Author Topic: NEED MORE GATHERINGS  (Read 9519 times)

Offline Animefreak6969

• OKgamer fo' life
  • YUM!
    • View Profile
Re: NEED MORE GATHERINGS
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2010, 05:51:26 am »
Just saw this thread and thought I would chime in.  I am the owner and founder of the Stay Salty Series here in OKC.  The Stay Salty Series is designed to bring the Street Fighter community together to level up the scene.  At the last event we did have Blazblue but unfortunately due to lack of interest and entrants it will not be on the list again for the foreseeable future.

At this time the Stay Salty Series will only be focusing on Super Street Fighter IV.  I do allow casuals to go on during the events.  If you'd like to bring a set up to play any fighting game you will need to bring a setup.  Please let me know via PM if you'd like to bring a setup at the next Stay Salty Series event.

I have not scheduled the next event but will post it up once I have the details.

If you'd like me to hold a tournament for your game of choice let me know.  I am willing to run the brackets but there must be interest in the game in order for me to put it on.

Thanks,

Scott
Live Free, Stay Salty

Still think you're going to wrong direction, i know that you only play SF, no other game period but you should make it open to all fighter all the time, the more it's open the more will come.

Offline rev

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2010, 10:33:37 pm »
no tim.. YOU are going the wrong direction with this =P

Offline onedirtylei

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2010, 11:33:32 pm »
A case of directional dyslexia perhaps.  ::)
"ODLei"

Offline Michael Jackson

• OKgamer Evangelist
  • PSN ID: Paxmo
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2010, 04:07:09 pm »
NO U

(tim)

Offline Animefreak6969

• OKgamer fo' life
  • YUM!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2010, 07:33:55 pm »
Shut up all you Koreans and Caucasians

Offline X_A

• X A - Lead OKGamer Evangelist
  • Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • http://okgamers.com
  • SEN ID: XianghuaALPHA
  • XBL ID: XianghuaALPHA
« Reply #35 on: November 05, 2010, 12:25:30 pm »
Just saw this thread and thought I would chime in.  I am the owner and founder of the Stay Salty Series here in OKC.  The Stay Salty Series is designed to bring the Street Fighter community together to level up the scene.  At the last event we did have Blazblue but unfortunately due to lack of interest and entrants it will not be on the list again for the foreseeable future.

At this time the Stay Salty Series will only be focusing on Super Street Fighter IV.  I do allow casuals to go on during the events.  If you'd like to bring a set up to play any fighting game you will need to bring a setup.  Please let me know via PM if you'd like to bring a setup at the next Stay Salty Series event.

I have not scheduled the next event but will post it up once I have the details.

If you'd like me to hold a tournament for your game of choice let me know.  I am willing to run the brackets but there must be interest in the game in order for me to put it on.

Thanks,

Scott
Live Free, Stay Salty

Still think you're going to wrong direction, i know that you only play SF, no other game period but you should make it open to all fighter all the time, the more it's open the more will come.

He's just said he'd make room for other fighters - that sounds like a good idea.

If BB is dead - it's dead Tim, sorry -_-;;

But - fighters - SHOULD STICK TOGETHER.  We know we are a smaller crowd, and often recruit from within / play multiple games...  We should use that to our advantage.

I'd think Tekken would be the next logical game to work with?  If you want to try Soul Calibur - I'll do what I can to support.

X A

Oklahoma doesn't have to "suck"
OKGamers.com - spread the word. 
OKgamers.com - our goals

New to the site?  Welcome to OKgamers.com!  Let us know how you found us!

Offline Michael Jackson

• OKgamer Evangelist
  • PSN ID: Paxmo
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 05, 2010, 05:04:14 pm »
NO U

(saif)

Offline Solidus

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
  • SEN ID: SolidusSpriggan
« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2010, 11:19:17 am »
Were going to start doing Prof+Amateur state smash power rankings every month. Were going to try and do it in season format, if you guys want to come down and participate that would be great, of course friendlies, or minitournaments in other games would be welcome.

Offline X_A

• X A - Lead OKGamer Evangelist
  • Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • http://okgamers.com
  • SEN ID: XianghuaALPHA
  • XBL ID: XianghuaALPHA
« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2010, 05:44:31 pm »
Were going to start doing Prof+Amateur state smash power rankings every month. Were going to try and do it in season format, if you guys want to come down and participate that would be great, of course friendlies, or minitournaments in other games would be welcome.

Make sure you keep your events posted in the Tournaments forums, and we'll do our best to not only show up, but of course spread the word!

X A

Oklahoma doesn't have to "suck"
OKGamers.com - spread the word. 
OKgamers.com - our goals

New to the site?  Welcome to OKgamers.com!  Let us know how you found us!

Offline Solidus

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
  • SEN ID: SolidusSpriggan
« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2010, 01:54:16 am »
Most definitely. You can expect the old Melee scene kids to be there Kos Mos is supposed to be in full Melee effect now that he's got alot of Melty Blood under his belt.
If there is enough interest we could also be doing Brawl...Sars Pirate and I are working out the details over the next couple of weeks.