Author Topic: AZ Soul Calibur player - and the drama that ensues  (Read 21050 times)

DarkWraith56

Re: AZ Soul Calibur player - and the drama that ensues
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2008, 10:05:41 am »
even i would show up for this lol ill call in sick and everything just to come and watch this i may even take you on myself if your as bad as we think you are.

DonP

« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2008, 01:13:06 pm »
Darkwraith since you are opening your mouth, I have a butt kickin saved especially for you.  And Micheal Jackson, if soul calibur isn't your game, we can have a spelling contest since thats what you want to make this about now.  In an argument the one who changes the subject is the one who has lost.  You keep bringing up my spelling because your scared of me when it comes to the calibur.

DonP

« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2008, 01:19:28 pm »
late march early april.  What dates work for yall.

DarkWraith56

« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2008, 01:26:29 pm »
LOLOL michael jackson is one of the better players at soul calibur. i promise you and i think by then i could be ready for you, because i really loathe people like you coming on and making a challenge that you have never even backed up before so sure come on ill be waiting for you and i promise you by then i will be good enough to beat you just so you will shut up and stop trolling our forums. So please by all means come and save your game for me because i will be practicing to take you down. so you might be doing the same, because im sure that either michael jackson or XA will be able to take you down but the way you talk the more and more i believe i can.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2008, 01:30:22 pm by DarkWraith56 »

Offline X_A

• X A - Lead OKGamer Evangelist
  • Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • http://okgamers.com
  • SEN ID: XianghuaALPHA
  • XBL ID: XianghuaALPHA
« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2008, 03:05:16 pm »

Wow, so this is progress lool.

--

Don - you don't need to rent a car, you can crash on my couch, and I'll happily pick you up from the airport / we'll get you taken care of.

Honestly?  I think the BEST gathering of gamers is STILL going to be at the NVGA event.  However, that's not till May.  If you want to make a trip late March / early April - Tulsa will warmly welcome you, as we have all challengers for years now.  (We've thrown 4+ regional level SC events in this area over the years, so it's not new hat to us or anything.)

Heck.  Tell ya what Don - since your suddenly willing to travel, I'll do you one step better.  We'll throw an entire tournament for you.  I assume SC console, and not arcade correct?  Anyway, here are your options:

March 15th - is an anime convention / tournament series at which SC will be held.  It'd be hectic for us to have you here at the same time, but if you want to, you can come and we'll include you in our event then.  Problem is it's a massive undertaking and we'll be really busy - so our hospitality will suffer some -_-  Maybe not if I can get Mj to help out, which I'm sure I could...  So - your call there.

Late March - Joe Momma's pizza already wanted to have a NCAA event.  We can just tack SC on.  Saturday event, good venue, etc, etc.

Early April - I can get several different places to host.  I suspect we need to stick to Saturdays, but with a smack talker in SC coming into town, Funhouse might even make an exception and let us do a Saturday.   We'll see - let me know.

Hyping.  I'm sure I can get flyers, etc out there and REALLY get a turnout for a SC3 event - so between maybe a few gridcon kids, my crew, and randoms - we could easily have a 30+ tournament on our hands, given enough time to hype, etc.  I can even contact sponsors for additional prizes, etc.

If you want to raise the pressure, we can do $$ entry and pot.  A basic level is all I'd suggest though - 5 to 10$ going into the pot from each player, and then 1st getting 60 to 70%, 2nd 20ish, 3rd 10ish.  This will help offset your travel expenses if you win as well, which is always nice.

Fair warning though - we start bringing money into it, and serious bad asses like Link might show up ;)

So.  My offers are on the table, let me know which you want to move on and we'll go from there.  Back out now if your not seriously going to come though - because get this all going and backout after it starts and I'll have to kill you lol; as I don't like going to the trouble of an event for nothin'.

X A

Oklahoma doesn't have to "suck"
OKGamers.com - spread the word. 
OKgamers.com - our goals

New to the site?  Welcome to OKgamers.com!  Let us know how you found us!

Coolsvilla

« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2008, 03:09:02 pm »
Darkwraith, since you are opening your mouth, I have a butt kicking saved especially for you. And Micheal Jackson, if Soul Calibur isn't your game, we can have a spelling contest since that's what you want to make this about now.  In an argument, the one who changes the subject is the one who has lost.  You keep bringing up my spelling because you're scared of me when it comes to the Soul Calibur.
Late March, early april.  What dates work for yall everyone?

You shouldn't do a contest with this language either, DonP. Maybe he's just so appalled by your lack of respect for the English language. I think it's bleeding. :'(

There are your corrections. ^^ GG?

