Author Topic: Tulsa/OK Gamers interested in SWTOR?  (Read 9673 times)

Offline KPants

• learned the ropes
    • View Profile
    • Versus: A SWTOR guild
Tulsa/OK Gamers interested in SWTOR?
« on: September 25, 2011, 07:47:42 am »
If you're interested in playing Star Wars: The Old Republic for PC, don't currently have a guild, and would like to be in a guild primarily composed of Tulsa residents (the core group of officers plus a couple members are Tulsans), feel free and sign up for Versus! I'll post the recruitment thread below, and you can decide for yourself if we're the right guild for you.

Versus: a fun loving, friend-based guild that welcomes any sort of player of whom wishes to ally themselves to the Empire, and destroy all that crosses our paths. Whether you’re casual, hardcore, or somewhere between, you will find a home in Versus. We intend to tackle all aspects of the game, and possess officers that are experienced in both PvE and PvP from previous MMOs who already intend to dedicate their time to leading you to glory! Apply now, and join the phenomenon that is Versus!

What we’re looking for:

• Maturity - The core of Versus has excelled for approximately five years due to its no tolerance policy regarding both drama and genuine trolling. Because of that, each person that desires to apply should understand that you won’t last long in this guild if you aren’t capable of respecting others, and displaying the same level of maturity in that which you are treated with.

• Reliability - While we understand that not everyone is capable of making every event, operation or activity and that schedules will fluctuate due to work or life outside of games…we appreciate and strive to find people who are reliable. When a person constantly fails to do what they say they’ll do, but expects equal treatment to those that keep their word, only drama will come of it and as stated above, that’s what we strive to avoid.

• Community – The founders of Versus have been friends in the physical world for over 3 years, and  it’s important to us that everyone currently in our guild, and those wishing to join understand that we’re a community. We want the guild list to be like a massive friends list, rather than a meaningless assembly of random people. Also, with us: it’s not only your playing capabilities that matter…we want to know who you are, and for you to know each of us as well.

About us:

• In Versus, we have a figure-head guild master…however, that role is not really defined as all-mighty and powerful. We run on a democracy of sorts, and each decision is passed through our officers and members alike to come out with an outcome in which we all agree, and mostly benefit from as a guild. This is to aid in avoiding drama, guild leader trolling, and spreading the importance of each individual as the person that they are. In Versus, you have the say.

• We intend to apply a ranking system in which your activity (which can be in game, on the forums, or wherever) affects your ranking and say on official matters. i.e. – Everyone will be a member, but those that actively make themselves a part of the guild will grow to be senior members or even officers, and have the opportunity to vote on decisions or participate in officer discussions. Not everyone is able to actively perform operations or PvP, and that’s why we offer this system of getting ahead. It’s so those with a life can still not feel gimped on their involvement with the guild they love being a part of.
  • We as a guild understand that both casual players and hard-core players will be attracted to the endgame, and we intend to do our best to cater to both parties. We will be participating in both operations as well as flashpoints (both normal and heroic should such apply), as well as world bosses throughout the game. Each officer has a sublime amount of experience in multiple MMO raiding and dungeon systems, and is determined to keep that experience alive in TOR.
  • Our guild intends to dominate our server, to be reacted to with the phrase: “Oh goodness, it’s time to run.” We’ll be holding regular world PvP activities, partnering with our sister guilds in order to create large-scale assaults on various Republic outposts and social hubs. In addition, we’ll be putting together constant core teams for warzone domination. Should there be a form of “rated” warzones, we will be striving to defeat even the mightiest of opponents, and maintain the mantle of supremacy. The majority of Versus’ officers were a part of the same guild name in World of Warcraft, dominating the PvP brackets in both arena as well as rated battlegrounds and became one of the most feared names of Wildhammer.

• We understand that players throughout the gaming world have varying schedules, and we intend to cater especially to that! While we’ll be running activities during the regular hours of the evening, a couple of our officers work the third shift, and know that a lot of people are forced to skip out on a lot of guild oriented activities due to work. Thusly, we’ll also be running morning operations/PvP groups as well as the evenings and even the occasional late-night activities in order to offer a place for every person within our family.
Information:

• We use Ventrillo, and have a paid server for use as a community hub both pre and post-launch, and will obviously be implementing its use in both PvP and PvE activities after the game finally comes around.
  • Our website, though nothing too fancy, is built to emphasize our community and our progress throughout the game (when it launches). If you choose to apply our pre-launch page on SWTOR.com, please do send in an application to our website as well in order for us to better know you and who you are.

• Versus is affiliated with TOROcast (the longest running Star Wars: The Old Republic Podcast in existence), and thusly is currently allied with both of their community guilds: Torment and Tormented (Republic and Empire, respectively). In fact, Aedict (One of our officers) is actually KPants; a co-host of the show and long time contributor.

If you have any further questions, feel free and ask me on this thread! They can be regarding the game, the guild, or anything of the sort.

Offline Furyswrath

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
  • SEN ID: furyswrath
  • XBL ID: furyswrath
Re: Tulsa/OK Gamers interested in SWTOR?
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2011, 11:09:25 pm »
Humm

So you have Intrigued me. 

Ive never played any of the Star Wars Series MMO's  I think it maybe time for me to start.

Offline Twitch73

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2011, 01:02:25 am »
So if anyone wants to play Republic Light side style and wants to join an oklahoma guild me and some buddies have one mostly from norman and edmond but all are welcome.

Hit us up: http://www.swtor.com/guilds/114406/oklahomies

Also you get a chance to play with Halo homies Twitch, Drviper, and Walter!!
Currently Getting more people to sign up that are lazy so around 10 people at the moment.
"Best Poster in Oklahoma"

Offline KPants

• learned the ropes
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2011, 02:19:50 am »
Humm

So you have Intrigued me. 

