Author Topic: Last attempt to look for a h3 local team.  (Read 5936 times)

Offline Oo HyPn07iC oO

• OKgamers Supporters
  • OKgamer Evangelist
  • Casey.....Its not easy being your daddy........
    • View Profile
Last attempt to look for a h3 local team.
« on: May 08, 2008, 12:31:53 pm »
i havent played in a while because there isnt anyone serious here but a lot of people keep telling me otherwise.

Gamertags:

oO HyPnO7iC Oo(all the o's are letters)
Simiyic(tell him hypnotic sent you)

Right now it consists of:

Hypnotic(Hayleys man.....so if i see you touch her at a lan then you know there will be problems...........ROFL)
Simiyic(Baby Hypno)

Req.
I know this is asking for too much but has a sense of humor but knows when to actually be mature(That means people who whine when they get out br'ed and blame it on lag..suck it up and play....or things that dont go their way)

Self motivated and dedicated(If we lose a game, doesnt get down and want to quit and also doesnt need people to tell them they are good)

have an open schedule when it comes to getting on

actually want to go to another MLG event besides dallas.

I actually want someone on my skill level(Im sorry but I get tired of carrying kids...not trying to sound conceited or anything) or above my skill level(Recommended)

I dont mind trash talkers but I do not want people that judge people on their sex,religion,race,color(basically open minded people which should be pretty much everyone of this generation.)

Is willing to go to local lans(We have local lans every week here and please at least be able to go to some of them.)

Im sorry if this is asking for too much but I really want to go to mlg to play serious at least once in my life.

« Last Edit: May 08, 2008, 02:35:28 pm by Oo HyPn07iC oO »
Im not Sick......IM ILL...

Offline Michael Jackson

• OKgamer Evangelist
  • PSN ID: Paxmo
    • View Profile
Re: Last attempt to look for a local team.
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2008, 02:00:39 pm »
Local team for what?

<- is not a local FPS player, though outside people might want to know what game this would be for...

unholyk001 aid

Re: Last attempt to look for a local team.
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2008, 02:17:54 pm »
i would join this but sadly... MLG events i just cant go to ='(

I have been afflicted with problems of youth(mom wont let me, too far, not enough money, blah blah blah.)

im free for local LANs though, but they have to be around OKC since i dont wanna waste my friends gas(he can drive, not me.)

Offline Twitch73

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
Re: Last attempt to look for a h3 local team.
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2008, 04:19:56 pm »

I know this is asking for too much but has a sense of humor but knows when to actually be mature.
I joke around out of serious games, but during practice and in games i'm serious.

Once the summer starts i will have a very easy/flexible job.

I actually want someone on my skill level
Thats for you to decide  ;) Played with you enough for you to judge

^I dont mind trash talkers but I do not want people that judge people on their sex,religion,race,color

I don't do that. that is of bad taste

Is willing to go to local lans
Always ready for local LANS

Sadly this one not so much.^
Orlando... maybe...50% chance i could make it. money is not the issue.
Toronto...No way in ♥♥♥♥♥ could i make that.
San Diego...don't think is happening
"Best Poster in Oklahoma"

xX_Raider_Xx

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2008, 10:04:10 am »
Best of Luck to Simiyic and Hypnotic, I teamed with them for a while and they are both very good players, anyone would be privaledged to have them on their team. Good Luck Guys!

Offline G WaDe

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2008, 02:23:51 pm »
pick up steeel!!

Rifter01

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2008, 11:12:00 am »
i havent played in a while because there isnt anyone serious here but a lot of people keep telling me otherwise.

Hmm.. Serious? Well, I thought there were alot of serious gamers around here.. But that is just my experiences over the last 10-15 years.. Is it that ppl are only serious on XBLive, but not offline?

Getting on?? LOL? You mean online xbox live, or ??  I have somewhat an open schedule, but I may still not be much of a fit..

I've never been MLG at all, so, again, may not be the best fit.

I actually want someone on my skill level(Im sorry but I get tired of carrying kids...not trying to sound conceited or anything) or above my skill level(Recommended)

Understandable...I'm good, and so is my G/f, (she is in PMS), so, she is like a lvl 35 in Halo3, and I can be all over the place, but I'm between 25-35 mostly.. I just don't play alot of FPS as much this year.. I _want_ to play anything/everything, but my g/f has been more active online/clans/etc than me lately.

I dont mind trash talkers but I do not want people that judge people on their sex,religion,race,color(basically open minded people which should be pretty much everyone of this generation.)

HAHAH I 'discern' alot from people, which means I read their mannerisms and attitude ALOT... So, this one probably excludes me if nothing else.. LMAO.. I just don't like tweakers or bad-@$$ attitude much, but I'm good at Poker  ;) ..But hopefully nobody takes me too seriously/personally when I do my beatdowns LOL.