You didn't answer my question as to why, if cash is the prize, you haven't gone to a tournament. But immature people will do what they want and ignore what they don't want to see. *shrug*

Offline X_A

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2008, 03:36:07 pm »
Woooooooooooooooooow.  Thats all yall had to say.  Tell me when to buy a ticket and one of you come pick me up at the airport and we can get it on so I can let you know exactly how I get down.  And I wasn't trying to insult anyone with the age thing but I thought that XA referred to me as "this kid".  That makes me assume that only kids are on this site and you know I'm really not the guy who plays with 15 year olds.  But since you have assured me that there are working people who are able to travel without a parents permission I am definately willing and confident enough to come and put an end to anyone talking that much trash to me.  If noone wants to come get me, I rent a car to get to you.  XA you were doing a night thing at your house.  Why don't you bring it back one night just so I can come down there and beat you in soul calibur 3 or 2.  I like to play five win games.  Anyone can get lucky, but the best player will more often then not win a five game series, but I would love to beat on you all night long.  Or we can play to a set number of wins to truly prove who is better.
Balls in your court.

On the kid thing - fair enough. 

As for the concern of competition, other's and my last post should cover that; we are more than ready to play.

Tournament rules - are usually 2 out of 3 games, with finals being 4 out of 5.  So, a game of 5 is possible in finals.  If you want to REALLY hold to that - let's do the tournament standard rules, and then you can choose who you want a game of 5 to with afterwards.  Honestly, the 'sc community' seems to stick by best of 10; so 2 people 'session' lol, or play 10 games and the best of that usually knows where they stand after that.  To keep the tournament from going on FOREVER - I suggest we stick to 2 out of 3, 4 out of 5, and then do sessioning afterwards.  If you come in on a Friday night, and leave Sunday afternoon / evening - you'll get a full Saturday of tournament and a bit of sessioning that night, and then some more on Sunday with me exclusively / easily enough if you are staying at my house, etc, etc.  Mj might also be able to offer lodging, and is close to my house, if you prefer a bit more neutral location to stay of course.

Holiday?  Hardly.  You'll go down in our SC history eitherway though, and these threads will go into archives, to be kept around as long as the site is.  I don't delete, and I'll make sure the mod's know not to touch it either; course they'll LOCK IT if it goes out of control, but we'll just have to keep it civil then eh?

I'm glad to hear your excited, that was really the only thing that made me offer to go the extra mile here.  Honestly, for you to have never traveled, I'm definitely good enough :)  I've recently won tournaments, one one-handed even, and while I'm not the best from a national view I've stood toe to toe with the best in my nationals days and faired well enough - so that'll have to do for you this time :)  Also, Mj is one the best Asta's in the region, if he knocks his dust off, hopefully he will for you ;).  As for me, I've been keeping somewhat active, and will be ready for you if you come.  Fair warning though - even though you don't seem to put much stock in the 'soul calibur community' that exists, it's been established for sometime that my main character has advantage / your main character has a weakness to mine; so you've been warned.

House? lol - I do have 2 roommates, but Mj and Darkwraith live elsewhere :)  However, the Tulsa community has a long history of playing this game, and if we REALLY shake the city hard enough, you might even get some old other pro's outta the dark to play.  However, Mj and myself went to Nationals for 2, and me for 3, so we'll offer you suitable competition.  Also, you never know if Link, or other solid pro's you've so easily dismissed will show up just to let you know of your misjudgment counting them out; so we'll see.

If you want a date - I'd say either come for minicon or avoid it all together.  So either bite the bullet and come the 15th for minicon, or wait a bit and shoot for the 3-29, or a weekend after.  If possible the best time would probably be to fly in on a Friday, and leave Sunday / Monday.  That way you have the chance to sleep / not rush in off a plane into a tournament, always a bad idea from my perspective.  You wake up, play in the tournament Saturday, session a bit after that.  And then like I said, depending on where you are staying / peoples plans you can get in more sessioning on the Sunday before you leave.

