Author Topic: Official OKgamers.com Rules - SSBB /SC4 / SF4  (Read 26754 times)

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
  • Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
  • XBL ID: aXs Skorcher
Re: 2.0 rules for SSBB - SF4 rules discussion
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2009, 07:33:28 am »

Rules were alright 360 or ps3 it dont matter ill still win lol.

Quite an ego.  You gonna dissapear again when someone beats you?  Anyway, this is for rules, not posturing, you wanna trash talk go to the comp thread lol.

--

But - as Lonewolf points out, he won on either console, so for those complainers about switching from 360 to ps3, there's always that ;)

--

PS3 - is the community's choice, so OKgamers is going to back it.  Also, for the Jenks event, 3.5 ps3 setups came, and 3 360's with no TV's showed, so no overwhelming numbers, and in the end we had enough to go with standards, that means we'll stick with the standard as far as OKgamers is concerned.

Wireless - have the cables then?  k.

Double KO = point towards each.  Otherwise, do it again, check.

Characters - winner = locked sounds right by me too, soo unless there is something on Shoryuken against it, we'll go with that.

--

PDF is technically up, but we need to update it with this stuff, etc.

--

SSBB?

X A

Fair enough but i'm going to try to have both systems available. Because at the OEGE there was only a few Ps3 fighters and 30+ fighters for 360 so to cover my (A money sign money sign) Should I have SF4 on both systems? I would hate for gamers not to show just due to consoles. HxC supports Okgamers community on the Ps3 system.
"Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers"
HxC LAN Center

Tha_Prof3ssor

« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2009, 07:45:07 am »
Woah! SRK hasn't made any offcial rules yet??? Thats weird of them and woot Corneria and Green Hill Zone is banned!!!! I never liked those places

Offline Danieru

• learned the ropes
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2009, 11:33:21 pm »
Woah! SRK hasn't made any offcial rules yet???
Actually, they do for Evo: http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=181540

Street Fighter IV
• Game version: US Playstation 3
• Game Settings: Versus Mode, 99 Seconds, No Handicap
• If the players do not agree on a stage within 15 seconds, the match will be random stage select.
• Tournament Structure: To be determined. Tentatively 2/3 Rounds, 2/3 Games, Double Elimination.

Offline X_A

• X A - Lead OKGamer Evangelist
  • Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • http://okgamers.com
  • SEN ID: XianghuaALPHA
  • XBL ID: XianghuaALPHA
« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2009, 06:45:05 am »

SO - this is "THE THREAD" mentioned at the Funhouse tournaments...

...Yes, OKgamers.com has several businesses / events looking directly to it to make calls for rules, etc.  HOWEVER - we don't make our official call without serious review and COMMUNICATION from the local representatives / players from those communities.

Aka - we find out about rules / changes?  We post them, get some feed back from at least SEVERAL PLAYERS, wait for any concerns to be brought up, and then go with it.  Until the NVGA officially starts putting out their own rulesets, we'll continue with this trend...

SO - CHANGES TO THE SF4 PDF - Adding 3/5 games clarity for winners/losers finals, and 4/7 for grand finals?  Anything else you guys saw we should add?  (Maybe add in a solid definition of double elimination as well?)

SSBB PDF - do we want to make the 5 level changes, and the ps1 for Lylat swap out official for "OK"?  Do we add the "planking" rule?

...do we have an explination of "Double Elimination" on there at all?  I was asked by a new player, and realized the official SSBB doesn't actually include it, or did I miss it?  oi.

NORMAN.  TULSA.  OKC.  YES.  FEEDBACK PLEASE, and QUICK - so I can make the changes and PRINT THEM for 6/06 - and others that pull from our resources section in the media center can get the updated info!!!!

X A

Oklahoma doesn't have to "suck"
OKGamers.com - spread the word. 
OKgamers.com - our goals

New to the site?  Welcome to OKgamers.com!  Let us know how you found us!

Offline Typ_EX

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2009, 05:47:43 pm »
I like the rules saif posted.

-4 neutrals that have to be in every tournament

-when tourney is posted, discussion on which of the other 4 neutrals/counterpicks will be in which category.

-no planking

-talk of which stages should be in the counter pick or banned category.

