Author Topic: Tulsa - OKg:6th Anni - SC5, CoDMW3, UMvC, SSF, GoW3, STARCRAFT 2 & MORE! - 2/25/12  (Read 57429 times)

Offline compy286

• Familiar Face
  • "By the numbers, boys."
    • View Profile
2 - "Challonge or TIO" - I actually am in the process of looking for a browser based solution for all future events.  TIO - crashes, and unless the NVGA will finally respond to my requests for an updated version, we are moving on.   Challonge "could lead to too much cost" based on what our staff member who was tasked months ago to review it...  We are going to revisit it as a solution as well as Zeek / z33k / the SC2 solution.

Overall Challonge seems like a great option as long as you have internet access (which is the main reason we haven't used it at G-FLO -- venue doesn't have public internet access).

Bro you have a android bounce the internet off your 4g phone.... its free. Ill show you at next months event if you guys host it.

Yep.  No matter where if you have an android phone you got internet ...  Just need to be shown how to use the tether for free.. Super easy.

But it does look like Im really leaning towards http://binarybeast.com/   But I will revisit Challonge ...  But last time I tested them out they where really lacking in alot of areas.

I really like the way Binary Beast looks. We should compare features from each, and advantages or disadvantages of using each system
Tulsa BarCraft - facebook.com/tulsabarcraft
Twitter - @BarCraftOK
Reddit - reddit.com/r/barcraftOK

Offline SmokeMaxX

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
2 - "Challonge or TIO" - I actually am in the process of looking for a browser based solution for all future events.  TIO - crashes, and unless the NVGA will finally respond to my requests for an updated version, we are moving on.   Challonge "could lead to too much cost" based on what our staff member who was tasked months ago to review it...  We are going to revisit it as a solution as well as Zeek / z33k / the SC2 solution.
One downside of Challonge is that you can't label a match as "in progress" so it can get confusing about who already started playing. Also it doesn't allow you to do specialized seeding other than random or manual (i.e., it doesn't support location based seeding).
What we'll probably do for ARK V is use Tio to seed and then input into Challonge manually.

Offline drumist

• learned the ropes
    • View Profile
Bro you have a android bounce the internet off your 4g phone.... its free. Ill show you at next months event if you guys host it.

Yes, I know how to do it. I used tethering to download an update patch on one of the consoles at the last G-FLO tournament because it wasn't patched to the latest version.

But I don't like to leave my tethering on because my battery can't handle it for very long and I don't want to have to keep it on the charger. Actually I'm planning to upgrade my phone soon.
The Gentlemen's Fighting League of Oklahoma (G-FLO)

Offline Camp of bo0ty

• Startin' Out
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: camp of bo0ty
the prestige set up that we have on flash drives isn't a glitch its a program made because of the LAN problem it doesn't effect on-line play nor can anyone get banned from xbox live or anywhere else for the use of it.. i got on xboxlive.com and talked to a tech to make sure the program is a non bannable item and he said that unlocking all the items in a private non internet based game offline for the purpose of lanning an event is unbanable and meets no requirement for ban unless it changes copyrights.. witch it does not... im going to try to contact the makes of mw3 and see if they have any info on an update that we may be able to get for the LAN players...

Your flash is not the one i'm talking about. We played on yours. @onezerotwo is his twitter name I believe. I'm talking about the glitched 20th prestige flash drive.
are you aware that im almost positive that oneshot paid them to use our flash drives that were 20th prestige.

Offline rev

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
less whining about a medium-paced console shooter with assisted-aim and more about posting results, especially of the fighting games.   the world wants to know what happened at what event.

Offline Jesus

• Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
less whining about a medium-paced console shooter with assisted-aim and more about posting results, especially of the fighting games.   the world wants to know what happened at what event.
Not sure about other games

SC5
1st: Animefreak(Tulsa)
2nd: Stuntmidget(Tulsa)
3rd: WhoDat(Wichita)

Some of the matches can be found http://www.youtube.com/user/darrengmz?feature=mhee

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
  • Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
  • XBL ID: aXs Skorcher
the prestige set up that we have on flash drives isn't a glitch its a program made because of the LAN problem it doesn't effect on-line play nor can anyone get banned from xbox live or anywhere else for the use of it.. i got on xboxlive.com and talked to a tech to make sure the program is a non bannable item and he said that unlocking all the items in a private non internet based game offline for the purpose of lanning an event is unbanable and meets no requirement for ban unless it changes copyrights.. witch it does not... im going to try to contact the makes of mw3 and see if they have any info on an update that we may be able to get for the LAN players...

Your flash is not the one i'm talking about. We played on yours. @onezerotwo is his twitter name I believe. I'm talking about the glitched 20th prestige flash drive.
are you aware that im almost positive that oneshot paid them to use our flash drives that were 20th prestige.

Nope didn't know that.. its ok its over.. Lets move forward got more events to do. In March Online MW3 4v4 Qualifier. This will be used to rank teams in Aprils 4v4 LAN.
"Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers"
HxC LAN Center

Offline Cyriacks

• Familiar Face
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: Cyriacks

Nope didn't know that.. its ok its over.. Lets move forward got more events to do. In March Online MW3 4v4 Qualifier. This will be used to rank teams in Aprils 4v4 LAN.

Wait so theres going to be no mw3 lans in march? Not even like a 2v2 ?????????????????
GT: Cyriacks

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
move forward got more events to do. In March Online MW3 4v4 Qualifier. This will be used to rank teams in Aprils 4v4 LAN.

Wait so theres going to be no mw3 lans in march? Not even like a 2v2 ?????????????????
[/quote]

No it will be online.. We need two months to promote. So get a team of 4 and get ready for the 4v4 online
HxC LAN Center

Offline HoosaBubble

• Startin' Out
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: HoosaBubble
move forward got more events to do. In March Online MW3 4v4 Qualifier. This will be used to rank teams in Aprils 4v4 LAN.

No it will be online.. We need two months to promote. So get a team of 4 and get ready for the 4v4 online
[/quote]

Will the 4v4 be various gametypes or a specific gametype?

Offline SKINTICKET

• Startin' Out
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: OoSK1NT1CKEToO
MLG has went pretty much search and destroy for 4v4 so thats what im guessing can you shed any light on this ricky you know me and icy are in.

Offline Cody_Phillips

• Familiar Face
    • View Profile
  • SEN ID: Braumski
  • XBL ID: Braumski
I regret not going to this tournament. Sorry I've been inactive on this website recently but I havent found anybody to play MW3 GB with on this website :/. But if anybody needs a 4th for a LAN team pleaase contact me on xbox or on this website and send me a message and we can run scrims together. TYVM
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 02:13:29 am by Cody_Phillips »

Offline Cody_Phillips

• Familiar Face
    • View Profile
  • SEN ID: Braumski
  • XBL ID: Braumski
Looking for a MW3 partner, been busy at work lately so haven't played much. Gettin back into it though, add me to play 'Mozaaik'. Looking for someone fun and plays to win, but if not I won't be mad lol.
We need to play doubles scrims on xbox. Add me on xbox

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
I regret not going to this tournament. Sorry I've been inactive on this website recently but I havent found anybody to play MW3 GB with on this website :/. But if anybody needs a 4th for a LAN team pleaase contact me on xbox or on this website and send me a message and we can run scrims together. TYVM

Thats what the online event is for... teams finding free agents and free agents finding teams.
HxC LAN Center

Offline dllimited

• Business Owner
  • learned the ropes
    • View Profile
no results yet? :(