Author Topic: OKC - HxC Summer Season Event #3 - SSBB - 7/31/2010  (Read 9650 times)

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
  • Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
  • XBL ID: aXs Skorcher
Re: OKC - HxC Summer Season Event #3 - SSBB - 7/31/2010
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2010, 12:37:48 pm »

150 for 1st 2nd 75 and 3rd gets money too?? dude if that is not enough you are just being inconsiderate

I have no idea what you're talking about.  Those amounts are not correct.  First is supposedly 100, second is supposedly 50, and third i dont think has gotten money ever since your 3rd promotional tournament.  (this is based on the threads i sifted through in the aftermarth forum)

Perhaps you could also fill us in on what these taxes you are talking about.  Because Saif/every TO manages to pull off a tournament without fixed pot amounts.
150 for first 75 for second and 25 for 3rd . That is if 32 show up... if only 24 show it will take away 3rd place and so on.

FYI we have given out 3rd place to the last 3 events except the last one in May. A lot of time we had to adjust due to venues shifting on us or of course only 16 showing up to OCCC event and May event in which we gave the entire pot but a few bucks. We cant help when we try to throw events and other companies dont help us promote. Which in the long run I pay out of my pocket to people who brought equipment or made long drives. July 2009 we sponsored an event and gave em all of our tvs let them keep entire pot. Championship November 2009 we gave them the entire pot and gave away shirts, gift cards, and computer hardware. So maybe we should post final payouts to reinterate what we are doing.

Taxes? At the end of each year they wanna know where this money goes. I got audited the first year this question got asked,
Did you charge a tax on entry fee? NO
Did you tax the prize winner? NO
Technically each time you make money we are supposed to tax each winner we dont. Because I think its stupid to charge 8 percent from 100 dollars. We just pay it out of our pockets. So long story short we are doing really well please dont discriminate us when we dont pay out 3rd and please dont use Saif against us.. fighter community is way stronger in Tulsa then it is in OKC. The same way Halo community is stronger down here. Your amounts dont have problems because its 60/30/10 no matter what meaning if its 4,8,16,24 you never have to worry about who shows because the staff is non profit.

We are also trying to pay for a full sponsorship meaning hotel, entry fee, and allowance will be given out for MLG event. Cut us some slack please!
"Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers"
HxC LAN Center

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2010, 12:45:02 pm »
Bassem
BUT what happens if more than 23 players show up? Lets say 25 show up. thats $250 in the overall pot. But youre still only giving 150 for 1st and 50 for 2nd and 25 for 3rd. So where does the other $25 go to? If you want money to pay for taxes, then the venue fee may be able to cover that if enough players show up.
[/quote]

That extra 25 will end up on another Future SSBB pot or goes towards Tulsa gamers gas or towards future HxC events that will help the SSBB community, Maybe even a pro event for the sponsorship we mentioned. Even though we are not a non profit company we still treat it like one, meaning we dont make any money doing these events
HxC LAN Center

Offline Typ_EX

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2010, 06:24:29 pm »
i had something to say, but everything seems more or less settled.

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2010, 06:37:30 pm »
i had something to say, but everything seems more or less settled.
No please post? I dont want you guys to feel cheated at all or in anyway. Also if theres some things that need to be tweaked please tell.
HxC LAN Center

Offline Typ_EX

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2010, 09:34:57 am »
I have been to a healthy amount of events hosted by HxC.  I was going to ask what your last three events were.  Cause in most of your original posts, only first and second receive a reward.  I also know that at the opener that we had KS come (I want to say it was the last opener), only first and second got paid.

Anyways, it doesn't matter.  KS said they probably wouldn't go to another event here, and there is a carpool from dallas coming i believe.

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2010, 01:14:27 pm »
I have been to a healthy amount of events hosted by HxC.  I was going to ask what your last three events were.  Cause in most of your original posts, only first and second receive a reward.  I also know that at the opener that we had KS come (I want to say it was the last opener), only first and second got paid.

Anyways, it doesn't matter.  KS said they probably wouldn't go to another event here, and there is a carpool from dallas coming i believe.
I don't care about KS not coming to events. It does not matter to me all we care about is Oklahoma and we are greatful for the other guys that come from out of state... and yes that was the last time we only paid 1st and 2nd. We post 1st and 2nd but we aim for 3rd since its a big deal for the guys that come close which I understand. But thats why we can't make no one happy. A lot of the times when we at the tournaments I ask "how do yall want this to get paid out?" So in the long run all the participants PICKED the pay out at our events anyway. I always ask hey guys is this fair? So when no one tells me this at the event? My hands are now tied. So guess what here it is we are confirming that if people show we will pay out 3rd.. and once again we are trying to sponsor ssbb players at the mlgpro events what more do you want? Cuz I know other local companies is not doing what we are doing.
HxC LAN Center

Offline Typ_EX

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2010, 01:31:36 pm »
this wasn't even about 3rd place.  This all could have been avoided if you mentioned that the money that wasn't given as reward would go to mlg sponsership.  I'm never going to give my input again.

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2010, 01:40:12 pm »
this wasn't even about 3rd place.  This all could have been avoided if you mentioned that the money that wasn't given as reward would go to mlg sponsership.  I'm never going to give my input again.
Man I said that 60 times all through the forums that the extra money goes to future events. The MLG sponsorship is going to happen with or without the SSBB hxc tournaments even happening so now do you see the frustration when people complain and HxC is doing more then what we post. Please tell me we are on the same page?
HxC LAN Center

Offline Typ_EX

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2010, 06:29:29 pm »
we are on the same page.

Offline bassem6

• Startin' Out
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2010, 09:33:39 pm »
Question timmy! If time permits, would it be possible to make doubles an event? And the teams could give you $10 per player ($20 a team) and we could split the total doubles pot 60-30-10 for 1st , 2nd and 3rd. Because some people really do enjoy doubles more than singles and its a staple at every smash bros tourny.

Offline Typ_EX

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2010, 10:03:09 am »
i think we should follow mlg rules for this.

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2010, 11:51:40 pm »
Question timmy! If time permits, would it be possible to make doubles an event? And the teams could give you $10 per player ($20 a team) and we could split the total doubles pot 60-30-10 for 1st , 2nd and 3rd. Because some people really do enjoy doubles more than singles and its a staple at every smash bros tourny.

You sure the heck can! we will do the bracket for you and you can have the entire pot... also I agree with type ex cuz dude in the long wrong MLG rather you guys like it or not will have to play them sooner or later
HxC LAN Center