Author Topic: Jenks - Weekly Pokemon Heart, Gold Soul, Silver DSI Tournaments - Thursdays  (Read 12816 times)

Offline Alien Games

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
    • www.myaliengames.com
Alien Games Jenks!!

We are now having weekly Pokemon DSI Tournaments on Thursdays.

$4.00 entry, winners split pot in store credit!

Finals played thru WII on 50" plasma!!

Registration at 6:00, tournament starts at 6:30pm each Thursday!
« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 03:14:57 pm by X_A »
Alien Games, 508 E. "A" Street. Jenks (918) 296-7111

Offline FLIP17

• OKgamer Evangelist
  • THIS IS SWAAAAAGTASTIC
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: Flip17
sweet...

this sounds cool....

how exactly does the wii deal work???

Offline Alien Games

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
    • www.myaliengames.com
Its awesome! If you have the Wii Pokemon game the DS's link into it and you battle on the big screen using the DS! Come try!

Offline cravix

• OKgamers Supporters
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
I am kind of new to the whole pokemon competative scene. Is there a link with the rules or could you list some basics, IE banned pokes/items. Min/Max poke level.

The difference between a liberal and a conservative is that the liberal will ask you to vote republican while a conservative gives facts and asks for you to decide

Offline FLIP17

• OKgamer Evangelist
  • THIS IS SWAAAAAGTASTIC
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: Flip17
wow... didn't even think about that...

i'd also like rules and reg

Offline Alien Games

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
    • www.myaliengames.com
Okay here we go, so far the rules are as follows:  Nintendo Ban list, Pokemon Clause, Item clause and sleep clause. All battles are Below the Pokemon center keeping levels below 50. Come early and we discuss further rule changes each week. The finals on the big screen draw a crowd!

Thanks!

Offline Alien Games

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
    • www.myaliengames.com
We had the biggest turn out so far, this week!! Come out and join in next week ;D

Offline cravix

• OKgamers Supporters
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
What time do you close on thursdays. I might not be able to make it to the tournament, but i can maybe go out there for some post game action.

The difference between a liberal and a conservative is that the liberal will ask you to vote republican while a conservative gives facts and asks for you to decide

Offline Alien Games

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
    • www.myaliengames.com
We close at 10:00 on Thursdays

Offline cravix

• OKgamers Supporters
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
I thought I would post the official rules off of nintendo's pokesite.

Battle Rules:
Each match is played using the Pokémon Communication Club Coliseum, found on the top floor of the Pokémon Center in Pokémon HeartGold and Pokémon SoulSilver Versions. The tournament will use the GS Cup rules set, with some additional restrictions.

Each player uses four Pokémon during the battle, and sends out two Pokémon at a time.
The Flat Battle rules have an auto-level feature, which sets all Pokémon that are above level 50 down to level 50 for the duration of the battle with the following parameters:
Each Pokémon retains all of the moves that it knew before being auto-leveled
Pokémon that evolve after level 50 do not devolve when auto-leveled
Pokémon below level 50 remain at their actual level rather than being auto-leveled up to level 50 for the battle
The Pokémon’s stats are adjusted to what its level 50 stats would be
A player’s team may not contain two Pokémon with the same National Pokédex number.
Each Pokémon on a player’s team may use held items, though no two Pokémon may hold the same item during battle. Allowed items include held items from Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver Versions as well as from earlier video games, including Berries 1–64. The Soul Dew item may not be used.
Players may not enter two Pokémon with the same nickname.
Players may not enter a Pokémon nicknamed with the name of another Pokémon character (for example, a Lucario nicknamed “Spiritomb”).
Players found to have inappropriate/offensive Trainer names or Pokémon nicknames, as determined by the event staff, will be disqualified from the event.

Pokémon Restrictions:
Players may use Pokémon found in the Pokémon HeartGold and Pokémon SoulSilver Versions National Pokédex, from 001 to 493, including those Pokémon imported from earlier video games, with the exception of the Pokémon listed below.

Ineligible Pokémon
The following Pokémon NOT eligible for use in the tournament:

151 – Mew
251 – Celebi
385 – Jirachi
386 – Deoxys
489 – Phione
490 – Manaphy
491 – Darkrai
492 – Shaymin
493 – Arceus
Restricted Pokémon
During battle, a player’s team of four Pokémon may not have more than two Pokémon from the list below. A player’s Team Information Sheet may contain up to four Pokémon from the list below, as long as two non-restricted Pokémon are also listed on the sheet.

150 – Mewtwo
249 – Lugia
250 – Ho-Oh
382 – Kyogre
383 – Groudon
384 – Rayquaza
483 – Dialga
484 – Palkia
487 – Giratina
Move Restrictions:
Pokémon may only use moves (including those learned in an earlier video game) that have been learned through one of the following methods:

By leveling up
By TM or HM
As an Egg move, through breeding
From a Move Tutor
Already learned by a Pokémon that was received at an official Pokémon event or promotion
Already learned by a Pokémon that was received from another Pokémon game (such as the Pikachu that knows Surf from Pokémon Battle Revolution)
By Smeargle’s “Sketch” move (limited to the above moves learned by Pokémon from 001 to 493)

Of course Alien Games is running the tournament so they may alter these parameters.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 01:04:28 pm by cravix »

Offline Alien Games

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
    • www.myaliengames.com
Yep, thats pretty much it! We just do teams of 6 and battle under the centers which keeps them to 50.

Offline bw5550

• Startin' Out
    • View Profile
I might come by and play...just found out about it from this site! :)

Offline Squall

• Startin' Out
    • View Profile
hehe, I'll hopefully be coming this coming thursday just gotta get $4 together then i'll be bringing a storm with me =P

Offline Alien Games

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
    • www.myaliengames.com
Great turn out, getting bigger every week! Had 3 new players from OKgamers! Thanks to all that played! Looking forward to next Thursday.

Offline DarkVorteX

• Startin' Out
  • Eatin Cak3z 0.0
    • View Profile
you guys are doing a great job with the tournaments ;D keep up the good work

Do you think i could bring my wii for the semi finals? I dont have battle revolution though, someone else will have to provide it.
O o
/¯____________________________ ______________
| BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAARGH!!!
\_¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