Author Topic: North OKC/South Edmond - Legend of the Five Rings LARP  (Read 3541 times)

Offline Zeure

• Startin' Out
    • View Profile
North OKC/South Edmond - Legend of the Five Rings LARP
« on: August 13, 2011, 12:14:31 am »
Hello.  I have just moved to the area from Stillwater, (finished my degree) and am looking to start up a L5R LARP.  I thought I would post on here to get an idea if anyone knows people who would be interested.  I haven't decided on a definite location yet and am open to suggestions.  I'm putting together a teaser for the game that I will post after I have finished it.  Ideally this will be a 30+ person LARP. 

So, please, tell me your thoughts on this.  Please let me know if you or anyone you know would be interested.

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
  • Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
  • XBL ID: aXs Skorcher
Re: North OKC/South Edmond - Legend of the Five Rings LARP
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2011, 07:56:13 am »
There is alot guys interested just gotta keep a hold of them. If you have facebook like the okgamers page. it will helpyou alot
"Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers"
HxC LAN Center

Offline Zeure

• Startin' Out
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2011, 12:18:19 pm »
I do have a facebook, but I didn't want to integrate it into okgamers.  The forum can look me up on there, I'm "Dustin Lindsay".  Also there is an active L5R group on there for Central America it's called the "Imperial Court"  Thats where I've been posting and talking about it.  It's an open group, so you can see what it's about and it's just a simple request to join.  I've been talking about running a unicorn centric city.  I think too often the unicorn have to be visitors to the "regular courts" and that it might be nice to run a home field advantage for them.

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
  • Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
  • XBL ID: aXs Skorcher
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2011, 11:18:57 am »
I do have a facebook, but I didn't want to integrate it into okgamers.  The forum can look me up on there, I'm "Dustin Lindsay".  Also there is an active L5R group on there for Central America it's called the "Imperial Court"  Thats where I've been posting and talking about it.  It's an open group, so you can see what it's about and it's just a simple request to join.  I've been talking about running a unicorn centric city.  I think too often the unicorn have to be visitors to the "regular courts" and that it might be nice to run a home field advantage for them.

Well.. are you looking for locals to join?
"Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers"
HxC LAN Center

Offline Zeure

• Startin' Out
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2011, 06:20:36 pm »
Haha, it never crossed my mind that what I was posting wasn't an open invitation.  Yes, I want locals to join.  The system we will use will be 4th ed with some slight modifications and houserules.  Base character creation as per the book.  I will award 5 extra xp for backstory and I'll also give 15 extra xp if you are an imperial assembly member (which is the official club for card game).  It'll still be a month or so before I'll be fully ready, but that's great for people to make characters and write those backstories.

You can email all submissions to DustinTheST(at)gmail(dot)com.

I'm very excited about this, I'm almost done with the teaser that I promised, though I'm still looking for a good location. 

Offline Zeure

• Startin' Out
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2011, 10:55:44 am »
Here's the teaser I've promised:

Deep within the forests of the Shinomen, lies the ancient race known as the Naga.  In times past they have risen and fought the great evils that have threatened all known civilization.  Now is the time of the emerald empire and the Naga sleep.  They have appointed a guardianship over there home and sleeping bodies to the Unicorn Clan.  To the north of the Shinomen lies an immense tower known as the Shinomen Tower, which the Unicorn have been given control over to watch the Shinomen forest and the Naga.  From the Emperor they have been tasked with exploring the Shinomen, as it’s depths have never been plumbed to any great success given it’s mystical properties and the creatures that inhabit it.  But great treasures await in the Shinomen, and great glory awaits for those who find them.  You are one of the samurai that have been stationed at the Unicorn stronghold of Shinomen Tower.  You are one of the samurai that can gain this glory and this treasure.  Will you join this adventure?  Will you find this treasure?