Author Topic: Sapulpa - TECHCON 2012 (PC LAN, Halo/CoD, "Play the Pros" & Game Room) - 1/21/12  (Read 26486 times)

Offline D3AD

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: all my tags: D3ADL
I am very interested in this!

Is there open gaming anytime besides just 10-10? i.e. can we arrive early or stay late?
I am a big fan of some older console games as well, like snes and n64 (super mario kart, mario kart 64, goldeneye 007, f-zero x, super street fighter, etc.). Will there be a place I can set these up if I bring them? Would there even be interest?

Is there a size limit?
What about snacks/drinks/food?
Is there a cost other than to enter tournaments?

Thanks!

Bring what you want.. the guy running the show.. is pretty cool and there has always been old games there like duck hunt and stuff.. and people to play it.. now i dont think you will run into anyone goooood at them anymore.. but ya feel free to bring them...

size limit?  no not really as long as there is space.. we havnt had a problem yet..

snacks/drinks/food?      yes, they will have food and drinks for sell.. if im not mistaken they will have pizza hut's pizza there

additional cost?     there is a entry fee to come in which i believe it was 5$ last year. BUT!! if im not mistaken.. if you bring your own set up your way is free..    plus any food or drinks you buy

and as for gaming time 10-10.. if a tourny happens to go a little longer then yes they will keep it open.. but other then that no.. since its at a school they need that room cleaned so they shut down at 10 and have to clean up..

We will probably primarily bring laptops, maybe one desktop setup or so if we come. Do we need power strips and network cables and such? How much is actually supplied there?
Can we bring any of our own food or drinks?

Is there usually a pretty good group there for open gaming?
Can we bring a TV if we want to?

Ya, thats cool bring it.. they will have there own setups for ppl to use.. and they will have a area for people with personal equipment.. and they are really good with all the power strips.. but u can never be to safe..   cable cords are covered for most part..
and as equipment goes.. they supply quite a bit.. they have extra power cords stuff like that..

Yes, u can bring your own food.. but "NOTE"  this is a fundraising event for the schools Network Security class.. or other words NSA..

and if im not mistaken last year.. we had 200's 300's i think??? idk.. just what i think i heard.. but yes.. there is alot!! of ppl there.. everyone is there for open gaming..

Yes, bring your own tv!!

"NOTE"
If you bring your own equipment!!!!! u have to register it at the door!! they wright your serial numbers and stuff down on everything!! so that way no one takes your stuff.. and its the same with checkout.. u have to have everything checked..
Either be one of the best, or be dead like the rest

Offline [email protected]

• Startin' Out
  • TECHCON 2012 Administrator
    • View Profile
    • TECH CON 2012
"We will probably primarily bring laptops, maybe one desktop setup or so if we come. Do we need power strips and network cables and such? How much is actually supplied there?
Can we bring any of our own food or drinks?

Is there usually a pretty good group there for open gaming?
Can we bring a TV if we want to?"

We will have plenty of power strips and network cables for everyone.
We will also have a lot of TVs but if you want to bring your own tv/monitor you can.

Offline D3AD

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
ok.. so does anyone know if LoL is going to be there???? reason i ask this.. is bc there are so many things that could go wrong.. and alot of the LoL players would b mad if it didnt work.. if possible.. MR. B.   if you could test league of legends out on the schools internet.. just to see if it will load up and that the fire wall wont block us....    another thing.. either.. we can set League of Legends up to play 3v3 or 5v5.. either way.. that 6 or 10 comps area we need.. if possible..

Offline D3AD

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
It has been confirmed.... there will be NO LEAGUE OF LEGENDS
i quote MR. B
"We have determined that our network filter will not allow access to the LOL servers. We defiantly have space for you how ever the network issue kills this."

Offline nsa_xploit

• learned the ropes
  • TechCon Coordinator
    • View Profile
    • |NSA| Forum
I am very interested in this!

Is there open gaming anytime besides just 10-10? i.e. can we arrive early or stay late?
I am a big fan of some older console games as well, like snes and n64 (super mario kart, mario kart 64, goldeneye 007, f-zero x, super street fighter, etc.). Will there be a place I can set these up if I bring them? Would there even be interest?

Is there a size limit?
What about snacks/drinks/food?
Is there a cost other than to enter tournaments?

Thanks!

