Author Topic: Sapulpa - TECHCON 2012 (PC LAN, Halo/CoD, "Play the Pros" & Game Room) - 1/21/12  (Read 26492 times)

Offline X_A

• X A - Lead OKGamer Evangelist
  • Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • http://okgamers.com
  • SEN ID: XianghuaALPHA
  • XBL ID: XianghuaALPHA
TECHCON 2012 (PC LAN, Halo/CoD, "Beat the Pros")

GOOGLE MAP LINK (based off address)

In Sapulpa  on 01/21/12
Starts at: 10am till 10pm

Address: 1720 S Main, Sapulpa, OK 74066

Game List: TOURNAMENTS FOR - Halo Reach 2v2, Call of Duty MW3 2v2.  PC LAN, and BYO Freeplay area.  BEAT THE PROS: SSBB, Soul Calibur 4, BlazBlue & Pokemon Puzzle.

NEW**
Vintage Stock presents:  Duck Hunt High Score Tournament - First 50 people to participate get $5 gift card!

Alien Games presents:  WARHAMMER 40k &World of Warcraft TCG DEMOS & Magic the Gathering draft!

Event Description:
SAPULPA'S BIGGEST GAMER GATHERING IS HERE AGAIN - TECHCON! 

Come out to this 4th annual PC LAN event; Sapulpa Central Tech and OKgamers working together to make this event even more awesome!  Last year's attendance was over 300 people, without the large console presence being brought out for this year!  Come out to this great event to enjoy tournaments, free stuff and casual gaming as well!

Entry / Location / Tournament Costs:
TICKETS TO ENTER LOCATION / EVENT: $5  (grants access to all the free to play PC LAN games, console games, etc!)

Halo 2v2 - $20 a team
Mw3 2v2 - $20 a team

BEAT THE PRO - Free!  (must have purchased a ticket to get in of course.)

Vintage Stock Duck Hunt: Free!

Alien Games - Magic the Gathering Draft: $12

BYO Console Tournament: if decided by 1pm we'll have one, the entry will $10 a person.

SCHEDULED EVENTS
FPS Console Tournaments (Fee, see above):
Halo Reach 2v2
CoD Mw3 2v2

PC LAN - Provided:
Modern Warfare 2
CoD WaW: Nazi Zombies

PC LAN - BRING YOUR OWN AREA:
This is open to whatever you want to bring out!  A group of League of Legends players have been discussing coming out, we'll see what happens!!

BEAT THE PROS - Think your the best?  Got a friend always saying they are?  PROVE IT - FOR FREE!  You lose, no big deal; you win, they'll hand you CASH!  Take on the best players in the state for:
-- Super Smash Bros Brawl
-- Soul Calibur 4
-- Blaz Blue
-- Pokemon Puzzle League

Vintage Stock presents: Duck Hunt High Score Tournament - sponsored prizes, first 50 people participating get a free $5 gift card!  Runs until 9:30pm.

Alient Games: Magic the Gathering Draft
The main event sponsored by Alien Games will be a Magic the Gathering draft, the entry fee will be $12. The entrants will receive 3 packs of product. The prize pool will consist of one booster pack per entrant in the tournament.

CONSOLE BYO Freeplay Area:
Kinect Games like Dance Central 2 and Rise of Nightmares!
Super Smash Bros Brawl
Super Smash Bros 64
Soul Calibur 4
SSF and Marvel
Madden
Mario Kart
And More!!

CONSOLE BYO Tournament:
We've setup 2 FPS tournaments, if there is interest at the event before 12:30pm, we'll arrange tournaments for any game already present around 1pm!  Entry fee would be $10 a person; a minimum of 8 people must be interested and will play.

DEMOS:
Alien Games Jenks will be running Warhammer 40k and World of Warcraft tcg demos for TECH CON 2012.

FREE STUFF?!
Both OKgamers and Sapulpa Central Tech have been talking with sponsors, etc - we'll have things at the event to give away!

Make sure you pay attention while your there - you won't want to miss the RED BULL GIRLS!

TOURNAMENT RULES:
Halo 2v2 - later in the thread:  http://www.okgamers.com/forums/index.php/topic,3846.msg46785.html#msg46785
Mw3 2v2 - http://www.okgamers.com/forums/index.php/topic,3855.0   (rules were being worked out, as National Standard is "fluid" currently)

BYO TOURNAMENTS RULES
Any tournament we help run will go by standard National rulesets; whatever the National community for a game uses, is what we'll use.

VINTAGE STOCK DUCK HUNT TOURNAMENTS RULES
Participants will have to stand behind the taped line. You are allowed as many attempts as can be made until Techcon is over; however you must be respectful of other people and not hog the game all day. We will run from 10 am to 9:30 pm, announcing a winner after that.

