Author Topic: Bungie to Announce New Halo Game Soon  (Read 24894 times)

Offline AfroTastic

• OKgamers Supporters
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
Re: Bungie to Announce New Halo Game Soon
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2008, 10:48:09 am »
hahaha nice dark i guess you've seen the rant video to lol.

Play CE where the skill's at.

ItsBigGamer2008

« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2008, 11:01:40 am »
I'm afraid I have to agree with SPRTN. Halo 3 is definitely not one of the most flawed games of all time. In fact the reason that I believe people hate it so much is because of the fact that the gameplay has now been reduced to the most solid form, making less skilled players able to achieve more success. Halo 3 may not be as amazing as we would all want it to be, but SPRTN is right, just because a game's franchise is as fluential to the market as Halo it does not mean it is instantly going to melt your face with happiness. IF HALO 3 CAME OUT THE SAME AS THE REST OF THE GAMES we would all be crying about how little it has changed and instead of saying the franchise is 'dieing' the rumors would be infecting people's minds of how the halo series is going 'nowhere'. The facts are there, halo definitely isn't dieing as a franchise, obviously seeing as the game sold out more copies than any other game in the first week. Halo 3 was actually so successful that if you do your research you will realize it even impacted the box office sales for the month it came out, even spreading into the next month minutely.
My point is this, I do not feel like im in heaven when I play Halo 3 and probably many others don't either, but that does not change the fact that Halo 2 and Halo 3 both have the best internet playability that I have ever seen.. and trust me I have cycled through A LOT of games.

Offline SPRTN SnprSlick

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
    • SPRTNGaming
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2008, 12:44:27 pm »
halo is slowly dieing a terrible death....play shadowrun!

Shadowrun has been dead since I beta tested it....

Offline TH3 R3LIGION

• OKgamer Evangelist
  • No XBL FR
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2008, 03:46:20 pm »
This is to bigsprtn whatever and gamer whoever you are person

Halo 3 is flawed broken and ultimately a horrible game by competitive standards, anyone who play h2 or h1 competitively knows this and believes it completely. The game was n00bed down to the point that the competitive side of it is lacking to say the least, bungie completely ignored the competitive community and made a game for casual gamers not HxC gamers and thats fine its their game their franchise they have the right to do as the feel pleased. I do not expect either of you to understand this bc neither of you are from that community. you have to realize that the complaints are fromt he competitive community.

Now to keep you from posting some half brained nonsense about how you are apart of the competitive community from past halo titles let me go ahead and make a list of people who i will hear arguments from concerning the competitive nature of previous titles compared to h3.

IF YOU ARE NOT ON THIS LIST YOUR OPINION DOES NOT MATTER

MYSELF
G WADE
WALTER
VIPER
MYZTIQUE
HYPNO
PRIMO
SPARKZ
BLINDSIDE
SUPERSMILEY
BLAW BLAW
SUIT AND TIE
SMOOTH OCEAN
EFFECTZ
RADLEY
ICYCHILLER

AGAIN IF YOU ARE NOT ON THAT LIST YOUR OPINION DOES NOT MATTER IN THIS FORUM AS IT PERTAINS TO THE COMPETITIVE ASPECT OF HALO

LOVE, TH3 R3LIGION
DO NOT SEND ME A FR UNLESS I KNOW YOU PERSONALLY

SEMI-PROS ARE HORRIBAD

Offline Oo HyPn07iC oO

• OKgamers Supporters
  • OKgamer Evangelist
  • Casey.....Its not easy being your daddy........
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2008, 04:04:15 pm »

Halo 3 is flawed broken and ultimately a horrible game by competitive standards, anyone who play h2 or h1 competitively knows this and believes it completely. The game was n00bed down to the point that the competitive side of it is lacking to say the least, bungie completely ignored the competitive community and made a game for casual gamers not HxC gamers and thats fine its their game their franchise they have the right to do as the feel pleased. I do not expect either of you to understand this bc neither of you are from that community. you have to realize that the complaints are fromt he competitive community.

Now to keep you from posting some half brained nonsense about how you are apart of the competitive community from past halo titles let me go ahead and make a list of people who i will hear arguments from concerning the competitive nature of previous titles compared to h3.

