Author Topic: Fighting Gamers - What game REALLY has the largest community? (uh ohes)  (Read 17280 times)

Offline Solidus

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
  • SEN ID: SolidusSpriggan
Re: Fighting Gamers - What game REALLY has the largest community? (uh ohes)
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2010, 05:57:42 pm »
Tekken has a tv show in Korea.  http://sdtekken.com/2010/04/10/tekken-crash-season-4-group-a-videos/

Just sayin.

Most of the characters in Smash Brothers have had their own TV series, some of which have been adapted worldwide (Kirby, pokemon), and some of which are still continuing.

I didn't mean a cartoon.  I meant a TV show based on competitors playing in a team tournament.

Oh, conveying meaning is the goal of language ^_-

3D fighters just haven't matured yet IMO, perhaps a DMC style combat system would work...might be worth checking out, Bayonetta vs Jean worked out pretty well.

Offline Animefreak6969

• OKgamer fo' life
  • YUM!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2010, 06:08:10 pm »
3d fighters are fine and have been for a long time.  And I hate when people say DMC fighting style as a fighter, if people think about that then you have FF Dissidia, that's what the game would turn out to be.  Dissidia is fun but seriously lacking in any way for tournament style play.

Offline agalol

• Startin' Out
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2010, 02:20:02 am »
Uh, Street Fighter is obvi way bigger than the Tekken community. SRK has 104,763 people registered on it. THere is also a SF4 TV show in korea.

On the is Smash legit question, of course it is a legit fighting game. But why would you want to put the effort into something as unbalanced as smash? Character specific infinities in match ups that are stupid easy to do? Stage banning to try and get the game back to balanced? random variables of, oh maybe thats death maybe its still live able? Not being able to play characters because they don't have KO viability (Lookin at you Sonic)?  And a development team that could care not care less about the compettive side?

Or you could play street fighter...where they host in house tournaments, and sponsor tournaments for there games. Run by Capcom, who responds to the fan base and directly interacts with them, the  tourny ones not the casuals. Or you could get your voice drowned out by kids who want Tails in the game, rather than you know...balance changes.

Offline Animefreak6969

• OKgamer fo' life
  • YUM!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2010, 02:28:06 am »
Korea has a show that shows nothing but SF4 fights? I haven't seen it...

I don't like smash, but the infinites portion is a sad excuse, having character specific infinites is better than infinites IN GENERAL like MVC2, TvC, CVS2, GG, BB< etc... have.

Offline Bees McGee

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2010, 01:03:45 pm »
Korea has a show that shows nothing but SF4 fights? I haven't seen it...

I don't like smash, but the infinites portion is a sad excuse, having character specific infinites is better than infinites IN GENERAL like MVC2, TvC, CVS2, GG, BB< etc... have.

BB has an infinite? CS or CT?

Offline agalol

• Startin' Out
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2010, 06:04:41 pm »
yea, but in those games it takes more talent to do. i want to see someone defend ddds on dk ashard or marth on lucas or ness.  yes infis exist else where.But they take more than mashing Z or pressing it in a constant rthymn. ICs infini is legit, thats not something you see and can instantly repeat.   On korean tv, video games are a sport over there.  A LOT of them have shows (sc,wow,aeon,etc.) it means little about what is better (soccer in the us anyone?)

Offline jamarn

• learned the ropes
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2010, 06:34:56 pm »
There is really no point in arguing over who has the biggest community.  Support fighters and support the games you love. 

Offline Animefreak6969

• OKgamer fo' life
  • YUM!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2010, 08:00:14 pm »
Bees, Carl has an infinite in CT. They removed it in CS but they gave him the ability to do 8k combos instead... yay.

and no, even if they're easier, they're character specific. That means you have a counter in some way vs it even if it means changing characters. And like you said it's SMASH knowing a 2nd character simply for counter picks is nothing hard to consider.

I mean I learned Carls infinite in a week, went HEY LOOK and trolled people for a few days before stopping cuz it's gay. And not to mention Kims in CvS2, although way out of practice, all that is is 22HK 22HKover and over in the corner

Offline Bees McGee

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2010, 09:09:12 pm »
Bees, Carl has an infinite in CT. They removed it in CS but they gave him the ability to do 8k combos instead... yay.

wow how could i of all people forget that

Offline agalol

• Startin' Out
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2010, 01:50:30 am »
and no, even if they're easier, they're character specific. That means you have a counter in some way vs it even if it means changing characters. And like you said it's SMASH knowing a 2nd character simply for counter picks is nothing hard to consider.
That doesn't make sense at all. You have a counter vs it in some way because you can choose someone else? That is the argument you are going with? Its legit to just hit the Z-button and thats the end of a character? You than say the game is easy mode, thus learn someone new? How on earth does the fact that its character specific mean that there is a counter to it? You said you spent a WEEK learning it right? Ok let me teach you a smash infiniti, grab ness with marth (grab is the z button), press said button over and over and over. Profit. I'll agree with you that CVS2 also sucks ♥♥♥.

Offline Animefreak6969

• OKgamer fo' life
  • YUM!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2010, 01:59:07 pm »
No there isn't any argument, just fact.  Marth has infinite on Ness? Oh snap don't choose Ness

DarkWraith56

« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2010, 05:12:45 pm »
How about we all just remember that PC games are the only true games! :D

Offline Bees McGee

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2010, 10:11:15 pm »
How about we all just remember that PC games are the only true games! :D

wat

Offline agalol

• Startin' Out
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2010, 02:22:30 am »
No there isn't any argument, just fact.  Marth has infinite on Ness? Oh snap don't choose Ness
But why would you want to put the effort into something as unbalanced as smash? Character specific infinities in match ups that are stupid easy to do? Stage banning to try and get the game back to balanced? random variables of, oh maybe thats death maybe its still live able? Not being able to play characters because they don't have KO viability (Lookin at you Sonic)?  And a development team that could care not care less about the compettive side?

Respond to one thing, by randomly asserting other games have infis. Good job brah.

Offline Animefreak6969

• OKgamer fo' life
  • YUM!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2010, 09:04:31 am »
I didn't assert anything about any other game in that post you quoted, just about Smash infinites.