Author Topic: OKC - HxC Summer Season Opener - SF4/SSBB 1v1 - 6/27/09  (Read 28045 times)

Offline HxC_LAN_Center

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer Evangelist
  • "Hardcore Gaming for Hardcore Gamers" - HxC LAN
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
  • XBL ID: HxC LAN Center
OKC - HxC Summer Season Opener - SF4/SSBB 1v1 - 6/27/09
« on: May 16, 2009, 12:52:20 am »
Alright OKG! We finally found a good location and set a date! This is our tournament details for Street Fighter 4 and Super Smash Brothers Brawl. For the first time we are going to be charging an entry fee to help pay for the venue. One thing that we would like to explain to everyone is that EVERY DIME that is made from this tournament is going STRAIGHT towards the following: Paying for the Venue, Paying for the next tournaments venue, future prizes, and equipment. NONE of the money goes to our pockets personally, it all goes to making our tournaments bigger and better for all of YOU! We hope you attend and enjoy our Season opener!

When:
June 27, 2009

Where:
The Biltmore Hotel
401 S Meridian Ave
Oklahoma City, OK 73108
(405) 947-7681
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=Biltmore+Hotel+Oklahoma&fb=1&cid=0,0,1978394725764089781&near=Oklahoma+City,+OK&ei=kCYOSpXIItrEmQfv6JnHBQ&sa=X&oi=manybox&resnum=2&ct=10

Times:
11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. -- Registration/Setup
1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. -- Warm Ups
2:30 p.m. -- Tournament Start

Prices:
Tournament Participants - $5 Venue Fee
SSBB - $10 Per Person
SF4 - $10 Per Person

For Instant Tournament Updates:
You can either Sign up for our mobile club by going to this website - www.broadtexter.com/hxclancenter - OR you can Text Message this number - 646-662-3101 - Signing up for our mobile club is only going to help you in the long run! By signing up you will know instantly when we have update some of our information on the our post here! And later on when the LAN Center opens you will recieve texts about specials and other things going on at the LAN Center! So please sign up!

Things to Know:
After you have brought in your equiment and set it up you are NOT allowed to play any games until warm ups start. We are doing this that way we can also make sure that the electricity will be stable (We are 95% sure it will be) and also so we can setup all the network cables and power cables properly. If you arent able to make it on time for registration, just make sure you give us a call before 1:00 and we will take down all your information and put you in the bracket then you can pay when you get there.

Equipment:
We will be providing at least 2 CRT TVs for each tournament. We do ask that people bring their PS3s, 360s, and Wiis with all characters and maps unlocked. We greatly appreciate anyone willing to bring their systems and games. Dont worry soon we will be buying a few 360s dedicated for SF4 and a couple Wiis for Brawl. We plan on buying a PS3 but we plan on getting the other 2 first.

Responsibility:
HxC will not be responsible for anyones equipment but our own. We suggest marking your equipment with your name somehow, whether that be tape and just your name on the tape or a sticker of some sort. However you want to do it, as long as you know its your.

Prizes:
SSBB
1st Place - $150 Cash
2nd Place - $50 Cash

SF4
1st Place - $150 Cash
2nd Place - $50 Cash

Games:
Super Smash Brothers - Brawl
-1v1
-Double Elim
-We are using OKGamers Official SSBB rules throughout the season. Follow the link to get the rules - http://www.okgamers.com/pdf/ssbb-rules.pdf
-64 Player Max

Street Fighter 4
Console - PS3/360
-Double Elim
-We are providing to XCM adapters so 360 players can play on the PS3 and PS3 players don't have to play on the 360.
-We are using OKGamers Official SF4 rules throughout the season. Follow the link to get the rules - http://www.okgamers.com/pdf/sf4-rules.pdf
-64 Player Max

Sponsors
Kiaeneto Clothing - www.kiaeneto.com
Jinx Gaming - www.jinx.com
Cocaine Energy - www.drinkcocaine.com
BRAWNDO Energy - www.brawndo.com
PlasmaBurn - www.plasmaburn.com

Concessions
Unfortunatly we are not allowed to bring in outside food or drink. But luckily there are alot of fast food restraunts in the area, ALOT. Now because of this inconvienence all of the energy drinks that we were going to sell, we are going to be giving to you for FREE! After the tournament is over of course, which means you will have to open them after you leave.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 03:45:13 am by HxC_LAN_Center »

Offline HxC_LAN_Center

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
Re: OKC - HxC Summer Season Opener - SF4/SSBB 1v1 - 6/27/09
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2009, 12:53:22 am »
*****SSBB 1v1 Results*****

