Author Topic: Guitar Hero Rue-eened  (Read 5835 times)

canis_x_lupis

Guitar Hero Rue-eened
« on: October 27, 2008, 08:17:55 am »
They screwed up guitar hero. The songs are easier now they have those tapping sections. You can get beaten by some playing Medium when you're playing Expert on pro-face off. The guitar is awful. You can not play custom songs online.

Am I the only one that thinks this?

Offline z B r e a T h e

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
Re: Guitar Hero Rue-eened
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2008, 09:14:59 am »
How can you not like the new guitar? I mean jezuz it has a touch function for god sake. Whats better than that i think its the best out of them all.In my words -If you dont like it dont play it- end of story.
-Neva Ment To Make Yo Daughta Cry Sorry Mizz Jackson! Whoo! i am fo reallzz!

Offline SPRTN SnprSlick

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
    • SPRTNGaming
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2008, 04:00:40 pm »
How can you not like the new guitar? I mean jezuz it has a touch function for god sake. Whats better than that i think its the best out of them all.In my words -If you dont like it dont play it- end of story.

It's very simple. GH:WT is a Rockband clone.

Offline Tatsu

• Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: PSI Tatsuman
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2008, 09:12:43 pm »
Seriously. There's no wavedashing or L canceling either. Gheeeeey.

>_>

But on a serious note, I can't see Guitar Hero getting anything but better by copying Rock Band...who copied Guitar Hero in the first place...

Offline SPRTN SnprSlick

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
    • SPRTNGaming
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2008, 09:14:28 pm »

>_>

But on a serious note, I can't see Guitar Hero getting anything but better by copying Rock Band...who copied Guitar Hero in the first place...

Please dont center your text.

Harmonix did not copy anything from Activision. Rockband is the REAL spinoff of the Guitar Hero series. Harmonix owned the brand name until they decided they wanted to make a band game. So they sold the Guitar Hero name to make room for the Rock Band name.

Offline makosira

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2008, 03:52:19 am »

>_>

Harmonix did not copy anything from Activision. Rockband is the REAL spinoff of the Guitar Hero series. Harmonix owned the brand name until they decided they wanted to make a band game. So they sold the Guitar Hero name to make room for the Rock Band name.

What Spartan said. I'm a Harmonix fanboy, so I obviously like Rock Band better, but I'm renting Guitar Hero World Tour off of Gamefly. It should get here later today or tomorrow.

Also, the 'tapping' sections that they've implemented seems like a bad idea, because they look like strums in the videos and stuff, like it's really hard to tell them apart. But meh.

My main problem is the fact that they're blatantly ripping off Rock Band. But, that's my problem for letting it bother me, but whatever.
360 Live Gamertag: SulkiestSun

Someone had already taken makosira and sira... Who the heck uses 'makosira' besides me? o_O

Offline Tatsu

• Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: PSI Tatsuman
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2008, 07:49:43 am »

>_>

This text style is automatically applied by my browser. If it's bugging you that much I could change it.

This I know.
But Rock Band is still a GH clone, regardless of who made it. A better game, in my opinion, but still a clone.

On topic, I played GH WT a while back. I didn't get to play very long, but it was fun at least. Now, maybe it's because I suck at GH, but there wasn't a huge difficulty problem for me.

Offline uNlimited

• OKgamer Evangelist
  • GT: Taco Steeve
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2008, 08:34:31 am »
a while back? it came out saturday night -.-
add me on live - gt - Taco Steeve
or on
myspace.com/taco_steeve
or on
WoW - Korialstrasz - TostadaTom 80 DK

Offline z B r e a T h e

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2008, 08:45:23 am »
owned =/  ;D
-Neva Ment To Make Yo Daughta Cry Sorry Mizz Jackson! Whoo! i am fo reallzz!

Offline BUTL3R

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: Oh Butler
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2008, 04:06:44 pm »
lol ditto....  :o

Offline makosira

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2008, 04:12:53 pm »

>_>

This text style is automatically applied by my browser. If it's bugging you that much I could change it.

This I know.
But Rock Band is still a GH clone, regardless of who made it. A better game, in my opinion, but still a clone.

On topic, I played GH WT a while back. I didn't get to play very long, but it was fun at least. Now, maybe it's because I suck at GH, but there wasn't a huge difficulty problem for me.

It's not a clone, actually. Harmonix wanted to make Rock Band long before they made Guitar Hero. RedOctane figured people wouldn't by a multi-peripheral game, so they ended up making Guitar Hero instead. Technically, Guitar Hero would be a Rock Band clone, but let's not let this get confusing.
360 Live Gamertag: SulkiestSun

Someone had already taken makosira and sira... Who the heck uses 'makosira' besides me? o_O

Offline AfroTastic

• OKgamers Supporters
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2008, 05:16:43 pm »
Paralell dimension's lets just say that.

Offline SPRTN SnprSlick

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
    • SPRTNGaming
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2008, 06:18:33 pm »

>_>

The context in which you are using the world 'clone' refers to a blatant rip off in order to seek personal benefit.

Rock Band is far from that.

Are cellphones clones of analog phones? No.

This I know.

Offline Punish3r

• OKgamer Evangelist
  • 1337 Filmmaker
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2008, 11:15:43 pm »
Sure there similar, but they each bring their own thing to the table. AND! Without competition between them, the developers wouldn't have to keep trying new and awesome things to make us buy the next game :D

I have to admit, I played World Tour today at Wal-Mart, and the drum kit is AWESOME. I'm really impressed by it, and I'll probably be getting it to replace my Rock Band one.

Offline BUTL3R

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: Oh Butler
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2008, 04:27:09 pm »
Which Wal-Mart? The one i work at only has the RB drum set up... which i play while on the clock.