Author Topic: New Tourney in the Tulsa area (N64,GCN,XBox, and the 360)  (Read 7478 times)

The_gamers_Messiah360

New Tourney in the Tulsa area (N64,GCN,XBox, and the 360)
« on: June 20, 2006, 01:43:33 pm »
Alright, so i'm willing to set up a Console Tourney in July if there are enough ppl that are willing to compete. I would be able to set up an N64, GCN, XBox, and Xbox 360. It would be a bring your own controller and I might ask for help in bringing a few games or something. I'm looking at a smash bros tourney for both the N64 and GCN, Maybe some Halo and Halo 2 for the Xbox, and a madden and fight night for the 360. Of course, I'm gonna need some support staff for this event. I hope to negotiate with the new Jenks/Glenpool Community center to see it they'd allow us a room for all this.

Offline Pinkie

• OKgamers Supporters
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2006, 04:10:05 pm »
I talked to some employees there when I went and they said they would be getting consoles and stuff themselves so they should go along with it. Big plus is that's only 2 miles from my house. Any tourny your willing to have I'm good with. Remember though if it's a tournament there should be some kind of prize or something otherwise just call it a LAN. I'm game for anything.

The_gamers_Messiah360

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2006, 04:16:27 pm »
There was a planned prize. i was hoping for a $5 or $10 dollar entry fee that we could use for cash prizes for competitions.

Offline X_A

• X A - Lead OKGamer Evangelist
  • Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • http://okgamers.com
  • SEN ID: XianghuaALPHA
  • XBL ID: XianghuaALPHA
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2006, 06:07:11 pm »
Hey, sounds great!  While I was planning on trying to do a Smash64 tournament in July, it's looking less and less likely heh.  However, my friends would love to attend, I'm sure of that!  We've got several hardcore players, so unless there's a schedule conflict or such, you should be good.

Also, if you are planning on producing flyers [ which I suggest, you can get usually 500 black and white letter sized pages for around 30$, make the flyer half the page and you get 1000 ] I can see if Funhouse will put the flyers up there.  Can't make any guarantee's - but I can find out for you.  Also, I'm going to update the list of places I've been able to put flyers in the read me.

X A
Oklahoma doesn't have to "suck"
OKGamers.com - spread the word. 
OKgamers.com - our goals

New to the site?  Welcome to OKgamers.com!  Let us know how you found us!

The_gamers_Messiah360

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2006, 08:32:54 am »
Hey, thanks man. By the way, I've talked to the some of the head staff at the Community Center and they said that a tourney like that shouldn't be a problem. They are going to have a meeting soon where they will discuss the center's room schedules (for stuff like their programs and business meetings), but if we were to do a 1 day thing for at least a couple hours, the staff member said that shouldn't be a problem. At least a little bit of good news to brighten the day.

Offline ICBALLS

• OKgamer Evangelist
  • Stoned As We Play
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2006, 12:32:04 am »
i will go if there will be Halo 2

DoH

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2006, 09:50:14 pm »
Any Super Smash Bros. Melee going on?

Offline Hollywood

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
    • MySpace
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2006, 08:29:24 am »
Depending on game (I may be down), I'd probably be happy to assist in the support if needed.
The charming, cunning, and oh so good looking...
O_-  Hollywood  -_O

Looking to improve on Modern Warfare Duece!
Gamertag = iDubya

Offline Zinth

• Familiar Face
  • Dancing Mad
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2006, 01:51:00 pm »
Quote from: DoH
Are you DaRkNeSsOfHeArT from Smashboards? If so, I'm Omega_Star from Smashboards.

If you guys have got SSBM going on for this tournament, I've got a crew of Smashers from OKC, Edmond, and Norman that could probably make it.

Also, we're having a SSBM tournament here on the 22nd of July... anyone interested?
*_.-:[Zinth]:-._*

Offline Alexander Cerda

• learned the ropes
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2006, 02:03:08 pm »
yes, this is Reno_ from smashboards, and i plan on attending this event if it goes down XD. i'll try and get Scud(other normanite) to come, too. we're having an STD friday(smash 'til dawn, that is...)

darknessofheart? i recognize that name as someone who made it to the pros bracket at MLG dallas...with taj, forward, king, zelgadis, killaOR, and others.

anyone here into smash melee should sign up at smashboards.com, and i'll try to get the people from smashboards.com from OK to sign up here :)
Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
In Soviet Russia
Poem writes you

DoH

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2006, 04:48:53 pm »
Yeah, that's me. Dallas is thinking about coming up to the Norman thing on the 22nd - is there any topic with rules or anything?

Oh, and MM?

Forte

« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2006, 09:53:28 pm »
Quote from: Zinth
Quote from: DoH
Are you DaRkNeSsOfHeArT from Smashboards? If so, I'm Omega_Star from Smashboards.

If you guys have got SSBM going on for this tournament, I've got a crew of Smashers from OKC, Edmond, and Norman that could probably make it.

Also, we're having a SSBM tournament here on the 22nd of July... anyone interested?
Could you give me some more info on this tournament?  We don't have a PM system do we?  If so just PM the information to me, but I didn't see anything like that.  So my questions are when, where, any entry fees, prizes.  I am interested in this tournament, but I just need some more information about it.  Thanks alot.

Offline X_A

• X A - Lead OKGamer Evangelist
  • Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • http://okgamers.com
  • SEN ID: XianghuaALPHA
  • XBL ID: XianghuaALPHA
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2006, 03:27:01 pm »
re PM system - yeaaa sorry this forum software is to be changed out eventually - gotta beg my programming partner to help me on that- eventually - sigh... lol

X A
Oklahoma doesn't have to "suck"
OKGamers.com - spread the word. 
OKgamers.com - our goals

New to the site?  Welcome to OKgamers.com!  Let us know how you found us!

Offline Zinth

• Familiar Face
  • Dancing Mad
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2006, 10:36:48 pm »
Forte- Glad you're interested. I'll give you a link to the thread on Smashboards that has all the info you need to know: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=78688
*_.-:[Zinth]:-._*

Forte

« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2006, 10:59:39 pm »
Quote from: Zinth
Forte- Glad you're interested. I'll give you a link to the thread on Smashboards that has all the info you need to know: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=78688
Shoot!  Since you had to reschedule I won't be able to make it.  Me and a friend were going to do teams.  But if you do another one anytime please let me know.  Hopefully it'll be around the Chickasha area.  Really wish I coulda gone though.