Author Topic: Monster Hunter Tri  (Read 23630 times)

Offline cravix

• OKgamers Supporters
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Hunter Tri
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2010, 03:25:20 pm »
Of course you can go online day 1. I was just wondering when the quests just start getting to the point where you need help.

The difference between a liberal and a conservative is that the liberal will ask you to vote republican while a conservative gives facts and asks for you to decide

Offline mjobrien10

• OKgamers Supporters
  • Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2010, 04:42:17 pm »
Oh, sorry man, I hope I didn't sound like an ♥♥♥ or anything.  Monsters in the online quests are roughly 2x stronger than the ones offline.  So a normal Jaggi that can be killed in one swing will take 2, and so on.  It's not a big deal till you fight tough monsters like rathian and such cause their attacks deal hella hard damage.  I advise an armor rating of at least 100 to fight online "strong" monsters. 

That being said, you can complete the majority of 1 and 2 star online quests alone if you've beaten the single player campaign up to the 4 star missions and have decent gear.  In past MH games you could take on the online alone and it was just really tough, I haven't played enough online for tri yet to make that judgement.

Offline Bees McGee

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2010, 11:57:11 pm »
so could, say, a close friend and I tackle normal online quests by ourselves only if we were awesome?

also isnt there an online arena

Offline mjobrien10

• OKgamers Supporters
  • Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2010, 08:06:08 am »
I'm sure you could do it with only being semi-awsome.  I would just work to get an armor rating of around 100 or so before you take on the big stuff.

Offline cravix

• OKgamers Supporters
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2010, 08:54:07 am »
Well I am at the part where i have to start catching those boss monsters. Any helpful suggestions.

The difference between a liberal and a conservative is that the liberal will ask you to vote republican while a conservative gives facts and asks for you to decide

Offline mjobrien10

• OKgamers Supporters
  • Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2010, 08:59:20 am »
For the Great jaggi, once he starts drooling or limping to get away from you stop swinging at him.  let him escape to area 6 and go to sleep.  once he is asleep walk right up to him and set the trap.  the trap will wake him and have him snared...then just pop him in the face with a couple tranq bombs.

For the QUEERopico (haha) after you have broken two of his parts (face, and/or wing tips) he is ready to be caught.  He also limps (but not always).  He will run away to area 8 for sleep and just do the same thing you did to the jaggi.

It's about the same for most any of the big monsters, once they limp they can be caught.  you just gotta find out where they go to sleep and have a trap ready.   

Happy hunting

Offline cravix

• OKgamers Supporters
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2010, 09:56:36 am »
Whats the best way to obtain tranq bombs

Offline mjobrien10

• OKgamers Supporters
  • Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2010, 09:58:43 am »
They give them to you in the blue box at the beginning of quests or I think you combine sleep herbs with catalyst or sap plant, I'm not too sure but most of the recipes for combining in this game have been the same as the ones for past games so it can probably be googled.

Offline cravix

• OKgamers Supporters
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2010, 10:14:30 am »
Got em. Sleeping like a baby.

Edit: Was sleeping like a baby, till we killed it and carved it for parts.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 10:59:24 am by cravix »

Offline cravix

• OKgamers Supporters
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2010, 11:04:37 am »
We should do an OKgamers MH clan XD

Offline mjobrien10

• OKgamers Supporters
  • Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2010, 11:10:20 am »
Not a bad idea, I'm in. 

Has anyone fought a rathian yet?  I knocked down 3 last night and they are a real pain.  The armor looks cool too, too bad it doesn't have a good skill set :(. They have some new tricks that they didn't have in last edition as well.

Also, the Gigginox = least favorite monster to fight in any version of the game.

How far has everyone gotten in the single player mode?  I have finished most of the 4 star missions and am working on the 5 star missions.  Tonight I gotta try and catch a Lagiacrus, it should be big fun.

Offline Bees McGee

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2010, 12:07:51 pm »
yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh im almost done with three star quests, but SSF4 has kept me occupied a lot lately, plus finals

Also, the Gigginox = least favorite monster to fight in any version of the game.

sad face

i liked its armor

Offline cravix

• OKgamers Supporters
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2010, 01:40:04 pm »
I am mix and match but i am thinking about creating a wholoe set of Great Jaggi Armor

Offline mjobrien10

• OKgamers Supporters
  • Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2010, 01:45:53 pm »
The great jaggi armor is not bad at all, and, except for the helmet, it looks pretty cool.  I used it until I was able to get the barroth armor (which is what I am still using as I slowly make my lagiacrus armor).  One of the meanest looking sets is the Gobul (giant catfish/baitfish/pufferfish thing) stuff...absolutely wicked, I'll be making a set once I finish my lagiacrus set.

Offline cravix

• OKgamers Supporters
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2010, 01:31:37 am »
So i got full jaggi armor and ludroth lance. I think i am going to work on armor upgrades and to get the 3 stars out of the way.