Bring what you want.. the guy running the show.. is pretty cool and there has always been old games there like duck hunt and stuff.. and people to play it.. now i dont think you will run into anyone goooood at them anymore.. but ya feel free to bring them...

size limit?  no not really as long as there is space.. we havnt had a problem yet..

snacks/drinks/food?      yes, they will have food and drinks for sell.. if im not mistaken they will have pizza hut's pizza there

additional cost?     there is a entry fee to come in which i believe it was 5$ last year. BUT!! if im not mistaken.. if you bring your own set up your way is free..    plus any food or drinks you buy

and as for gaming time 10-10.. if a tourny happens to go a little longer then yes they will keep it open.. but other then that no.. since its at a school they need that room cleaned so they shut down at 10 and have to clean up..

There is a bit of mixed info going around, but it happens.

The finalized info is as follows:

BYO- Go for it! You have hardware to bring? Bring it. We have a great check in/out system and security to keep things from "being misplaced".

Food- There will be Papa Johns pizza brought in as well as other concessions. We also have a local coffee shop coming in to sell smoothies!

Cost- The entry fee stands at $5 for everyone (except staff and moderators obviously). We need to break even on costs to run TechCon and the entry is the only way for us to achieve that. This entry fee does however get you one free drink and concession item.  The tournament costs are in the hands of HxC. But the $5 gets you in and the free play area and equipment is yours to use.

Time- What was stated above is correct. We will start asking people to leave at 10pm so we can start tearing down. If a tournament is still in progress though, we will leave that area alone.

Offline WhiskeyFive

• Startin' Out
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: WhiskeyFive
im looking for a partner for the 2v2 mw3 PC -
steam id:  twisted_fendor
callsign: WhiskeyFive

im bringing my own rig.

anyone serious enough message me.

Offline nstinson

• learned the ropes
    • View Profile
"Food- There will be Papa Johns pizza brought in as well as other concessions. We also have a local coffee shop coming in to sell smoothies!"

I am assuming the Pizza is not covered by the entry fee?:-p

Offline nsa_xploit

• learned the ropes
  • TechCon Coordinator
    • View Profile
    • |NSA| Forum
"Food- There will be Papa Johns pizza brought in as well as other concessions. We also have a local coffee shop coming in to sell smoothies!"

I am assuming the Pizza is not covered by the entry fee?:-p

The entry gets you in and gets you one free concession and a drink. The rest is on you. It is extremely cheap though since we buy in bulk.

Offline nsa_xploit

• learned the ropes
  • TechCon Coordinator
    • View Profile
    • |NSA| Forum
im looking for a partner for the 2v2 mw3 PC -
steam id:  twisted_fendor
callsign: WhiskeyFive

im bringing my own rig.

anyone serious enough message me.

The actual MW3 tournament is on 360 and moderated by HxC.
The PC side of things will be mainly freeplay. Also, due to the source of the games we use for the PC freeplay area, we may have to revert back to MW2.

If you bring your own rig, which is awesome, then I'll simply plug you into the network and supply you with the MW2 that we use. You are then joined into the freeplay servers.

Offline WhiskeyFive

• Startin' Out
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: WhiskeyFive
well that was quite possibly the biggest let down news ive heard to start 2012 off, awesome. atlanta here i come.

Offline nstinson

• learned the ropes
    • View Profile
Will the firewall allow us to access Steam?

Offline nsa_xploit

• learned the ropes
  • TechCon Coordinator
    • View Profile
    • |NSA| Forum
Will the firewall allow us to access Steam?

The firewall will block the HTTP traffic associated with Steam, such as the Steam Store. It won't block your library, the games, or current downloads/game updates.

At least I know for a fact it won't with Garry's Mod and MW3. I've tried those two and they work fine.

I haven't made our network layout yet, but in past years, the local network we have set up is not connected to the web. It all stayed local.

There is a wireless network available though if you want to use that. I wouldn't recommend it because multiple people may use it and hog all the bandwidth.

Offline nstinson

• learned the ropes
    • View Profile
I just need a connection with internet so that I can get into steam and launch games, etc

Offline nsa_xploit

• learned the ropes
  • TechCon Coordinator
    • View Profile
    • |NSA| Forum
Then you should be fine. I will be supplying a version of MW2 that we use that is completely offline if you want to join the local servers.

Offline xXElmo

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
My question has yet to be answered. Are there going to be prizes for Halo and CoD?
Elmooo