BEAT THE PROS OVERALL RULES:
All pros will have cash on hand to hand out if anyone manages to best them; they'll be prepared to give out cash to anyone who can best them in $5 and $10 increments. 

HOW MANY TIMES CAN I PLAY: as many as the pro and time allows; depending on interest, at first we may limit it to once per person so everyone gets a chance at the pro - afterwards at the discretion of the Pro, he'll allow retries. 

HOW LONG DOES THIS RUN: off and on throughout the day, as long as the PRO can go, or has money to offer :)

HOW MANY TIMES CAN I WIN - Once; no one will get rich; but bragging rights are way more sweet anyway.  Anyone that can best a Pro will have a photo taken with the Pro and officially touted as "THE BEST".

HOW ARE THESE GUYS "THE BEST"?
The Pro's for SSBB, SC4, and BB have attended 10 to 50+ events for their game, coming out on top in the state, and have won multiple tournaments for their games.  They may have rivals in the area, but at this event - they'll be the best there - or will they?  BRING YOUR A GAME. 

(PPL has not had any recent tournaments; the Pro for this game has had outstanding runs online, and stepped up to own anyone that will try.)

BEAT THE PROS - Individual Game Rules

Super Smash Bros Brawl
Rules: http://www.okgamers.com/forums/index.php/topic,3864.0.html

Josh has reserved the right to use MetaKnight to "wreck some fools"; so be aware you are not safe.

Blaz Blue: Standard National Ruleset

Soul Calibur 4:
PlatForm: PS3 only
Games: 2/3

If you pause the game you forfeit the round, resetting the console forfeits the match

60 Second Rounds
Button Mapping allowed
Weapon Select [OFF]
Handicap [OFF]
Neutral Guard [ON]
Stage Select [OFF]
Soul Gauge default
Life Bar default

Characters Banned: Hilda, Algol, Yoda, All custom characters, bonus characters
Winner of the first match must keep there character
Color Edit characters: only for what's already on the console
All infinties banned

Pokemon Puzzle League:
Console - Nintendo 64       TV Provided: Analog 27" (4:3)
Rounds: Best 2 out of 3 matches, 2 out of 3 rounds for finals     

Settings:
Time: Unlimited                                        NO PAUSING
Blocks: Basic                                            Soft-Reset forfeits the MATCH
Mode of Play: 2D                                      Pausing forfeits the ROUND
Speed: 4 (default)

Controllers:
Original stock N64 pads will be provided. BYOC is always welcome. If BYOC, YOU are responsible for your controller. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility.

Banned:
Any controller with Turbo feature

- The Mages DQ Rule: After a match has been called, a player is given two minutes before receiving a warning. At four minutes late, player will be given a loss for the first game of the set. After six minutes, player will be given a loss of the entire set.

Sponsors:
HxC LAN CENTER - will help provide hardware for the HR / CoD
Mobile Game Trucks - will be on hand for the awesomeness to provide even more awesome gaming!!
Vintage Stock - for sponsoring the hardware and prizes for the Marvel tournament!
Alien Games - coming out and supporting their games!
 - & MORE TO COME!!

FLYERS ARE ATTACHED
 - feel free to download, and spread the word!

FACEBOOK EVENT
PROVE TO OTHERS YOU ARE GOING - Click this, and Go go go sign up!! 
https://www.facebook.com/events/314189341935108

X A
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 04:54:55 pm by X_A »
Oklahoma doesn't have to "suck"
OKGamers.com - spread the word. 
OKgamers.com - our goals

New to the site?  Welcome to OKgamers.com!  Let us know how you found us!

Offline X_A

• X A - Lead OKGamer Evangelist
  • Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • http://okgamers.com
  • SEN ID: XianghuaALPHA
  • XBL ID: XianghuaALPHA
Re: Sapulpa - TECHCON 2012 (PC LAN, Halo/CoD, \
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2011, 06:09:09 am »
THIS SPACE RESERVED FOR RESULTS
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 06:34:31 am by X_A »
Oklahoma doesn't have to "suck"
OKGamers.com - spread the word. 
OKgamers.com - our goals

New to the site?  Welcome to OKgamers.com!  Let us know how you found us!

Offline Nightmare_FG

• OKgamers Supporters
  • learned the ropes
    • View Profile
    • FaTaL Gaming
  • SEN ID: Nightmare_FG
  • XBL ID: Mozaaik
I'll definately try to come out for this one, just depends on if I can meet someone in Oklahoma to game with lol.

