Author Topic: Permanent Tournament For Oklahoma  (Read 9825 times)

Offline 2AMPd

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: AMP zyx
Re: Permanent Tournament For Oklahoma
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2010, 10:49:43 pm »
I appreciate the comments and all but can we please get back on track of topic. I am 100% serious about starting this up but I am afriad if I do the turn out might not be enough to keep it running. If you think its a good idea please tell or even if you have any ideas that may help in its success. Go on and message. If I get enough replies that make me think that it will be a success and draw a big enough crowd then it will start this summer.
Well first, do you mind telling us a little about yourself? About what you currently do, age, what and how would you get this done...?

www.twitter.com.com/OK_Updates

I'mma be what I set out to be, without a doubt undoubtedly And all those who look down on me I'm tearing down your balcony

Offline NOV3D

• Business Owner
  • Startin' Out
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2010, 11:38:19 pm »
I appreciate the comments and all but can we please get back on track of topic. I am 100% serious about starting this up but I am afriad if I do the turn out might not be enough to keep it running. If you think its a good idea please tell or even if you have any ideas that may help in its success. Go on and message. If I get enough replies that make me think that it will be a success and draw a big enough crowd then it will start this summer.
Well first, do you mind telling us a little about yourself? About what you currently do, age, what and how would you get this done...?
I dont know how knowing about me will help but i guess it cant hurt. My Name is Devon D. Sandoval I was born and raised in Buffalo, New York. Im 17 years old but have been playing video games since I was 2 though i did not beat my first game intell I was 4. Incase anyone wanted to know the game was the first sonic. I am a very competitive gamer and wish for tournaments to be near by. So that i do not have to travel across country just for a single MLG tournament. Waste of gas most of the time and also drains the wallet. So I talk to my uncle who has some connections in getting good deals on 360s and flat screen TVs and we came up with the idea to just finally start are own tournament. He has the connections and I have the plan but he does not want to start inless he knows for sure that people will come.

Offline AfroTastic

• OKgamers Supporters
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2010, 08:28:55 am »
Agreed Bees.  #1 reason why I don't play FPS on console.  Except for LFD2, i still struggle with trying to find decent groups.  Can anyone tell me when the trash-talkers, teabaggers, and 13 year-olds took over online multiplayer?  It used to be fun...

I blame halo...

Blame Halo 2 that when they took over.

Offline SeenNotScene

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2010, 11:37:17 am »
13 year olds never took over gaming.

Yes, they're are an increased ammount of younger people playing. But that's why there's an amazing thing called friends lists and the mute button. They work wonders.

do consoles have mic spammers?

they play music or some terrible fan fiction consistently
Mute Button? Unless I'm not following you...

You're missing the point.  I don't know about you but I play online mulitplayer to work as a team.  Muting the trashtalkers is fine for you, but typically they arent even very good players and a team with zero communication only wins against noobs. Again, don't know about you, but that doesn't spell out fun to me.

Offline SeenNotScene

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2010, 11:38:18 am »
As for the tournament, if you can produce a turnout, I'd be happy to help you with it, as long as the location isn't too far from edmond/OKC

Offline NOV3D

• Business Owner
  • Startin' Out
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2010, 04:38:46 pm »
Is tulsa to far away for you?

Offline 2AMPd

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: AMP zyx
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2010, 05:30:31 pm »
Tulsa is perfect haha

www.twitter.com.com/OK_Updates

I'mma be what I set out to be, without a doubt undoubtedly And all those who look down on me I'm tearing down your balcony

Offline X_A

• X A - Lead OKGamer Evangelist
  • Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • http://okgamers.com
  • SEN ID: XianghuaALPHA
  • XBL ID: XianghuaALPHA
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2010, 03:24:19 pm »
I dont know how knowing about me will help but i guess it cant hurt. My Name is Devon D. Sandoval I was born and raised in Buffalo, New York. Im 17 years old but have been playing video games since I was 2 though i did not beat my first game intell I was 4. Incase anyone wanted to know the game was the first sonic. I am a very competitive gamer and wish for tournaments to be near by. So that i do not have to travel across country just for a single MLG tournament. Waste of gas most of the time and also drains the wallet. So I talk to my uncle who has some connections in getting good deals on 360s and flat screen TVs and we came up with the idea to just finally start are own tournament. He has the connections and I have the plan but he does not want to start inless he knows for sure that people will come.

