Author Topic: .Hack//Infection  (Read 3501 times)

Offline makosira

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
.Hack//Infection
« on: April 23, 2010, 02:26:43 am »
I'm just curious, but does anyone happen to know where I could get the four games in the series for somewhat cheap?
I'm not expecting to get all four of them for an extremely low price, because I know at least two of the games are probably somewhat hard to find. And I looked the games up on Amazon, and the last game in the series, Quarantine, even if I were to buy it used off of there, is $42.

I don't care if I were to get them used, I just care to actually have the game disc. The OVA discs would be nice, too, but the game is what's important.

My mom, for my birthday once, bought me .Hack//Infection used, and there was no game disc. Just the OVA disc.

Reason I'm asking, is I recently watched a Let's Play of Infection, and I really want to play the game now, because I rather liked it. :-\

Edit: Oh, I guess I should mention the game names.

First game: .hack//Infection (or .hack: Infection)
Second game: .hack//Mutation (or .hack: Mutation)
Third game: .hack//Outbreak (or .hack: Outbreak)
Fourth game: .hack//Quarantine (or .hack: Quarantine)
« Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 02:31:38 am by makosira »
360 Live Gamertag: SulkiestSun

Someone had already taken makosira and sira... Who the heck uses 'makosira' besides me? o_O

Offline Billy Mays

• Official OKgamer
  • More like Wrath of the Burger King
    • View Profile
Re: .Hack//Infection
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2010, 07:40:37 am »
I got the first 3 via different Game Stops. They were all used but not damaged, a few scratches here and there but played perfectly. I have yet to find Quarantine, that was the hardest one for me to find~

Offline cravix

• OKgamers Supporters
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2010, 12:01:07 pm »
Good luck on that. Me and roommate bought them while series was still active.

The difference between a liberal and a conservative is that the liberal will ask you to vote republican while a conservative gives facts and asks for you to decide

Offline makosira

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2010, 04:02:56 pm »
I got the first 3 via different Game Stops. They were all used but not damaged, a few scratches here and there but played perfectly. I have yet to find Quarantine, that was the hardest one for me to find~

Quarantine seems to be the rarest one. Especially considering I can buy it off Amazon, but it's $42 for a used game, and around $70 for a new one.

Good luck on that. Me and roommate bought them while series was still active.

Thanks.
If I can't find all of them for at least a relatively cheap price, I'll just end up buying the ones I can off of Amazon, and hoping I get the money of Quarantine.

Someone had already taken makosira and sira... Who the heck uses 'makosira' besides me? o_O

Offline Animefreak6969

• OKgamer fo' life
  • YUM!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2010, 08:26:41 pm »
the .hack series, the originals, are considered rare in general. They're like Xenogears popular and takes time and/or money to get.  So it's gonna cost you unless you find someone stupid to sell em.

Offline Bees McGee

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2010, 10:39:23 pm »
are these the first or second iteration?

i played the first and they were cool

Offline makosira

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2010, 04:32:28 am »
are these the first or second iteration?

i played the first and they were cool

The .hack series is the first iteration.

the .hack series, the originals, are considered rare in general. They're like Xenogears popular and takes time and/or money to get.  So it's gonna cost you unless you find someone stupid to sell em.

I figured as much. The first three games, as long as I'm not buying them new, aren't going to take a huge chunk out of my pocket, as far as I can tell so far. The last game, however, will, even if I do buy it used.

Offline cravix

• OKgamers Supporters
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2010, 01:35:40 pm »
Focus on the first three. Make sure after you beat each one you do all the side quests so you can take the good stuff with you to the next game. This is going to take you a bit and is going to let you have more time to get the fourth game.

The difference between a liberal and a conservative is that the liberal will ask you to vote republican while a conservative gives facts and asks for you to decide

Offline X_A

• X A - Lead OKGamer Evangelist
  • Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • http://okgamers.com
  • SEN ID: XianghuaALPHA
  • XBL ID: XianghuaALPHA
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2010, 03:30:39 pm »

While doing a flyer run for TnT and May 8th, I asked at the 71st Game Exchange what they had -

Outbreak for 19,99, Infection for 14, and GU Rebirth for 18, but didn't have the original case.

There is also a NEW Game Exchange on 21st and Sheridan, but they had closed by the time I was doing my runs.

I'd call around man, seems like they are out there, definitely at GE yesterday, the one off 71st across from the mall.

X A

Oklahoma doesn't have to "suck"
OKGamers.com - spread the word. 
OKgamers.com - our goals

New to the site?  Welcome to OKgamers.com!  Let us know how you found us!

Offline makosira

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2010, 01:28:54 pm »
Focus on the first three. Make sure after you beat each one you do all the side quests so you can take the good stuff with you to the next game. This is going to take you a bit and is going to let you have more time to get the fourth game.

I know about this already, but thanks. :D Watching Let's Plays is fun, and is what sparked me to search for them anyway because I'd almost forgotten about it.

While doing a flyer run for TnT and May 8th, I asked at the 71st Game Exchange what they had -

Outbreak for 19,99, Infection for 14, and GU Rebirth for 18, but didn't have the original case.

There is also a NEW Game Exchange on 21st and Sheridan, but they had closed by the time I was doing my runs.

I'd call around man, seems like they are out there, definitely at GE yesterday, the one off 71st across from the mall.

X A

Thanks. I'll definitely do that, especially when I actually get the money I need to buy the games, which I should get shortly.
I figured it'd be best to ask here first, since I don't frequent game shops all that often in the first place.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 01:32:44 pm by makosira »