations' to who we'd give props to, but that's WAY too old school to affect you guys lol.

In the end, with people like that Josh guy roaming around here, Tulsa could be pretty decent at SSBB.  The problem is we'd have to have a regular tournament / people really practicing.  I'd love to see another gaming community be strong in Tulsa - but OKgamers as a whole takes too much energy for me, so I can't be the one to provide that effort.  Perhaps after seeing all the awesome competition, and players willing to travel out here, we'll see a resurgence in interest, and someone step up.  I know for a fact we could do monthly tournaments at Funhouse again, it would simply be a matter of interest.

X A

Oklahoma doesn't have to "suck"
OKGamers.com - spread the word. 
OKgamers.com - our goals

New to the site?  Welcome to OKgamers.com!  Let us know how you found us!

Offline AfroTastic

• OKgamers Supporters
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2008, 04:37:05 pm »
Wow a monthly tournament at funhouse would be amazing!

If we did have a monthly tourny's i could rally some of my smash crew which is between 4-6 people, not much but im sure i could spread the word if we did get it up and running.

P.S. thats just my goal.

snooze

« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2008, 04:10:46 am »
Around 6 people from my group came to the one at joe mamas recently.  We'd probably all be down for a monthly tournament.  Wouldnt even be too ridiculous to think about having it at Wizards Asylum.

Just a thought :P

Offline Winged_Human

• OKgamers Supporters
  • Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2008, 07:50:55 am »
:) If your in the local area come to the tournament in okc on the 28th!

what Tourney on the 28th?  someone please fill me in.
Death borne on angels wings.

Offline X_A

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 13, 2008, 07:23:09 pm »

FOR SHAME TULSA SMASH!  Letting this thread fall that far down in the Local Players forum..

2v2?! MAYBE - http://www.okgamers.com/forums/index.php?topic=1769.msg21147#msg21147
It's up to you.

TU smashers - a fb group - http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=29518972086

And - if you play SSBB, and live in Tulsa, perhaps you should be checking out the SC players group anyway... - http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=34664085259

And of course -
the OKgamers fg group - http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=5058488191

X A

OKgamers.com - our goals

josato_89

« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2008, 01:08:11 am »
i'll help start one!!!!!!!!!

Offline X_A

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 17, 2008, 09:01:12 am »

2v2?! MAYBE - http://www.okgamers.com/forums/index.php?topic=1769.msg21147#msg21147
It's up to you.

X A

LAST CALL SMASH PLAYERS - without setups, there won't be 2v2 SSBB at Joe Momma's.  Your call, make action quick, else we cut losses and move on with SC4 only.

OKgamers.com - our goals

josato_89

« Reply #40 on: October 17, 2008, 09:30:09 pm »

It's up to you.

X A

LAST CALL SMASH PLAYERS - without setups, there won't be 2v2 SSBB at Joe Momma's.  Your call, make action quick, else we cut losses and move on with SC4 only.

i can bring my wii and Gamecube controllers i only have 1 wii controller ( i have 2 or 3 remotes no nunchuks).

Offline X_A

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 12, 2008, 03:34:28 pm »

SSBB players in Tulsa - should also keep an eye on this FB group - http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=34664085259

As it's pretty much serves for the Tulsa SC4/SSBB players group we've got going here.

Anyway - we are playing Saturday - see you guys then!

X A

OKgamers.com - our goals

Offline Typ_EX

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
Re: Tulsa/Jenks - 4th Funhouse Soul Calibur 4 / SSBB ($100+) Monthly - 01/04/09
« Reply #42 on: December 15, 2008, 09:55:02 am »
can't find any appropriate place to put this so ill mention it here.

The Ok power rankings (according to the boards), has changed a bit since the last Tulsa monthly.  I have yet to actually beat Kos-mos at a tournament which explains why im still where I am.

You all should come up to norman sometime and play with us.  Personally, it doesn't matter to me where i am and would let anybody here take that spot if i had the choice.

Offline X_A

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 16, 2008, 01:32:52 am »

Topic moved and merged - since it's got nothin to do with the monthly tournaments, and everything to do with the Tulsa SSBB community, I merged it with that communities thread.

As far as I'm concerned - the OK Power rankings are the Norman Power rankings with Norman and those they cannot easily ignore on it :)  While the top 3 are often tracked from events, I don't feel the factors of the remaining 5 spots or so are really tracked well enough; also since the majority of the old norman crowd never travelled due to age, cost etc - I'm not sure how much they really can weigh in on their neighboring cities.  Tulsa has some of that problem as well, but I do know some players that would happily come down for a "power rankings tournament" so to speak.  Hanson and I spoke briefly about it - that it shouldn't affect it absolutely - but should heavily weigh in on that.

And it's down to Norman - not up ;)

And why are you speaking on regret, etc?  You go to tournaments - you get top placement - you deserve the spot.  I'm sure Kos Mos even won alot of events held in Norman, and I know of Hanson and Josh's many wins.  In the end - no one familiar with the players would say that Norman shouldn't overall own the top 5 - but the remaining spots in the top 10 seem more a result of buddy-buddy thinking that grows from Norman players being more in tune with Smash Boards than an actual Oklahoma community reading; as such it calls the results overall of such an "OKLAHOMA" power ranking into question in several players minds I've spoken with. 

Oh - and when are you guys going to drag said KosMos up to Tulsa with you?  I hear he's playing ZSS?  I'd like to see the Great Kos Mos compete against our local ZSS player :)  Not to mention seeing him go against some of the other cities that show up to Tulsa's monthly gatherings.  It's easy for us all to see how Josh, Hanson and Typ_Ex earn their ranking, but never seeing Kos go against anyone from OK's other cities outside of Norman makes it kinda hard to really know if he continues to truly 'ranks above', ya know?  Well, and I heard after Josh's recent non-1st he was called into question - so it only makes sense apply that logic to all - to question Kos Mos, Zinth, and others.  It's called rankings - as in an overall result of many events right...  Thus I'd like to see how those OTHER players in the top 10, like say Zinth would currently do against other players outside of Norman before they get to maintain those higher spots so easily. 

I mean, are there events held in Norman that don't get posted on OKgamers that we simply don't know about - or are you guys going off simply your weeklies, and the one or 2 HxC and MGC's that OKC had months and months ago?  I would like to hope the rankings in OK come from events held in OK of the OK players - but then again I see time and time again players ranking well in SSBB events - but nothing other than Josh and Norman favored types ending up in that list?  Where is the breakdown in understanding here - or is Norman truly just fashioning the list, and moving on ignoring rankings from tournaments across the state?

X A

OKgamers.com - our goals

Offline AfroTastic

• OKgamers Supporters
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 17, 2008, 03:26:02 pm »
You might wanna cross post this on smashboards because tom is the only one that reads these boards.