MYSELF
G WADE
WALTER
VIPER
MYZTIQUE
HYPNO
PRIMO
SPARKZ
BLINDSIDE
SUPERSMILEY
BLAW BLAW
SUIT AND TIE
SMOOTH OCEAN
EFFECTZ
RADLEY
ICYCHILLER

AGAIN IF YOU ARE NOT ON THAT LIST YOUR OPINION DOES NOT MATTER IN THIS FORUM AS IT PERTAINS TO THE COMPETITIVE ASPECT OF HALO

LOVE, TH3 R3LIGION

you forgot hump?
Im not Sick......IM ILL...

Offline AfroTastic

• OKgamers Supporters
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2008, 06:21:51 pm »
Smoother ocean owns that is all.

Offline SPRTN SnprSlick

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
    • SPRTNGaming
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2008, 07:26:31 pm »

MYSELF
G WADE
WALTER
VIPER
MYZTIQUE
HYPNO
PRIMO
SPARKZ
BLINDSIDE
SUPERSMILEY
BLAW BLAW
SUIT AND TIE
SMOOTH OCEAN
EFFECTZ
RADLEY
ICYCHILLER

LOVE, TH3 R3LIGION
Wow, what a flame.
You say I am not a competitive gamer? I played on a team that went to MLG Orlando. We went 2-2.
After returning from that, I realized that pro gaming isn't exactly something I was interested in and in my opinion probably one of the stupidest things that people consider a sport.

I went back to my love of baseball and am currently a college and mlb prospect. While gaming may be your life, it isn't mine, and if you chose not to understand that's perfectly fine with me.

But, saying they didn't cater to the Competitive gamer is completely and utterly false. Bungie is constantly attending major MLG tournaments and asking them what they would like to see. They made an MLG playlist because the players requested it. They made a map builder so MLG could build the maps to their liking. They changed weapon balances to make the game feel fresh but retain a retro feel.

However, being as arrogant as you are, and not listening to other's opinions, I can see why you have the opinion you do. You see what you want to see, you understand what you want to understand. So be it.

Offline TH3 R3LIGION

• OKgamer Evangelist
  • No XBL FR
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2008, 10:00:42 pm »

MYSELF
G WADE
WALTER
VIPER
MYZTIQUE
HYPNO
PRIMO
SPARKZ
BLINDSIDE
SUPERSMILEY
BLAW BLAW
SUIT AND TIE
SMOOTH OCEAN
EFFECTZ
RADLEY
ICYCHILLER

LOVE, TH3 R3LIGION
Wow, what a flame.
You say I am not a competitive gamer? I played on a team that went to MLG Orlando. We went 2-2.
After returning from that, I realized that pro gaming isn't exactly something I was interested in and in my opinion probably one of the stupidest things that people consider a sport.

I went back to my love of baseball and am currently a college and mlb prospect. While gaming may be your life, it isn't mine, and if you chose not to understand that's perfectly fine with me.

But, saying they didn't cater to the Competitive gamer is completely and utterly false. Bungie is constantly attending major MLG tournaments and asking them what they would like to see. They made an MLG playlist because the players requested it. They made a map builder so MLG could build the maps to their liking. They changed weapon balances to make the game feel fresh but retain a retro feel.

However, being as arrogant as you are, and not listening to other's opinions, I can see why you have the opinion you do. You see what you want to see, you understand what you want to understand. So be it.

You were sooooooo good and yet not one person on this forum knows you at all, nor has ever heard of you? Your prob right your def a pro gamer. Or competitive or whatever you want to call it?

Oh and you play baseball and your real good? Awesome man congrats, check yourself before you start talking trash though I was recruited by 27 schools got offered a contract out of high school and played Division 1 baseball. But your probably right i wouldnt have a clue what it is to have a life.

And i didnt forget hump, i just dont remember hump playing competively in H2,no disrespect to him i was just listing off the only people who were anybody in the state in H2 and i dont ever remember seeing hump in H2

Also i forgot the only halo pro in oklahoma history.............................STK SERGIO

SEMI-PROS ARE HORRIBAD

Offline SPRTN SnprSlick

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
    • SPRTNGaming
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2008, 10:57:06 pm »

You were sooooooo good and yet not one person on this forum knows you at all, nor has ever heard of you? Your prob right your def a pro gamer. Or competitive or whatever you want to call it?

Oh and you play baseball and your real good? Awesome man congrats, check yourself before you start talking trash though I was recruited by 27 schools got offered a contract out of high school and played Division 1 baseball. But your probably right i wouldnt have a clue what it is to have a life.