Got any of those lackies laying around?  Maybe you should drive instead of fly, bring them, and we'll make this an official AZ vs OK event ;)

X A

OKgamers.com - our goals

Offline makosira

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2008, 04:33:59 pm »
♥♥♥♥♥. If something like this happened, I'd have to pull my mom out of the house to see this. :D I might even play if I could get her to come to something like this. :) I might not be that great at the game, but I play for fun, not to be the best.
360 Live Gamertag: SulkiestSun

Someone had already taken makosira and sira... Who the heck uses 'makosira' besides me? o_O

Offline blindsamurai

• OKgamers Supporters
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: xgcx casper
« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2008, 07:18:10 pm »
 ;D lol hi DonP ill be the one to kick your a$$ dont worry about it Saif i got this and ill show how I get down

Offline X_A

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 20, 2008, 07:24:12 pm »
;D lol hi DonP ill be the one to kick your a$$ dont worry about it Saif i got this and ill show how I get down

lol, sorry to break it to you bro, but you'll take some more training before you can be my mid-boss ;)

X A

OKgamers.com - our goals

Offline blindsamurai

• OKgamers Supporters
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: xgcx casper
« Reply #40 on: February 20, 2008, 07:27:38 pm »
 :D

lol, sorry to break it to you bro, but you'll take some more training before you can be my mid-boss ;)

X A

lol im just saying i can take this guy out and has he even said who he palys with

Offline Icychiller

• OKgamer Evangelist
  • Hitech redneck gamer
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: Icychiller
« Reply #41 on: February 20, 2008, 07:54:38 pm »
blah blah blah imma dirty tramp... thats all im hearing  ;D

DonP

« Reply #42 on: February 20, 2008, 11:31:03 pm »
After march 15th.  I am going to cali that weekend to watch Marquez vs Paquio.  Those are boxers for those who don't know.  We can do a tournament but I would rather just put it on five right off the bat and just go at it.  Lets just let everyone who has said a word to me go head up best out of five and right then and then Ill either have to hush or they will.  You know I am coming down because of what people had to say.  The trash they spoke.  I wanna go down there play the people that spoke and show them Im better.  Im at the level where if you arent good enough now, you wont be a month from now.  Im not dogging the comp.  I expect some real good players, but if I run through everyone I won't be surprised.  There is no need to delay anything.  The moment I walk in the door I want the people that said they would beat me in games to five.  Games to ten would be even better.  After that a tournement would be great too.  But I really want the ones that are the reason for my coming.

I appreciate the hospitality XA but I will rent a car, but I would possibly take you up for your couch spot but I'll probably get a hotel my friend.  I may bring one friend with me to bring a cam corder to document the event, but get hype, Im definately coming down, and I would be gracious if all the big soul calibur players showed up to attempt to put me in my place.

I never looked for a tournament but hey I coming out there now so don't worry.  Does anyone know about the money thats possible to make.  I would definately be down for money.  If we can get a good number to show up lets think big XA.  You wanted to throw those things at your house but it never came off.  Since your gonna be behind this do it big.  Go 50 dollar buy in.  If 100 show up that is 5Gs we got to work with.  Thats a real tournament.  I mean I got nothing against the 10 dollar game but lets do this big.  Lets make it attractable.  Im paying 350 to get down there, least we can do is get everyone to pay 50 for a game and have prises of 3500 1000 and 500.  Thats good. 

Holler

Offline TH3 R3LIGION

• OKgamer Evangelist
  • No XBL FR
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 20, 2008, 11:42:29 pm »
I never looked for a tournament but hey I coming out there now so don't worry.  Does anyone know about the money thats possible to make.  I would definately be down for money.  If we can get a good number to show up lets think big XA.  You wanted to throw those things at your house but it never came off.  Since your gonna be behind this do it big.  Go 50 dollar buy in.  If 100 show up that is 5Gs we got to work with.  Thats a real tournament.  I mean I got nothing against the 10 dollar game but lets do this big.  Lets make it attractable.  Im paying 350 to get down there, least we can do is get everyone to pay 50 for a game and have prises of 3500 1000 and 500.  Thats good. 

Holler

Hi, does the word reality mean anything to you? 100 people? really?
DO NOT SEND ME A FR UNLESS I KNOW YOU PERSONALLY

SEMI-PROS ARE HORRIBAD

Offline makosira

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 21, 2008, 12:12:46 am »

Holler

Hi, does the word reality mean anything to you? 100 people? really?

Yeah. 100 people wouldn't show up, whether you were claiming to be the best in the world or the best else where. Also, 50 dollars is a bit much, and you're thinking a bit high on that. While on really big tournaments, the pots can get high, even though I haven't been around the tourney thing much(just about a year or a little over), I don't think I've ever heard of a 50 dollar tourney. :-\ SC isn't my game anyway. Who know's what the hardcore player's would do. I just play it for fun, and I'm not that good.
360 Live Gamertag: SulkiestSun

Someone had already taken makosira and sira... Who the heck uses 'makosira' besides me? o_O