Offline D.G.1031

• OKgamers Supporters
  • Familiar Face
  • the secret code starts with shut up...not UP, UP
    • View Profile
  • SEN ID: DJ_GR33NSKULLZ
Mugen
« on: January 17, 2010, 03:33:19 pm »
just a quick question...is anyone a Mugen fan in here?...not the cars (i get that from a few of my friends)...but the 2D fighting engine on windows

Offline makosira

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
Re: Mugen
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2010, 04:18:19 pm »
Never played or tried it, but I've seen videos and it looks pretty cool.
360 Live Gamertag: SulkiestSun

Someone had already taken makosira and sira... Who the heck uses 'makosira' besides me? o_O

Offline X_A

• X A - Lead OKGamer Evangelist
  • Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • http://okgamers.com
  • SEN ID: XianghuaALPHA
  • XBL ID: XianghuaALPHA
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2010, 04:27:48 pm »

I know for a fact a few of the fighters are - course this would be better placed in the Local Competition / Fighting Gamers forum than here ;) 

Chat = random lol.

X A

Oklahoma doesn't have to "suck"
OKGamers.com - spread the word. 
OKgamers.com - our goals

New to the site?  Welcome to OKgamers.com!  Let us know how you found us!

Offline Bees McGee

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2010, 06:25:35 pm »
I am actually about to go download it sometime this week and see how that goes

Offline D.G.1031

• OKgamers Supporters
  • Familiar Face
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2010, 01:06:39 am »
@ mako --- yeah man, I am a M vs C fanatic and one day I was really on my "WHEN IS A FREAKIN MvC 3 COMING OUT!" binge so I searched "marvel vs capcom 3" (hoping to at least hear about a small rumor of some sort)...and a link to a youtube vid of ''Download Marvel vs Capcom 3" popped up...the rest is so-called "history"...i said to myself "screw whoever is in charge..I'll just learn to make my own...

@ X_A --- my bad :-[, my topic IS about a fighting game...well if I ever post about mugen again, it will be in that area for sure...my mistake 8)

@ Bees --- you should definitely try it out...I have about 6 different versions (3 made by others, 3 blank...i "work" on these)...

@ X _A and everyone... I (for obvious reasons) won't go into details here...I was just asking because mugen is becoming less of a pc game to me and more like a hobby(I record mugen battles and post to my youtube channel, also trying to learn how to create my own works)

if there is any interest I would be happy to help anyone, take requests, whatever... in the right section of course...sorry again X_A

Offline newkillergenius

• learned the ropes
  • "Keep firing, assholes!!"
    • View Profile
    • An avalanche of Toltec bones
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2010, 01:02:50 pm »
MUGEN is a lot of fun- the only problem I have encountered is the constant crashing everytime I try to play it.  If I have it set to just watch, it never does- so I assume it has something to do with input?

Anyway, DG- I wouldnt mind a little help with this, and I have my own build I put together I'd like to be able to play.

And for the record, I will share my build with anyone who would like it. 
OCOC High Scores

I post at JustinEdlich.com and so should you!
Seriously?!  I can have those marshmallows?

Offline X_A

• X A - Lead OKGamer Evangelist
  • Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • http://okgamers.com
  • SEN ID: XianghuaALPHA
  • XBL ID: XianghuaALPHA
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2010, 01:53:36 pm »
@ X_A --- my bad :-[, my topic IS about a fighting game...well if I ever post about mugen again, it will be in that area for sure...my mistake 8)

if there is any interest I would be happy to help anyone, take requests, whatever... in the right section of course...sorry again X_A

Nooo, no no - see, all the smiles and lol's indicate no one is mad here!  lol.

Anyway - all I was pointing out, is that the chat isn't that serious of a place, and can go OT easily.  If you want a serious conversation, or to find competition, that's what the Fighting Gamers forum is for, blah blah alh.  The chat forum is random, you can post it in here if you want, I just wanted to point out that you might get better responses there!  lol  Geez, I come across mean eitherway?  Eh, lol.

X A

Oklahoma doesn't have to "suck"
OKGamers.com - spread the word. 
OKgamers.com - our goals

New to the site?  Welcome to OKgamers.com!  Let us know how you found us!

Offline D.G.1031

• OKgamers Supporters
  • Familiar Face
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2010, 03:50:00 pm »

Nooo, no no - see, all the smiles and lol's indicate no one is mad here!  lol.

Anyway - all I was pointing out, is that the chat isn't that serious of a place, and can go OT easily.  If you want a serious conversation, or to find competition, that's what the Fighting Gamers forum is for, blah blah alh.  The chat forum is random, you can post it in here if you want, I just wanted to point out that you might get better responses there!  lol  Geez, I come across mean eitherway?  Eh, lol.

X A

its your profile pic...looks like your contemplating some evil, no good plot...

@ newkillergenius --I had the same exact problem, to give a quick answer...something to look for is: whatever the crash or error report says, try to remember that specific component and don't select it next time...im gonna try to give a full answer in the future topic that will be found in the fighting section...

UPDATE** mugen thread has been started in the fighting games section of the forum... thanks for the feedback everyone
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 03:45:06 pm by D.G.1031 »