Author Topic: Tulsa - 3rd Annual TCC Metro Tournament by OKgamer's - WHAT GAMES?  (Read 22111 times)

Offline LONEWOLF2021

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
Re: Tulsa - 3rd Annual TCC Metro Tournament by OKgamer's - WHAT GAMES?
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2010, 06:23:06 am »
I vote mvc3 on the 360 lol couldnt we just have like halo 1st like 2v2s and when the brackets get smaller deidcate systems to ssf4 or mvc3?!?!?! or even vise versa because the tourneys for mvc3 and ssf4 will probably be smaller than halo
THE CLOWN IS IN TOWN.

Offline Animefreak6969

• OKgamer fo' life
  • YUM!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2010, 12:23:18 pm »
only in Oklahoma

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
  • Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
  • XBL ID: aXs Skorcher
« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2010, 03:38:34 pm »
I vote mvc3 on the 360 lol couldnt we just have like halo 1st like 2v2s and when the brackets get smaller deidcate systems to ssf4 or mvc3?!?!?! or even vise versa because the tourneys for mvc3 and ssf4 will probably be smaller than halo

You guys come up with some disk "I MIGHT" be able to support some consoles. BYOC. 2v2s will occupy our other equipment throughout the duration of the event. Happens everytime.
"Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers"
HxC LAN Center

Offline D3AD

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: all my tags: D3ADL
« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2010, 04:20:32 pm »
I bet we could fit a 4v4 into however much time we have. I suggest either a 2v2 or 4v4 with an FFA to kick it off.

No trust me.... there will be absolutely no time to do a 4v4. MLG settings will not allow more then 4 teams to play ... by the time we get past the first round it will be time to shut down. Unless XA got TCC to let us game at a later time then last year?
haha idk what your talking about my team will only need about 5mins haha alright 2v2.. thats gonna blow bc we been doing nothing but team.. and to stop and practice for 2v2 is gonna set us back.. but it will be all good.. either way my team and crap ton of others will be there
Either be one of the best, or be dead like the rest

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2010, 05:36:13 pm »
I bet we could fit a 4v4 into however much time we have. I suggest either a 2v2 or 4v4 with an FFA to kick it off.

No trust me.... there will be absolutely no time to do a 4v4. MLG settings will not allow more then 4 teams to play ... by the time we get past the first round it will be time to shut down. Unless XA got TCC to let us game at a later time then last year?
haha idk what your talking about my team will only need about 5mins haha alright 2v2.. thats gonna blow bc we been doing nothing but team.. and to stop and practice for 2v2 is gonna set us back.. but it will be all good.. either way my team and crap ton of others will be there

Really? Thats good man!!!! Have you ever played against Wallshot, Dr Viper, Juggernaut, Walterr?
HxC LAN Center

Offline X_A

• X A - Lead OKGamer Evangelist
  • Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • http://okgamers.com
  • SEN ID: XianghuaALPHA
  • XBL ID: XianghuaALPHA
« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2010, 07:14:03 pm »

Halo:
Well, it's WAY EASIER to find A partner, than 3......

ARE WE OKAY WITH 2v2 THEN?  SPEAK NOW, cause we'll be setting it in stone soon...

Also, as soon as I know how much time we have, we'll discuss the FFA to 2v2(or 4v4) option.  At BEST - we'll not promise an FFA for this event, simply state if enough hardware shows up, we'll be able to do one.  If your not competing in the team match, I wouldn't show up sorta deal - as we will not guarantee an FFA...  Simply make it available if possible.

Time:
While I'm negotiating on times right now, YES we'll have more than LAST time for sure - as that was  fluke, etc, etc.

CLOWN - no, we cannot.  Look at this way, remember when you've seen people winning tournaments thrown by OKg, and we couldn't even get them to bring hardware?  We definitely cannot ask someone random, gamer wise, to bring hardware for one game, and STAY / let it be used for another.  It happens in rare cases, and of course volunteers / TO's like myself do it to help out - but no.  The average gamer won't care about another game, we work hard enough to get them to care about their own ;)

X A

Oklahoma doesn't have to "suck"
OKGamers.com - spread the word. 
OKgamers.com - our goals

New to the site?  Welcome to OKgamers.com!  Let us know how you found us!

Offline sheezy

• Familiar Face
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: SHEEZZYY
« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2010, 09:47:55 pm »
I suggest 2v2s. Everyone and their moms know that 2v2s run smoother and faster than 4v4s. Also more money for the winner team :) *cough* me and wally

Offline LONEWOLF2021

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 31, 2010, 01:13:16 am »
I would be more up to bring equipment if mine didnt get stolen last time ;(. I played a match we didnt have enough controllers i lent one to the console never saw it again. Somebody said they would mail the controller back to me but i never hearrd from them after i messaged them.
THE CLOWN IS IN TOWN.

