Author Topic: OKC - Padded Weapon Sparring - Meeting Weekly on Saturdays  (Read 4402 times)

Offline CyBorian

• Startin' Out
    • View Profile
OKC - Padded Weapon Sparring - Meeting Weekly on Saturdays
« on: October 10, 2009, 07:32:02 pm »
My name is James and I am one of the founders of the TriPoint Sparring Association.  We are a group of gamers who had wanted to expand our knowledge of medieval combat.  With home made padded weapons we conduct various mock battles.  Through our events we learn about fabrication using spare parts, various fighting forms, and we get a great workout challenging our friends.

We meet weekly at Hefner Lake (Parking lot at the NE Corner of Merridian and NW Expressway) for those who would care to observe or participate. Please call 405-816-2447 for more information or visit us on Facebook. (http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/group.php?gid=135874797460&ref=ts)

James H
Weapon Developer and Safety Officer
TriPoint Sparring Association

Offline G WaDe

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
Re: OKC - Padded Weapon Sparring - Meeting Weekly on Saturdays
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2009, 06:01:18 pm »
L.A.I.R.E?

Offline CyBorian

• Startin' Out
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2009, 10:18:14 pm »
Eventually, yes.  Right now we are primarily just learning the individual weapons and the various styles that each can be used with.

We do work with single matches as well as group fights to help "liven things up".  As we all should know, that the tactics in a one one one fight are much different than tactics in a free for all.

Come on out and take a look.  You would be welcome as a guest!

Offline rev

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2009, 08:26:52 pm »
i did amtgard for about 10 years and played at the melee park for a period of time while in tulsa.  you're probably not gonna be too successful in the oklahoma area, fyi.  just not enough interest.

Offline CyBorian

• Startin' Out
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2009, 07:17:09 am »
That may be true, but my friends and I believe we can do this.  We are long time fighters too out of the IFGS crowd.  We just want to focus more on training our skills as fighters than the 2-3 times a year that our old group would want to play. 

Offline rev

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2009, 09:48:07 pm »
if you wanna go work on real martial combat with a sword, go do kendo at the sen shin kan dojo located at the redlands fencing academy in okc.  the sensei there is very good.

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
  • Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
  • XBL ID: aXs Skorcher
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2009, 03:59:42 pm »
That may be true, but my friends and I believe we can do this.  We are long time fighters too out of the IFGS crowd.  We just want to focus more on training our skills as fighters than the 2-3 times a year that our old group would want to play. 
Man this sounds like fun!
"Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers"
HxC LAN Center

Offline CyBorian

• Startin' Out
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2009, 04:06:55 pm »
For now we are closed for the holiday season.  We look forward to Jan 9th.  We have a indoor location that has been donated to us for the winter season and a good size open field for when things heat up.  I'll make another post later when we get started.

In the meantime, if anyone has questions about what we are doing, please PM me hear or email me at [email protected].

James