Is willing to go to local lans(We have local lans every week here and please at least be able to go to some of them.)

My g/f and I both are actively looking for local gaming, and so CHECK - would be good to go on this one.

DarkWraith56

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2008, 12:00:39 pm »

Hmm.. Serious? Well, I thought there were alot of serious gamers around here.. But that is just my experiences over the last 10-15 years.. Is it that ppl are only serious on XBLive, but not offline?

Getting on?? LOL? You mean online xbox live, or ??  I have somewhat an open schedule, but I may still not be much of a fit..

I've never been MLG at all, so, again, may not be the best fit.

Understandable...I'm good, and so is my G/f, (she is in PMS), so, she is like a lvl 35 in Halo3, and I can be all over the place, but I'm between 25-35 mostly.. I just don't play alot of FPS as much this year.. I _want_ to play anything/everything, but my g/f has been more active online/clans/etc than me lately.

HAHAH I 'discern' alot from people, which means I read their mannerisms and attitude ALOT... So, this one probably excludes me if nothing else.. LMAO.. I just don't like tweakers or bad-@$$ attitude much, but I'm good at Poker  ;) ..But hopefully nobody takes me too seriously/personally when I do my beatdowns LOL.

My g/f and I both are actively looking for local gaming, and so CHECK - would be good to go on this one.

ok normally i wont wont jump into something like this but first of all, just because your a level 35 or 50 you can still be trash at either one the ranking system on halo 3 means nothing.... and just because someone is in a clan means nothing about there skill level as well im not bashing on clans but i know that there are people from clans that i have completely smashed and im not even that good at halo.

Offline Oo HyPn07iC oO

• OKgamers Supporters
  • OKgamer Evangelist
  • Casey.....Its not easy being your daddy........
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2008, 12:02:56 pm »
is rifter01 trying to play a joke on me or is he serious
Im not Sick......IM ILL...

DarkWraith56

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2008, 12:04:26 pm »
i have no idea and i hope that this is just a joke...

Rifter01

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2008, 01:11:04 pm »
ok normally i wont wont jump into something like this but first of all, just because your a level 35 or 50 you can still be trash at either one the ranking system on halo 3 means nothing.... and just because someone is in a clan means nothing about there skill level as well im not bashing on clans but i know that there are people from clans that i have completely smashed and im not even that good at halo.

I understand where you're coming from.. I am not trying to sound all big and bad.  Because I'm not.. [edit: But I DO have mad skillz] My g/f is better than most players in her division (she is like middle to top of the ladder/rankings/etc.).. So, well, in case you never heard of PMS (her clan is a Nationally recognized MLG participating clan) then I can understand you don't take her as a 'veteran' in your book.. But, to say the Halo 3 ranking system means nothing.. I completely disagree. 'Coz, well, there may be boosters and some n00b modders that rank up and are not-legit.. but, no, I'm talking legit 35 or whatever, I'm serious when I say I'm all over (from FFA, Objective, Slayer) 25-35, which just means I'm 'average' generally, but that's me. I don't play enough to rank any higher .. I think I got to 40 in FFA _once_.. But again, I understand it's subjective and all, but the ranking system is deff NOT nothing in my book. So, we agree to disagree I guess.   ???

Rifter

[P.S. I would love to have a reason to play more Halo 3, but, I don't have a gold XBLA account anymore.. [I got burned out by H3 players online, anyways.] I've been hoping to play offline this Spring/Summer (before it gets too hot and all, then all I will wanna do is stay on the couch and not go outside, hang out in someone's garage to game, etc.) ... Since I can't play online at the moment, that's the main reason I signed up and replied here at all.. Since I can't show you my skills, I understand you guys laughing until you know me.. But I'm serious, I'd like a reason to play more Halo 3 offline (and maybe online again when I can afford all the other digital services I have, etc), so for now, I'm serious, very serious about gaming local, but just a quick touch on my 'personallity' I'm an over 30/yr. old gamer, and my g/f is 27, so, we may be a way bit too 'mature' at times if you're not in our same age 'bracket'.  That's why I've worded my reply kinda 'jokingly' because our trash talk (mainly mine, she IS a LADY afterall) can be quite intense when we're provoked by total n00bs, etc., etc. I appreciate you guys finding this funny and whatnot.. Maybe if you don't think you can use my 'talent' or my g/f 'talent' just say so, coz instead it seems like instead of laughing with me, you need to laugh AT me since I'm new or whatnot.. That just makes me think I'm being trolled. Anyways, I'll try and end this on positive note, have fun everyone and later all!]
« Last Edit: May 14, 2008, 02:00:03 pm by Rifter01 »

