Author Topic: AZ Soul Calibur player - and the drama that ensues  (Read 21046 times)

Linkrkc

Re: AZ Soul Calibur player - and the drama that ensues
« Reply #90 on: March 30, 2008, 05:43:10 pm »
By attacking ego, and "working with vinegar, not sugar" I've found much better results, such as this.  Why? I guess Oklahoma kids are all whine and lazy, and very few will react to anything other than an ego punch? :)

I see your point.  I was a little surprised at how mean you were being since I know you in real life, but I can't argue with results.

Really - I almost have felt bad for him for a while now.  Talk about bad luck, ya know?  Other than the SC site it's self, your not going to RUN INTO a site that really just happens to have the attention of some of the good players at all, more aless get a situation where they are able to travel to play, and prove it all out.  I guess being in the midwest, and being central to several of the top players like Hates and Link, we've simply had the good location that usually only a California or Chicago address would afford.  Good times for us, but in the end, sorta rotten luck for anyone to start out with, ya know?

On the other hand, it could be really good luck since he seemed open to improving.  If he showed up and rolled over everyone, he would have thought he was really that good and would have no drive to improve.  I give him huge props for showing up and sticking things out.

Offline Punish3r

• OKgamer Evangelist
  • 1337 Filmmaker
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #91 on: March 30, 2008, 06:32:23 pm »
Big kudos for the fact he came! The tournament went well, and plenty of footage to boot.

Offline Krisnaga

• OKgamers Supporters
  • OKgamer Evangelist
  • schwing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 31, 2008, 10:21:17 am »
oh yeah, dude took it like a champ.
props for sticking it out and having the eye of the tiger.

i just didnt realize the extent of the smack that was laid down.
Respect the Quickness

DonP

« Reply #93 on: April 01, 2008, 12:30:02 am »
The gathering did exactly what link said.  It let me know I can get alot better and that I need to get alot better if I want to compete.  I am re-energized for soul calibur.  I wasn't faking my lack of knowledge.  I mean I pretty much showed my lack of knowledge by saying I was the best in the world.  I really felt I was going to show up and beat everyone.  I thought Id have tough matches but I never thought I would be so thouroughly dominated by so many people.  That never entered my mind.  But it happened.  Before the tourney I was kinda bored with the game because i work people outside the gaming community.  I have been educated and now I am very interested in improving my game. 

SP

« Reply #94 on: April 01, 2008, 12:06:15 pm »
VIDS?!?!?!

Offline Krisnaga

• OKgamers Supporters
  • OKgamer Evangelist
  • schwing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 01, 2008, 05:05:51 pm »
c'mon OKgamers staff thingies!!
post 'em!
Respect the Quickness

Offline Punish3r

• OKgamer Evangelist
  • 1337 Filmmaker
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #96 on: April 02, 2008, 04:31:52 pm »
X_A has the VCR tapes, while I have the player footage. I'm editing them up day by day, so his will be posted before mine.