Author Topic: Tulsa/Jenks - Monthly Tournament -5/13/07 - Vote for Games here!  (Read 2630 times)

Offline X_A

• X A - Lead OKGamer Evangelist
  • Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • http://okgamers.com
  • SEN ID: XianghuaALPHA
  • XBL ID: XianghuaALPHA
Actual Tournament thread Here.  Read that thread thoroughly before asking questions please.
--

How this works -
We throw a monthly event to get the word out about OKgamers.com - in the process we allow the gamers themselves determine what we host a tournament for: by voting, and providing the hardware to play the games they vote in.  Please don't vote for something you wouldn't want to play in. 

If you don't vote - you don't get to whine.

2 votes - for 2 different games.  DO NOT vote for the same game, different format [like 2v2 and 4v4 in Halo].  However yes, you can vote for same series, different version - like SSBM and SSB64.

You have 21 days to vote - GET TO VOTING! 

As usual, we will do our best to have the top 2 or more games at the next monthly tournament.  This depends on you the gamers voting them in, and letting us know how much hardware will be there through the pre-registration offered after voting ends.

Why 2, and not 3?  Third game is our swing vote game.

--
Guitar Hero 2 and Madden are not an option this month due to the upcoming local tournaments.  No need to compete ;)  Same thing for Magic, and WoW the card game, see tournament forums.
--

Halo - is practically a given.  We'll take the top voted for format and go with it.  However, nothing is assured though, and as usual any game with the most votes, or at least close to 10 votes will get in. 

Not on the list?  Three requests for a game not listed will get it added to the poll.  [**Why would a game not be listed?  We haven't seen / thrown a tournament for it.  If you can get the neccessary hardware between you and those you know to pull it off?  We'll happily run it as a addition tournament to our best abilities.  Computer games / popular games on new consoles falls under this - 'pulling it off' would require AT LEAST 3 to 4 consoles, and at least 2 to 3 full sets of controllers for example.**]

How many votes do you need for a game to win?  The top 2 need to have at least 10 votes or a clear interest and turnout at a previous tournament - any less would put the need for a tournament for that game into question.  We don't want to waste a spot on a game that won't have anyone show up to play it.  Also, for a new game / game we haven't played at a monthly before, we REQUIRE 2 to 3 setups [game/console/controllers/tv] assured to be there.

What if there's a TIE?!  Then we'll let pre-registration hardware pledges determine what gets played.  So, if game A and B tie, and there are 2 setups for game A promised to be brought, and 3 setups for game B promised by the time pre-registration closes?  We'll play game B.  In that event, simply check the tournament thread after the registration closes to see what is played.  If people promise hardware and don't show up with it?  The game may be temporarily banned from monthly voting - we won't throw events and then not have the hardware to satisify people coming.

NO SPECIAL TREATMENT is given to the games we vote on.  You want to play a game?  You get it on the poll by requesting it, having you and your friends that play it vote for it, then if asked, helping to provide the neccessary hardware to run a tournament.  Pure and simple. 

WHY would a game get played even though it wasn't voted for?  We had the hardware, space and manpower to run it beyond the 3 game slots we offer.  For example Initial D could be an option, because it'll be sponsored / ran by a local club, and the game is at the venue we have the Monthly tournaments at.  Soul Calibur - is a favorite of the Funhouse staff and owner.

**Remember - with trying to get a 'new' game into the circle, aka a game we've not played at a monthly event, be prepared to bring your hardware, as it's a real concern.  We ask for at least 2 or 3 setups [game/console/controllers/tv] to be provided with a game, so that a tournament can be ran smoothly.  With games we've played it's usually not a problem, but it's important to note, we rely on the goodwill of gamers locally to provide the hardware for the games they want to play - we just provide a venue and structure to the event, all in a effort to let people know OKgamers.com exists, to use it, and to tell others so we get outta the event stone age, and use the internet to know about local events.  Aka, we don't have all the hardware to support all these game types - if you get something new voted in - be prepared for the rules to state you need to bring a setup! 

X A

Oklahoma doesn't have to "suck"
OKGamers.com - spread the word. 
OKgamers.com - our goals

New to the site?  Welcome to OKgamers.com!  Let us know how you found us!

Ballad

Re: Tulsa/Jenks - Monthly Tournament -5/13/07 - Vote for Games here!
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2007, 08:18:42 am »
I vote Naruto Clash of Ninja 2 & Mario Kart DS... yes, I know it'll never happen unless I host it myself, but a guy can dream...

Pwnzerfaust

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2007, 10:09:26 am »
Hmm, yeah I just read the thing a/b not voting for the same game twice...I voted for 4v4 and FFA...

So I guess my new vote is Halo 2 4v4...and Saint's Row...

Offline Pr1m0

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2007, 11:50:32 pm »
god no one vote for the 4v4 its gonna start that no one is gonna show up :/

2v2 and ffa!

Coolsvilla

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2007, 12:16:55 pm »
DoA 4