Offline X_A

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2009, 06:04:22 pm »
Well, and for SSBB to clarify once more from what I understand - the difference between the old and the new rules - stages and adding the planking rule.  So I need a go / no go on planking rule addition, and then these are the stages we used last time:

STARTER:
Battefield
Final D
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
POKEMON STADIUM 1 (in replace of formerly lylat)

COUNTER STAGES:
Frigate Orpheon
Jungle Japes
Rainbow Cruise
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium 2
Norfair
Pictochat
Pirate Ship
Brinstar
Castle Siege
Delfino
Halberd

So.  OK sticks with the '5 starters', and kills the banned stages outta counter?  yes?  No, 7, or different levels?  Also, should we add the planking rule?

SSBB - FEEDBACK - because by the 31st I either have several of you giving feedback here and us going with that, or no one responds AGAIN AGAIN, and we just go with old rules at TCC.

--

SF4 - most of your guys stuff is additions, but still, you too guys.  Need to know.

X A

OKgamers.com - our goals

Offline FK

• learned the ropes
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 25, 2009, 05:17:11 pm »
Lylat Cruise is a good choice for a 5th neutral starter. It is far more neutral than PS1 or Halberd. Castle Siege is just out of the question. 

Lylat Cruise - Ship Tilts with MAY gimp some character. It's not like the ship tilts at a lighting fast speed though.

PS1 - Stage changes that give advantages and disadvantages to certain characters.
 While the stage is changing, any platforms that are rising or falling will stop a character in his or her tracks.  This stage also has a glitched edge.

Lylat is the obvious Choice.

Offline Danieru

• learned the ropes
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 26, 2009, 05:40:27 am »
Lylat Cruise - Ship Tilts with MAY gimp some character. It's not like the ship tilts at a lighting fast speed though.
Honestly, after awhile most characters should be able to recover as long as the player is used to adapting to different angles to recover.  Definitely more neutral than some of the BS on PS1.

Offline Typ_EX

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 27, 2009, 11:54:54 pm »
Lylat Cruise is a good choice for a 5th neutral starter. It is far more neutral than PS1 or Halberd. Castle Siege is just out of the question.  

PS1 - Stage changes that give advantages and disadvantages to certain characters.
 While the stage is changing, any platforms that are rising or falling will stop a character in his or her tracks.  This stage also has a glitched edge.

I just tested this myself.  The glitch we spoke of before hand only works on 2 people.  I will not mention who those involved are, but that is 2 compared to anybody that prefers sweet spotting the ledge.

Honestly, after awhile most characters should be able to recover as long as the player is used to adapting to different angles to recover.  Definitely more neutral than some of the BS on PS1.

Lylat could gimp any character that could be going for a sweet spot ledge.  So that eliminates...snake?

Offline Affinity

• learned the ropes
  • [<o>]
    • View Profile
    • Affinity's Youtube
  • XBL ID: Affinity2412
« Reply #39 on: May 28, 2009, 11:45:29 am »
PS1 is much more of a neutral than Lylat. Lylat gimps too many recoveries and messes with a lot of characters projectile games. Lylat was replaced with PS1 as a neutral in the middle of WHOBO, for reasons like these.

Offline Affinity

• learned the ropes
  • [<o>]
    • View Profile
    • Affinity's Youtube
  • XBL ID: Affinity2412
Re: Official OKgamers.com rules for SSBB / SC4 tournaments
« Reply #40 on: May 28, 2009, 11:48:11 am »
The stage list really needs to be updated.

Offline X_A

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
Re: Official OKgamers.com rules for SSBB / SC4 tournaments
« Reply #41 on: May 28, 2009, 02:26:25 pm »
Yea - this thread is ONLY good for SC4 currently.

SSBB will be updated once the 2.0 conversation is finished / THIS SUNDAY - which ever comes first...

...I'm hoping the local SSBB community will get their debates done by then, because I'm goin to finalize Sunday one way or another - need to allow AT LEAST A WEEK for learning and printing of new rules, etc - for TCC event.

X A

OKgamers.com - our goals

Offline AfroTastic

• OKgamers Supporters
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 28, 2009, 11:08:17 pm »
I'm all for PS1 being over lylat as a neutral. ;D

Offline Typ_EX

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 28, 2009, 11:14:26 pm »
heh, even though snake can't sweet spot chooses ps1 over lylat.  and lylat is supposed to be a good snake stage too.

Offline FK

• learned the ropes
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 29, 2009, 03:04:53 am »
It's because of the edge...Fro likes to lock people like me on that darned edge...

Lylat > PS1 for more characters in my opinion.

I only see MK/Snake and maybe Link...but Link can't reach any edge anyway... getting gimped on Lylat, really. Besides...PS1 has a wall where characters can lock with tilts and chaingrabs. I'm not sure why there is much consideration being given to PS1.

But whatevah...I guess it only makes sense in my head.