1: type x
2: FattyFatso
3: FK
4: Will
5: popimpist
5: markmadness
7: Fling
7: FA
9: Jaden
9: cris
9: x time
9: jordan
13: air bud
13: Rey K.A
13: charles
13: tax atlas
17: Wolf
17: alex
« Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 03:44:30 am by HxC_LAN_Center »

Offline HxC_LAN_Center

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2009, 12:53:40 am »
*****Street Fighter 4 Results*****

1: Ultimate Faust
2: crazy clown  101
3: Snipa Steve
4: kookie
5: dakota
5: Ninjafeet
7: Mungstar
7: troy
9: M16 Ninja
9: Michael
9: N. Kit
9: kelley
13: Arkharian
13: Kenny
13: sammich
13: Joseph
17: Fluffy John
17: Ernie
« Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 03:43:54 am by HxC_LAN_Center »

Offline gosufailure

• Familiar Face
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2009, 08:24:44 am »
Has anybody with solid timing tried that XCM adapator in SF4? I'm just worried that putting anything between the console and the joystick is going to introduce input lag. We need someone who can consistently perform tight execution in a fighting game try it for us.

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
  • Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
  • XBL ID: aXs Skorcher
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2009, 08:55:47 am »
Has anybody with solid timing tried that XCM adapator in SF4? I'm just worried that putting anything between the console and the joystick is going to introduce input lag. We need someone who can consistently perform tight execution in a fighting game try it for us.
Shoryuken said no lag.
"Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers"
HxC LAN Center

Offline Vegafuse

• Familiar Face
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2009, 11:23:45 am »
I'll be there entering both games.

DarkWraith56

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2009, 02:36:10 pm »
FROM what i understand there is no lag on controllers but there seems to be problems with joysticks.

Offline HxC_LAN_Center

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2009, 02:41:48 pm »
Yes from what we have read there are NO problems with the XCM adapters for controllers and are very few problems with sticks.

Offline X_A

• X A - Lead OKGamer Evangelist
  • Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • http://okgamers.com
  • SEN ID: XianghuaALPHA
  • XBL ID: XianghuaALPHA
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2009, 04:04:10 pm »
FROM what i understand there is no lag on controllers but there seems to be problems with joysticks.
Yup.

But very few SERIOUS stick using fighting gamers don't have BOTH sticks from what I've seen, with some 360 stick users just using a ps3 pad if they don't want to borrow...

The REAL problem is - going 360 pad to ps3 pad.  So, these adapters are perfect.  And if a stick user doesn't have a stick for both, well ps3 sticks and 360 sticks are the same HARDWARE and interface, so while pad users need an adapter, stick users can usually simply borrow a stick if need be.
(same model to model is the same hardware of course.  Yes there's "sf straight" vs "hori curved" button layout changes, but hey, buy two sticks if you can't handle borrowing lol)

X A

Oklahoma doesn't have to "suck"
OKGamers.com - spread the word. 
OKgamers.com - our goals

New to the site?  Welcome to OKgamers.com!  Let us know how you found us!

Offline po pimpus

• learned the ropes
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2009, 05:31:43 pm »
Po will be there, and probably a bunch of those Norman fools also. Yay, for points! Now I can win out by attrition...

Offline Danieru

• learned the ropes
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2009, 08:35:05 pm »
I am going to do my best to try and get there.  Hopefully my Gouken will be good enough to compete.

Offline HxC_LAN_Center

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2009, 10:42:36 pm »
We really do want to see all of you SSBB players and SF4 players at this one! We are trying our best to get all of Oklahoma to actually come together as a community, and that is one reason we decided on the points system, we believe that if people have a something to build on each time it will make people want to work harder to get better which means they will want to practice with the people around them. We hope it works out!

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
  • Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
  • XBL ID: aXs Skorcher
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2009, 07:34:23 am »
Yup.

But very few SERIOUS stick using fighting gamers don't have BOTH sticks from what I've seen, with some 360 stick users just using a ps3 pad if they don't want to borrow...

The REAL problem is - going 360 pad to ps3 pad.  So, these adapters are perfect.  And if a stick user doesn't have a stick for both, well ps3 sticks and 360 sticks are the same HARDWARE and interface, so while pad users need an adapter, stick users can usually simply borrow a stick if need be.
(same model to model is the same hardware of course.  Yes there's "sf straight" vs "hori curved" button layout changes, but hey, buy two sticks if you can't handle borrowing lol)

X A

Ok. So sticks  works on both systems??
"Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers"
HxC LAN Center

Offline sickkboy19

• Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2009, 09:18:15 am »
This is on my birthday, but hopefully I can make it. I agree with XA. If you are serious about tournaments then you buy the appropriate equipment to play in them. So should I bring my ps3 stick or my sticks for both systems.

Offline HxC_LAN_Center

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2009, 10:53:00 am »
If you have both we suggest you bring both.