Never did I say I was a pro. I played with the TW Cyclones at MLG Orlando.

I also never said you didnt have a life. But from my understanding gaming is your life, like baseball is mine. Straight after my Sophmore year was completed I was approached by several D1 colleges. (OU, OSU, Stanford, and Arkansas). As well as some JuCos. (NOC, Rogers, and KCCC). As if college wasn't enough, there were 2 pro teams. (Rangers, and the Rockies). I have two years to go. But enough bragging.

What school did you go to? I'm pretty sure you don't get a contract to go to college.

Offline Oo HyPn07iC oO

• OKgamers Supporters
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2008, 11:01:58 pm »

Wow, what a flame.

Hes not saying that youre not a competitive gamer....hes listing the people that were actually "known" during the h2 days; in which would agree that h3 is garbage. You can say that Bungie is doing everything they can for the mlg players but answer these questions for me.

1. Why isnt the br spread still consistent, the game has been out for basically a year and they still havent fixed it.
    this has allowed many of these "08" kids actually be able to "out br" many of the vets around here. While I agree that the "auto aim" is reduced on h3; the br isnt a consistent 4 shot(ever had your reticle on someones head the whole time and yet some of the bullets dont register? Some may say lag or some of you will say lolzwtfucantbrRoflrofl but when this begins to happen on LAN what does one say?)

2. The melee system is still complete utter crap even after a patch

once again they still cater to the "08" kids.....they dont reward the person who melee'd first there solution is "you both pressed the melee, you both die"

3.They continue to make EXTREMELY flawed remakes of the old maps(exclude cold storage) and forgot(or dont want) to make an EXACT replica of midship

this speaks for itself....some of you will say that bungie plans to make it in the future but seriously ask yourself this....DO YOU ACTUALLY THINK THEY WILL MAKE AN EXACT REPLICA OF IT?  No. They will probably add something dumb like man cannons from car 3 to pink 3 or something.

4.yes i do agree with you that halo is alot of these kids lives
yes some people here do choose to play halo all day and have yet to go pro and although pro status is 1-16, you dont get sh.t if youre 9-16, some of you will say"OMGLOLERCOPTERS IM GUNNNA GIT SPONZORED!!11ONEONE" but the truth is many of the pros that make 9-16 still get jack sh.t and some of them have even posted on the mlg forums complaining....all they get is 300 dollars for the plane ticket to get there thats it according to some old pros.

Either way, it doesnt matter to me, i have 2 jobs and go to college and STILL %$%# ON KIDS so if any of you think about saying anything take a deep look at yourself and ask Do i play halo more then i get "play " with girls? some of you are too young to know what getting "play" is but either way if halo has prevented the opposite sex from being attracted to you;(YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE) then maybe it isnt in your best interest.

Offline SPRTN SnprSlick

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
    • SPRTNGaming
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2008, 11:34:36 pm »

Wow, what a flame.

Hes not saying that youre not a competitive gamer....hes listing the people that were actually "known" during the h2 days; in which would agree that h3 is garbage. You can say that Bungie is doing everything they can for the mlg players but answer these questions for me.

1. Why isnt the br spread still consistent, the game has been out for basically a year and they still havent fixed it.
    this has allowed many of these "08" kids actually be able to "out br" many of the vets around here. While I agree that the "auto aim" is reduced on h3; the br isnt a consistent 4 shot(ever had your reticle on someones head the whole time and yet some of the bullets dont register? Some may say lag or some of you will say lolzwtfucantbrRoflrofl but when this begins to happen on LAN what does one say?)

2. The melee system is still complete utter crap even after a patch

once again they still cater to the "08" kids.....they dont reward the person who melee'd first there solution is "you both pressed the melee, you both die"

3.They continue to make EXTREMELY flawed remakes of the old maps(exclude cold storage) and forgot(or dont want) to make an EXACT replica of midship

this speaks for itself....some of you will say that bungie plans to make it in the future but seriously ask yourself this....DO YOU ACTUALLY THINK THEY WILL MAKE AN EXACT REPLICA OF IT?  No. They will probably add something dumb like man cannons from car 3 to pink 3 or something.