Offline D3AD

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 31, 2010, 08:07:12 am »

Really? Thats good man!!!! Have you ever played against Wallshot, Dr Viper, Juggernaut, Walterr?
'
no i havnt but now that i know i will hit them up.. my team we dont get to play much untill like night like 11pm till 3 or 4 am haha.. but from what we have played online mlg we are flawless i would say around 50ish games.. there was one match..  against "2 pros" idk.. i didnt go into much research.. but it was ghost and another cant remb right now.. we lost by 2.. on countdown and the game was horrible lag and black screens..

X_A ya 2v2 thats what majority want.. um sheezy u played with me earlyier i was doing horrible.. like i said tho im taking a break from halo.. im playing way to much and becoming weaker.. but i wouldint undermind me and my double partner.. haha.. it will be in the finals i will say that haha.. =) then again.. idk what else this state has to offer..

also i have played against I Sneak I and AlmightyFreeze... if u dont know.. Sneak is #1 for reach GB freeze is #5 back when i played him.. think hes number 7 now.. anyways i played in a 2v2 tourney on GB.. unfortunately we were there first pic.. and we got raped.. but hey i dont feel bad they went on and beat Team Classic... Soldier One87 and Fear is sickkk.. haha.. well..

like i said i have one 360.. 3 copys of halo reach.. 2 wireless controllers.. soon to be 2 wired.. no tv or monitor tho..

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
« Reply #39 on: December 31, 2010, 09:35:58 am »
We are going to have 8 monitors and 8 xbox 360s at least 4 halo reachs. maybe 8. Now in stone 2v2 I calculated time no matter what... I dont think OKgamers should risk time consuming events. My opinion. 2v2 easier to get a teammate, quick games, Especially due to more slayer and less objective. We can do a FFA. We need 8 more xbox 360s 8 more monitors and 8 more reachs. My plan is we knock out winners and losers 3rd round and then we can do FFA. 15 minute games 8 man heats top 4 advanced. But like I said 8 full set ups would help. And please please bring your own controller.

@LONEWOLF OKgamers staff has a new updated version of keeping track of equipment. They used it at the TnT and I was impressed. Shoot I think my staff should start doing it. Matter of fact Saif?  ;)

Now I know we are using MLG Settings
HxC LAN Center

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
« Reply #40 on: December 31, 2010, 09:58:58 am »
Gametype: MLG Team Slayer v2.0

First Team to 25

Best of 3
Semi finals and finals best of 5

MLG Sanctuary v2.0, MLG Countdown v2.0, MLG Reflection v2.0, MLG Zealot v2.0

MLG Pro Uses Gamebattles settings, download here: http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileShare.aspx?player=GAMEBATTLES

HxC LAN Center

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
« Reply #41 on: December 31, 2010, 10:29:00 am »
One more thing the FFA would only take 1 hour 45 minutes.

15 minute games
Unlimited Score
On Zealot
Based on 32 players

MLG Rules and settings
HxC LAN Center

Offline Blake93

• OKgamers Supporters
  • Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 31, 2010, 11:21:22 am »
I suggest we do 4v4s. They are more fun and more realistic to MLG. And we can do the season thing with 4v4s, not 2v2s.

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
« Reply #43 on: December 31, 2010, 01:43:18 pm »
I suggest we do 4v4s. They are more fun and more realistic to MLG. And we can do the season thing with 4v4s, not 2v2s.

Think of this event as an MLG Combine. 4v4s will be on another thread and another topic. Its all about timing. Example lets say the registration for 4v4s started at 11:00 and ended at 1. Tournament starts at 2pm sharp. The correct gametypes would be slayer/objective/slayer Thats almost an Hour for 1 game. Plus No one has confirmed they are bring set ups other then you guys which is not enough. if 8 teams showed up for a double elimination it would not end till 10 or 11 at night "IF" teams brought their own setups. So if XA is down with that cool. All of HxC events ended at 12 midnight sometimes 2 with 12 plus teams. Championships in November ended 1 time at 11 because only 8 teams played.
HxC LAN Center

Offline D3AD

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 31, 2010, 02:59:46 pm »
just saying.. my friends all of them would bring there own set ups.. 4v4 i like better yes but if its 2v2 hey its cool.. and y dont u make the cut off time for sign ups shorter u know do it the day b4 and rly short morning.. idk what times the thing will b going on.. but ya.. and in 2v2 if that does happen u gotta throw some objective in there.. the game is still gonna be the same time length either way.. objective rly throws in a challenge.. 2slayers and 1 objective and that should be for same either 2v2 or 4v4.. also like u said we may not have a huge turn up for the 4v4 vs 2v2.. so 4v4s would be cut down and over quick vs having 50 2v2 teams.. (2 teams going with what equipment we have now) so rly 25 teams.. 30mins per team  thats 12hours.. plus!!! time to swich everyone.. (saying if games went to there max and or 3 games were played)
4v4 u may get 15 or so.. one team at a time.. yet 30mins to 45 thats still about 11 hours haha..