Author Topic: Vintage Stock SSFIV Launch Tournament - 05/01/10 - Lee's Summit, MO.  (Read 1794 times)

Offline DigitalHypnosis

• Familiar Face
    • View Profile
This isn't necessarily a hype thread about the tournament, but it does make you think.

A Vintage Stock store is holding an SSFIV launch tournament inside a Vintage Stock in Lee's Summit, MO. Which is next to Kansas City.

Tulsa has (to my count) five Vintage Stocks within the metro area. Three inside Tulsa, one in Broken Arrow, and one in Owasso.

Now, if only there were some way to let the local Vintage Stock managers that the locals here would like something similar to what the store in Lee's Summit is doing?

Offline Bees McGee

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
Re: Vintage Stock SSFIV Launch Tournament - 05/01/10 - Lee's Summit, MO.
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2010, 12:50:58 pm »
i remember when i first moved to owasso i talked to somebody there about tournaments and if they were willing to do them

dont remember the answer, but nothing has happened yet so....

it is probably because its the owasso one. should check the others

Offline onedirtylei

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2010, 12:54:57 pm »
Answer = No, apparently.
"ODLei"

Offline tenindo

• Official OKgamer
  • i do wat i do,.,.,.,.thatz how i do it
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: Tenindo
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2010, 12:57:52 pm »
Grab ur pitch forkz !   Go go go
6(~.')9

Offline X_A

• X A - Lead OKGamer Evangelist
  • Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • http://okgamers.com
  • SEN ID: XianghuaALPHA
  • XBL ID: XianghuaALPHA
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2010, 05:12:35 am »
Answer = No, apparently.

Dunno personally.

They'd make a great event sponsor - but as a venue I guess it'd depend on the store, layout, and game(s) catered to.

As for OKgamers volunteer staff helping out - we work with any of the businesses that come to us and have a venue, etc.  If it's going to help gamers, and the community, we do what we can.  (Which has been throwing more and more events for gamers in the OK area for the last 4+ years.)

...but it comes down to having an "In".  If they don't come to us, it comes down to contacts talking about us.

Do you know venues?  Point out OKgamers

Do you know event coordinators? Point out they can post their gamer related events on OKgamers

Do you know sponsors?  Point out the attention they'd get from working with OKgamers

Right now I'd LOVE a solid beverage sponsor, some new venues, and of course to work more with more MIXED gaming events - LAN's, LARP'ing, Tabletop and Consoles - all at once.  It just comes down to the right fits, and who we run into / get's sent our way.

And why?
Sponsors - gamers are rutt types, once introduced, gamers stick with you.
Venues - same as sponsors, and we'll bring you more traffic and awareness.
Coordinators - OKgamers is the best place for OK area gaming related event info - it's what the site is FOR and free (free forever) - so of course they benefit from posting their event here.

If you know people - have them check out the site.  The contact form comes straight to me and the TO's, we'll take care of the rest.

X A

Oklahoma doesn't have to "suck"
OKGamers.com - spread the word. 
OKgamers.com - our goals

New to the site?  Welcome to OKgamers.com!  Let us know how you found us!