Ive never played any of the Star Wars Series MMO's  I think it maybe time for me to start.
Well, Star Wars: Galaxies was the only other real MMO as far as Star Wars is concerned, and for its time? Yeah, fantastic game! But I do believe this one will take the cake, it's essentially on level with WoW (the current basic structure any good MMO needs to build off of) but with the added depth and story Bioware provides as seen with Mass Effect, KOTOR, Dragon Age, and so on. Please, do feel free and apply on the SWTOR site as well as the actual guild site! The latter's a bit dead for the moment (though I check it thoroughly), but once the game begins in December, we'll be quite a bit more active in that area. And also, with enough local players, we could even do parties or events inside and outside of the game to make things even more fun. Just some ideas to toss out there.

So if anyone wants to play Republic Light side style and wants to join an oklahoma guild me and some buddies have one mostly from norman and edmond but all are welcome.

Hit us up: http://www.swtor.com/guilds/114406/oklahomies

Also you get a chance to play with Halo homies Twitch, Drviper, and Walter!!
Currently Getting more people to sign up that are lazy so around 10 people at the moment.
Speaking of, if you'd like to be adversaries with Versus, we could attempt to keep the Oklahoman's on the same server, and even participate in some fun PvP events together. Let me know what you think, and I'll get with my acting guild master.

Edit: I see that you guys already have, so I'll talk to the guild master x).

Offline Twitch73

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2011, 03:54:12 am »
That would be cool to keep the oklahoma guys and gals all together. I would definitely be down to be adversaries.
"Best Poster in Oklahoma"

Offline Furyswrath

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
  • SEN ID: furyswrath
  • XBL ID: furyswrath
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2011, 11:16:22 pm »
Doing the Oklahoma Thing would be Awesome.

Offline KPants

• learned the ropes
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2011, 11:25:56 pm »
Talked with him this morning, and we're all set up! If anyone wants to do some PC gaming (since the site doesn't have the option to provide your Steam ID), you can add me at Aedict there.

Offline cravix

• OKgamers Supporters
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2011, 12:47:08 am »
I have applied to the Light side guild. May the force be with you.

Edit: If you are buying local and havnt preordered come pre-order at Tulsa hills gamestop. Thats the store i work at and if we get enough pre-orders I can convince my manager to have a midnight launch.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 12:57:15 am by cravix »

The difference between a liberal and a conservative is that the liberal will ask you to vote republican while a conservative gives facts and asks for you to decide

Offline KPants

• learned the ropes
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2011, 02:22:11 am »
I have applied to the Light side guild. May the force be with you.

Edit: If you are buying local and havnt preordered come pre-order at Tulsa hills gamestop. Thats the store i work at and if we get enough pre-orders I can convince my manager to have a midnight launch.
I'm sad to hear you've fallen to the light side =(. I pre-ordered about an hour after they announced pre-orders were available on Origin, and impulsively purchase the Collector's Edition x). It'd be cool if you did get a midnight release, but it isn't TOO necessary what with the early game access and having a bit of leeway before being required to enter the CD key for the game in order to continue playing. Even still, midnight releases are a great way to help recruit members into the community within the community. Bake him cookies, and he'll see the light.

Offline Satarna

• Startin' Out
    • View Profile
    • Nova Forge Recruitment
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2011, 07:46:32 pm »
Greetings. Done a google and found you. We are a local Imperial oriented group who work midnites in Sand Springs. Would love to have any other Dark Side inclined players to come join us at http://www.swtor.com/guilds/225407/nova-forge. I am also interested in meeting locals in game if on either side as some of us will create Republic toons. It is all about the fun of the game.
Satarna
Guild Leader Nova Forge
Kill em all and let God sort em out!

Offline cravix

• OKgamers Supporters
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2011, 01:19:08 pm »
Strike me down and I will become more powerful than you can imagine.

Edit: Woot just got a weekend invite.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 02:54:30 pm by cravix »

The difference between a liberal and a conservative is that the liberal will ask you to vote republican while a conservative gives facts and asks for you to decide

Offline KPants

• learned the ropes
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2011, 07:04:19 pm »
Strike me down and I will become more powerful than you can imagine.

Edit: Woot just got a weekend invite.
For the empire!

I got one, too...also just got back from Bioware Austin from the fansite Summit x). I'm in love with this game, now. Just remember, this test has invited more than most standard MMO launches take in, so be prepared for large quantities of lag or even being denied play-ability, period for extended periods of time =/
« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 07:16:44 pm by KPants »

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
  • Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
  • XBL ID: aXs Skorcher
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2011, 08:03:47 am »
Best thread I have ever seen by a new person in the forums. Good job welcome to OKgamers.
"Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers"
HxC LAN Center

Offline Paradox

• Familiar Face
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2011, 08:59:37 am »
Greetings, good to see other Okies planning to play SW:TOR. I am a member of Animosity, we are going Dark side, PvP Server so not sure if we will end up on the same server or not. There are several of us Okies in Animosity and we planning a get together after the first of the year in OKC. Perhaps if any of you guys wanted to come out we can swap stories of our first month or so in game.

Offline KPants

• learned the ropes
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2011, 01:23:48 pm »
Best thread I have ever seen by a new person in the forums. Good job welcome to OKgamers.
Haha, thank you. I do a lot of forum trolling when I have free time (mostly on the TOROcast forums, but hey!).

I'll try and update this post with what server we're on the moment early access starts so perhaps you can try and coordinate and be on a similar server. Obviously, no guarantees can be made though =(. This is a fantastic game, though, and I look forward to seeing Oklahoma make its' mark. Meet and greets are entirely possible, though I'm not sure about the first month of the year. It's something we can work out in the future, most assuredly =).