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
  • Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
  • XBL ID: aXs Skorcher
Chuck/Anime you guys are going to be in alot of trouble.
"Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers"
HxC LAN Center

Offline outkst949

• OKgamers Supporters
  • Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
Why am i in trouble Mr.Skorcher

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
Why am i in trouble Mr.Skorcher
Surely someone will button mash their way to victory
HxC LAN Center

Offline Animefreak6969

• OKgamer fo' life
  • YUM!
    • View Profile
Lol button mashing doesn't really work in Smash

Offline xXElmo

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
What does the winner's get?
Elmooo

Offline marinesasquach

• learned the ropes
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: MarineSasquach
^..same question as Elmo...and yay for it being on a Saturday..

Offline compy286

• Familiar Face
  • "By the numbers, boys."
    • View Profile
If I want to bring some sc2 friends out for some 1v1 action I'm assuming that would be alright? Several people I've talked to are getting stoked about getting a tournament going next month or in Feb.

Tulsa BarCraft - facebook.com/tulsabarcraft
Twitter - @BarCraftOK
Reddit - reddit.com/r/barcraftOK

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
If I want to bring some sc2 friends out for some 1v1 action I'm assuming that would be alright? Several people I've talked to are getting stoked about getting a tournament going next month or in Feb.
Yes, Yes, and Yes  ;D
HxC LAN Center

Offline nstinson

• learned the ropes
    • View Profile
I am very interested in this!

Is there open gaming anytime besides just 10-10? i.e. can we arrive early or stay late?
I am a big fan of some older console games as well, like snes and n64 (super mario kart, mario kart 64, goldeneye 007, f-zero x, super street fighter, etc.). Will there be a place I can set these up if I bring them? Would there even be interest?

Is there a size limit?
What about snacks/drinks/food?
Is there a cost other than to enter tournaments?

Thanks!

Offline D3AD

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: all my tags: D3ADL

Is there open gaming anytime besides just 10-10? i.e. can we arrive early or stay late?
I am a big fan of some older console games as well, like snes and n64 (super mario kart, mario kart 64, goldeneye 007, f-zero x, super street fighter, etc.). Will there be a place I can set these up if I bring them? Would there even be interest?

Is there a size limit?

Thanks!

Bring what you want.. the guy running the show.. is pretty cool and there has always been old games there like duck hunt and stuff.. and people to play it.. now i dont think you will run into anyone goooood at them anymore.. but ya feel free to bring them...

size limit?  no not really as long as there is space.. we havnt had a problem yet..

snacks/drinks/food?      yes, they will have food and drinks for sell.. if im not mistaken they will have pizza hut's pizza there

additional cost?     there is a entry fee to come in which i believe it was 5$ last year. BUT!! if im not mistaken.. if you bring your own set up your way is free..    plus any food or drinks you buy

and as for gaming time 10-10.. if a tourny happens to go a little longer then yes they will keep it open.. but other then that no.. since its at a school they need that room cleaned so they shut down at 10 and have to clean up..
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 12:33:11 pm by D3AD »
Either be one of the best, or be dead like the rest

Offline nstinson

• learned the ropes
    • View Profile

Is there a size limit?

Thanks!

Bring what you want.. the guy running the show.. is pretty cool and there has always been old games there like duck hunt and stuff.. and people to play it.. now i dont think you will run into anyone goooood at them anymore.. but ya feel free to bring them...

size limit?  no not really as long as there is space.. we havnt had a problem yet..

snacks/drinks/food?      yes, they will have food and drinks for sell.. if im not mistaken they will have pizza hut's pizza there

additional cost?     there is a entry fee to come in which i believe it was 5$ last year. BUT!! if im not mistaken.. if you bring your own set up your way is free..    plus any food or drinks you buy

and as for gaming time 10-10.. if a tourny happens to go a little longer then yes they will keep it open.. but other then that no.. since its at a school they need that room cleaned so they shut down at 10 and have to clean up..

We will probably primarily bring laptops, maybe one desktop setup or so if we come. Do we need power strips and network cables and such? How much is actually supplied there?
Can we bring any of our own food or drinks?

Is there usually a pretty good group there for open gaming?
Can we bring a TV if we want to?

Offline MikelAL93

• Startin' Out
    • View Profile
  • SEN ID: Mikel93
Okay. I am greatly interested in this, as I am going to talk to my parents about this tournament to decide whether or not I can go.

If I can go, I will be able to bring my PS3 with a normal controller and a arcade stick, as we would love a 2 player KOF XIII tournament during the convention. I am going to help provide support for the KOF scene in Oklahoma to get people involved in the series, and help newcomers get to know how the game works. :)