Author Topic: Tulsa/OK Gamers interested in SWTOR?  (Read 9670 times)

Offline KPants

• learned the ropes
    • View Profile
    • Versus: A SWTOR guild
Re: Tulsa/OK Gamers interested in SWTOR?
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2011, 07:52:21 am »
I'd also like to invite anyone who's interested to watch the TOROcast Stream as well as my own on Twitch.TV. TOROcast generally has a stream going up fairly often, my own I only do during my free time (late night Sunday/Monday, and 7pm-9pm CST otherwise, normally). TOROcast generally throws a whole slew of random things they show, I've merely been playing a Smuggler (Scoundrel advanced class) as far as I can. We both use mics, and there's chat to ask any questions you'd like about the game or what you see.

TOROcast: http://www.twitch.tv/TOROcast
My Own: http://www.twitch.tv/Aedict

Offline KPants

• learned the ropes
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2011, 07:31:50 am »
Looks like the Oklahomies guild won't be making it due to lack of preorders (for whatever reason), so if you'd like to pull a merger and join into Versus, we'd be more than happy to accept you =).

Greetings, good to see other Okies planning to play SW:TOR. I am a member of Animosity, we are going Dark side, PvP Server so not sure if we will end up on the same server or not. There are several of us Okies in Animosity and we planning a get together after the first of the year in OKC. Perhaps if any of you guys wanted to come out we can swap stories of our first month or so in game.

We're actually looking to add in another ally slot, since Oklahomies won't be making it. If you can get back to us fairly speedily, we'd be happy to join forces there. If you're speaking of the one with 74 members, it looks like there isn't a 3rd party allied/adversaried, so it'd be a nice juncture.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 07:35:45 am by KPants »

Offline Paradox

• Familiar Face
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2011, 07:48:01 am »
Yes that would be the one I am speaking of however I doubt it will happen. I am only a member and our leadership already has plans in place. Hopefully we will make it on the same server. If not well there are other games to play. There are three of us in the guild from OKC though so if your at some of the events like OKGG or other gaming events you will see us after the new year.

Thanks for the offer though.

Offline KPants

• learned the ropes
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2011, 07:58:52 am »
It was worth a stab, at least ;P. From the way weekend betas have been rolling out, there'll probably be about 12-15 servers at launch, each split up into the different types of servers (PvE, PvP, US West, East, then another set for Europe, etc). So it'd be by the will of the force if we were tossed on the same server ;).

Offline Paradox

• Familiar Face
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2011, 09:53:14 am »
Well you don't have to accept the server the suggest for your clan. You can select whichever server you want.

Offline KPants

• learned the ropes
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2011, 09:56:16 am »
Of course. Coordinating that between however many people within the guild that are told to go to propagated server on launch day? Very difficult =P. It doesn't matter too much, I don't think. Having been in the beta for a bit, TOR is pretty amazing, and chit-chatting about it won't at all be an issue with anyone that plays it.

Offline Satarna

• Startin' Out
    • View Profile
    • Nova Forge Recruitment
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2011, 08:04:44 am »
If it is decided that the default server is not going to be the server of choice, Please email me know soon enough that I can contact my crew and let them know.  Just FYI, most of my crew works at the Wal-mart in Sand Springs. If anyone wants to come around for a quick meet and greet, let me know ahead of time to provide additional info. Being at work not allow alot of time but will do the best we can. Most of us work the weekend with days off during the week.
Except for lag, Beta was GREAT!
Kill em all and let God sort em out!

Offline KPants

• learned the ropes
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2011, 08:35:33 am »
I don't think the server will change from what we're given. That creates too much confusion, and it's can be all too difficult to communicate that to 30 people in addition to our allies and adversaries. I'm glad you enjoyed the beta! I'm definitely falling more and more in love with my Operative (well, Scoundrel as far as the beta go, but same class basically). I'm about 28 and a half, maybe half-way through Tatooine, and the capability of that class in PvE and PvP is just fanTASTIC!

At any rate, the primary members of Versus all work at the Walmart on 81st and Lewis x). Cool to see neighbors so close, and so familiar ;). One of them works evenings, but there's two in ICS O/N, one that stocks regular isles, myself who stocks everywhere and ends up getting tossed to the back to pick/bin half the time, One that works morning ICS, One of the O/N ICS' girlfriends, then just a bunch of our various friends from about the town. It'll be rockin' that we'll be able to work together on the "odd schedule" of the bunch.

Offline Paradox

• Familiar Face
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2011, 12:58:26 pm »
No that's not how its gonna work. The GM will be suggested a server. It is his choice to switch it if he so wishes. Everyone will be put into the guild on the server he picks. Be it the suggested server or one of his choice. Allies and Adver GMs would of course have to switch as well if the GM of the original guild decided to switch.

Offline KPants

• learned the ropes
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2011, 02:04:16 pm »
I've personally heard none of this, but that's good to know, if it's true =).

Offline cravix

• OKgamers Supporters
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2011, 02:25:40 pm »
Early Access has started. Joined up with a friend on the dark side but still willing to join with some light side peeps.

The difference between a liberal and a conservative is that the liberal will ask you to vote republican while a conservative gives facts and asks for you to decide

Offline KPants

• learned the ropes
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2011, 05:14:55 pm »
Versus is on Prophecy of the Five, feel free and join us. You can apply at the provided site (http://Versus.GuildLaunch.com), and also just whisper either Britches, Frost or Icy when they come online for an invite. This is Empire side.

Offline Satarna

• Startin' Out
    • View Profile
    • Nova Forge Recruitment
« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2011, 11:21:45 am »
     Well, it is up and running,for the most part. Having problems with logging onto the subscription web site. Wish they would have told us before hand that we would have had to add time to account before we could log in after game start. Wouldn't be playing with myself now.  But anyways, the game is great.  Running around looking at everything I can see (lol).
     We, of Nova Forge, wish to welcome any who care to join us. Like our site (http://nova-forge.swtorguildhosting.com/home) says 'At the moment, we are playing on three different servers. One is a PvP/Empire server named Prophecy of the Five. Another is a RP-PvP/Republic server named Ven Zallow. The third server is a PvE/Empire server named  Canderous Ordo. We are spread out across different servers because of different playstyles or server population (wait time to log in). Only Prophecy of the Five and Canderous Ordo have a guild on it so far.' So please, come register, come play and May the Force be with You.
Kill em all and let God sort em out!