4.yes i do agree with you that halo is alot of these kids lives
yes some people here do choose to play halo all day and have yet to go pro and although pro status is 1-16, you dont get sh.t if youre 9-16, some of you will say"OMGLOLERCOPTERS IM GUNNNA GIT SPONZORED!!11ONEONE" but the truth is many of the pros that make 9-16 still get jack sh.t and some of them have even posted on the mlg forums complaining....all they get is 300 dollars for the plane ticket to get there thats it according to some old pros.

Either way, it doesnt matter to me, i have 2 jobs and go to college and STILL %$%# ON KIDS so if any of you think about saying anything take a deep look at yourself and ask Do i play halo more then i get "play " with girls? some of you are too young to know what getting "play" is but either way if halo has prevented the opposite sex from being attracted to you;(YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE) then maybe it isnt in your best interest.

This is a completely legitimate post. I applaud you for making a post without the "I am better than you so your opinion does not matter" attitude. Your points are legitimate and precise. They aren't "What you say is wrong because I've never heard of you".

When it comes down to the BR. Each bullet is actual geometry. Unlike Halo 3 it isn't a scanshot. In other words if your reticle is on it, doesn't mean it will be hit. You have to lead your shots a little bit. If you think like Halo 2, the reticle turns red, you shoot, you kill. It isnt the same way. You have to make each individual projectile hit the individual. This has been explained by Bungie already.

When it comes to Melee. It is a tad bit realistic. Say you have two people punching each other at nearly the same time. the first person strikes. The person is knocked out but the punch goes through. I know it's quite a bit of a stretch. But I doubt the melee system will ever be fixed.

I hate when people try to make this argument. If you REALLY want to play that map so bad, go play Halo 2. Blackout and Avalanche were changed due to balance reasoning. Bungie really has no reason to remake old maps. Be happy for what you have I suppose. The best version of a map is the original.

And point 4.
Haha, well put.

Offline Oo HyPn07iC oO

• OKgamers Supporters
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2008, 11:50:01 pm »
ya you wont see me post that im better then someone cause i quite frankly dont need to....but people that say theyre the best while they havent played everyone coughcoughgodmodecough ough are actually quite funny.

Im sorry but i seriously dont feel that someone close range should require me to lead my shots ON LAN
As much as i out br kids , i still will complain about the netcode of the br

Ya you may continue to hate when kids complain about the maps but THEY CONTINUE TO REMAKE MAPS WITHOUT MIDSHIP.....which was like the best one....

Offline DrViper

• OKgamer Evangelist
  • Check Please
    • View Profile
    • MySpace
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2008, 02:01:46 am »
When it comes down to the BR. Each bullet is actual geometry. Unlike Halo 3 it isn't a scanshot. In other words if your reticle is on it, doesn't mean it will be hit. You have to lead your shots a little bit. If you think like Halo 2, the reticle turns red, you shoot, you kill. It isnt the same way. You have to make each individual projectile hit the individual. This has been explained by Bungie already.

Leading your shots... I have no problem with... But your bullets, go nowhere near where your reticle is, and sometimes... they dont even register.   When your playing and shooting the BR, keep an eye on your bullets... you will actually have bullets put back into your clip, because the game just plain doesnt register them.

Offline TH3 R3LIGION

• OKgamer Evangelist
  • No XBL FR
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2008, 03:00:05 pm »

Never did I say I was a pro. I played with the TW Cyclones at MLG Orlando.

I also never said you didnt have a life. But from my understanding gaming is your life, like baseball is mine. Straight after my Sophmore year was completed I was approached by several D1 colleges. (OU, OSU, Stanford, and Arkansas). As well as some JuCos. (NOC, Rogers, and KCCC). As if college wasn't enough, there were 2 pro teams. (Rangers, and the Rockies). I have two years to go. But enough bragging.

What school did you go to? I'm pretty sure you don't get a contract to go to college.

I went to duncan and i got offered a contract to play ball and forego college

SEMI-PROS ARE HORRIBAD

Offline Sk8_to_die

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2008, 04:07:30 pm »

Leading your shots... I have no problem with... But your bullets, go nowhere near where your reticle is, and sometimes... they dont even register.   When your playing and shooting the BR, keep an eye on your bullets... you will actually have bullets put back into your clip, because the game just plain doesnt register them.

Which comes to the conclusion of, Br, And magnum. Sure the br can shoot, But not as direct and Secure as an Magnum. But thats getting off on another topic and should be saved for another time, xD

On the halo 2 part about getting the redicle red. Ya you kinda smashed the nail into the wood on that one.