DarkWraith56

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2008, 02:00:07 pm »

I understand where you're coming from.. I am not trying to sound all big and bad.  Because I'm not.. My g/f is better than most players in her division (she is like middle to top of the ladder/rankings/etc.).. So, well, in case you never heard of PMS (her clan is a Nationally recognized MLG participating clan) then I can understand you don't take her as a 'veteran' in your book.. But, to say the Halo 3 ranking system means nothing.. I completely disagree. 'Coz, well, there may be boosters and some n00b modders that rank up and are not-legit.. but, no, I'm talking legit 35 or whatever, I'm serious when I say I'm all over (from FFA, Objective, Slayer) 25-35, which just means I'm 'average' generally, but that's me. I don't play enough to rank any higher .. I think I got to 40 in FFA _once_.. But again, I understand it's subjective and all, but the ranking system is deff NOT nothing in my book. So, we agree to disagree I guess.   ???

Rifter

P.S. I would love to have a reason to play more Halo 3, but, I don't have a gold XBLA account anymore.. [I got burned out by H3 players online, anyways.] I've been hoping to play offline this Spring/Summer (before it gets too hot and all, then all I will wanna do is stay on the couch and not go outside, hang out in someone's garage to game, etc.) ... Since I can't play online at the moment, that's the main reason I signed up and replied here at all.. Since I can't show you my skills, I understand you guys laughing until you know me.. But I'm serious, I'd like a reason to play more Halo 3 offline (and maybe online again when I can afford all the other digital services I have, etc), so for now, I'm serious, very serious about gaming local, but just a quick touch on my 'personallity' I'm an over 30/yr. old gamer, and my g/f is 27, so, we may be a way bit too 'mature' at times if you're not in our same age 'bracket'.  That's why I've worded my reply kinda 'jokingly' because our trash talk (mainly mine, she IS a LADY afterall) can be quite intense when we're provoked by total n00bs, etc., etc. I appreciate you guys finding this funny and whatnot.. Maybe if you don't think you can use my 'talent' or my g/f 'talent' just say so, coz instead it seems like instead of laughing with me, you need to laugh AT me since I'm new or whatnot.. That just makes it trolling or worse. Anyways, end on positive note, later all!

wow this isnt starting on the forums in a good note

the whole deal is that you came onto this topic and just turned it into a joke im pretty sure hes trying to be serious with this. trying to find a good team is a hard thing to do with gaming so you cant just come onto a thread like this and start putting down a post that has no intention of helping it

so now this thread is going to go back on topic and there will be know more speaking of anything related to the argument of previous posts.

Rifter01

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2008, 02:03:58 pm »
(Edit: As I said in PMs - I apologize and am sorry for any disturbance in the force.) I withdraw my possible consideration for team.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2008, 02:42:45 pm by Rifter01 »

Offline TH3 R3LIGION

• OKgamer Evangelist
  • No XBL FR
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2008, 02:08:41 pm »
Ok big daddy r3ligion is here so settle this, Dark you need to calm down and let him post what he wants BC you are now a staff lead so its not your position to be coming down on kids, not to mention that its not even your thread so need to polive it yourself

Rifter, i know you are new but there is a fairly dedicated following of competitive halo players on the site and you just happened to stumble into a thread made by one of the better kids in the state, so the reason people are "coming down" on you is merely bc they take the competitive side fairly seriously
DO NOT SEND ME A FR UNLESS I KNOW YOU PERSONALLY

SEMI-PROS ARE HORRIBAD

Offline X_A

• X A - Lead OKGamer Evangelist
  • Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • http://okgamers.com
  • SEN ID: XianghuaALPHA
  • XBL ID: XianghuaALPHA
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2008, 01:47:19 am »

DarkWraith - why did you choose a random adult, even posessing a girlfriend (and then somewhat potentially more normal ;) ) when there are SO many trash talking pre-teens to go off on? Lol - really man, let's be nice to NEW people; it's impossible to just assume a new poster is tryin to cause issues - and well frankly, some people will be using this forum as their first online forum, even some of those on our staff have problems with 'online manners'...

(Edit: As I said in PMs - I apologize and am sorry for any disturbance in the force.) I withdraw my possible consideration for team.

Yea.  I'm sorry if you've gotten less than a warm welcome.  A - Halo players seem to come off fairly selfish, and often forget the site is for all gamers, new and old, and non-halo playing even.  B - some of the mod's get a bit burnt out by constant dealing with younger posters that have attitudes.  I'd assume by the fact you've tastefully backed out of this, you probably aren't one of those.  Sorry bout that :)

X A

Oklahoma doesn't have to "suck"
OKGamers.com - spread the word. 
OKgamers.com - our goals

New to the site?  Welcome to OKgamers.com!  Let us know how you found us!