First off, welcome to the site.

Second off, please forgive any ill responses you've got - as they are just being 'typical' online forum goers lol.  However, you must also grant them some point - OKgamers has been around for over 4 years, and you've evidently not only ignored our 3+ years of Tournament Aftermath as proof things have happened, but also the current Tournament and Events forum :)

Third - as for any business, tournament series, etc - if you'd like some level headed consulting and more of an insight into the area you've moved to, please PM me so we can sit down.  There are few more in touch with gaming in the Oklahoma area than OKgamers TO's, and specifically as both a current business consultant already, and active TO for Tulsa for the last 4+ years, I can offer insight to your Uncle and you that could save you a lot of time, and money.

X A

Oklahoma doesn't have to "suck"
OKGamers.com - spread the word. 
OKgamers.com - our goals

New to the site?  Welcome to OKgamers.com!  Let us know how you found us!

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
  • Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
  • XBL ID: aXs Skorcher
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2010, 03:48:21 pm »
Well thats whats up... hope you are serious.. I get about 5 guys monthly talking about how they wanna do game tournaments etc and never do it... they do one or two. Sometimes just do one for money and split.. X_A is the guy that will point you in the right direction in Tulsa and OKGamers is the best community in oklahoma so thats whats up
"Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers"
HxC LAN Center

Offline NOV3D

• Business Owner
  • Startin' Out
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2010, 03:49:33 pm »
Thx, for the offer and if you dont mind me asking what type of background experience do you have in the gaming industry
because we may be looking for a small amount of help though we already have most of it planned out?
Also I would like to say that the location we will probably be going with is at I-44 & Yale Ave Tulsa, Ok and the tournament starting date we were aiming for around July, 10.

X_A my uncle was wondering if you had a number he could reach you at to discuss the tournament further?
« Last Edit: April 24, 2010, 03:57:11 pm by NOV3D »

Offline LONEWOLF2021

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2010, 02:53:22 pm »
 If that's the same place gridcon was located ( personal fav and one of top LAN centers) worked out really well and usually a good size turnout they had several tourneys a month and lasted about a year or so really good memories hope u can show em up.  ;D
THE CLOWN IS IN TOWN.

Offline X_A

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2010, 05:17:43 pm »

NOV3D - since you said the exact same thing in PM, I responded there.  However I sent that last week, I'll assume you've either become busy and will contact me later, or this was a passing whim, and will disregard :)  If you still are wanting to sit down, let me know so I can schedule.

X A

OKgamers.com - our goals

Offline NOV3D

• Business Owner
  • Startin' Out
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2010, 05:53:12 pm »
Me and my uncle just got done having a meeting with X_A
and all I can tell you Okgamers out there is if this tournament lifts off all credit goes to him.
Thx X_A.

Offline X_A

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2010, 04:46:16 pm »

Hah, oh no, you'll have PLENTY of work to take credit for :)

Anyway, good sitting down with you - hope the advice works out well, and you've got a solid event come July!  After a few months of events OKg will be better off to help you come September!

X A

OKgamers.com - our goals

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
  • Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
  • XBL ID: aXs Skorcher
« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2010, 07:07:57 am »
Me and my uncle just got done having a meeting with X_A
and all I can tell you Okgamers out there is if this tournament lifts off all credit goes to him.
Thx X_A.
Good stuff. We posted our dates for our events and also okgamers events are you guys going to be able to schedule around that? So gamers can go to all local events?
"Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers"
HxC LAN Center