Author Topic: Mustang - Plasma Burn / Halo3 - SSBB - SCIV - GoW2 - Jan 24, 2009  (Read 140131 times)

Offline Furyswrath

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
  • SEN ID: furyswrath
  • XBL ID: furyswrath
What:  Plasma Burn
When : January 24th  2pm Registration / Setup & Registration starts at 12:30
Where: Mustang Community Center  SW 59th and Mustang Road West Side of the Road Cant Miss it. Huge Building.
1201 N. Mustang Rd, Mustang Oklahoma
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=1201+N+Mustang+Rd,+Mustang,+OK+73064&sll=35.76867,-96.85015&sspn=1.100885,2.471924&ie=UTF8&t=h&g=1201+N+Mustang+Rd,+Mustang,+OK+73064&ll=35.405247,-97.724891&spn=0.009637,0.019312&z=16

Space May be Limited so Please Pre-Register via this link.
http://www.plasmaburn.net/prereg.php?tourn=1

Facebook share it with your friends, The more people that come the more money you can win!:
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=47437571151

Venue Fee:
$5 per Registration. (One time Fee)

Tournament Fee:
Halo 3 4v4      $20 Person / $80 a Team            -- See Rules Below
Halo 3 FFA      $15 Person                               -- See Rules Below

GoW2 4v4     $20 Person              -- Rules can be found here. Just Obviously ignore dates, and other things that wouldn't apply to us.

Soul Calibur IV    $10  Person        -- Rules can be found Here.
SSBB 1v1           $10  Person        -- Rules can be found Here.

Times:
1:30pm We will Start Halo3 4v4 and SCIV  (maybe SSBB at the same time just depends how many SSBB people register for SCIV right now there are very few registered for both)

Note - registration closes 30 minutes prior to the tournament start time.  Once registration is over there will be no refunds. So plan accordingly.

Halo 3 Rules are as Follows:

Halo 3 4v4 rules:
Double elimination
MLG v5 settings
Best of 3 for preliminary rounds.
Best of 5 for winners finals and losers finals.
Best of 5 for Championship(The victor of the winner finals obviously has to be beat 6 times. Do the math if in question.)
Teams will be seeded base upon the FFA

Gametypes and rules are found here:
http://www.mlgpro.com/Official_Halo_3_Game_Types
http://www.mlgpro.com/Halo_3_Rules

Halo 3 FFA rules:
MLG v5 setting
No kill limit
15 min. time limit
8 people in each game.
Top four advance to next round
Will be played on MLG Amplified

Prizes:
All games use entry fee to go straight to the pot. 
Pot Sizes will be dependent on the amount of people that show up. The more people show the more cash you can win, with an attendee limit of 280 people.

MORE PRIZES COMING SOON!
Additional prizes will be added as I get them in the mail from the Sponsors.

Concessions (Soda/Candy/Chips)  will be also be Available. 

Additional info:
Please be prepared for your event, and bring your equipment and games with you.  This tournament will be different from any other you have been to before.  You will be assigned a Position based on the games you are registered for.  We will be laying the room out so that people that are playing Halo 4v4 & FFA will be sitting near there team and near the FFA folks.

We will have a LCD screen showing bracket information(once I get a breakdown of the Tio software from XA :) ), We will also Have a PA system so we can talk to everyone with out yelling. We are going to do our best at organization at this event.  We are going to get everyone in and out, I know no one likes idle hands. So i will be doing my best to make sure everyone has a place to be, and everyone knows where they need to be.

We will also have members of the Mustang Police Department on hand providing security.   The City of Mustang Nor Plasma Burn.net are not Responsible for Lost or stolen items. Please take care of your own Personal items.   Tip: Label your equipment and put identifying marks on your Disc's, TV's, Consoles and Controllers.

Sponsor(s)

Nova Gaming  Confirmed
Bawls Confirmed Prize packs Being Delivered.
Jinx.com  Confirmed Stickers for everyone and Prize packs.

What you need:
We seriously suggest you bring your own controllers.  We will do our best to have a few extra around, but it's always best to bring your own - less concern about your performance as well  :)

If you can bring hardware, we would appreciate it!  A "Setup" consists of a TV, console, game, and saved data.  TV - 19" or above,  and tv controller if you can't change to input on the front.  For SC and SSBB - FULLY UNLOCKED (SC = all available, SSBB 'more rules' and all 35 characters, and levels), and any controllers would be appreciated, however we encourage people to bring their own.  And of course, the game, console and any required cables.

WANT TO HELP US CAPTURE THE EVENT TO PUT ONLINE?  Bring a VCR or some type of DVD recording device.

***WE RELY ON THE PLAYERS TO BRING ENOUGH HARDWARE -We will cancel a game's tournament if we do not have enough hardware that shows up ON TIME.(We ask hardware to be there typically 20 to 30 minutes before the tournament is set to start, see times.)

We reserve the right on ANY game to make on the spot changes to the tournament rules, such as a change to Single Elimination if there is not enough hardware, or too many people show up ["Too many" only determined by us not having the hardware brought to meet the demand in the time we have - be sure you understand that].  We have to be done no matter what at 9pm as that what the rental of the venue ends, thus the concern.  [Will we change?  Only if we HAVE to.  Hardware and you determine that.]

Now having said all that those are pending sponsors that have shown interests. And Ive follow though with there paperwork that they requested.  I will keep the list up to date as I get confirmations back.

As we get a little closer to the date I will be posting a Link to the new Plasma Burn Pre-registration system.  This system will be offered to other Tournament event throwers free for the 1st tournament. and 5$ for each tournament there after.  PM me for details if you would like to throw and tournament and use the Pre-Registration system. It is set up to accept paypal for those who would like to pre-pay for there spot.

Thanks and I hope to see you there!

-Fury
« Last Edit: January 20, 2009, 10:42:44 pm by furyswrath »

Offline Typ_EX

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
seems like this is very well organized, i'm impressed.

Offline Tatsu

• Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: PSI Tatsuman
I like the sound of this. A lot.

January's a fairly long way away, so I'm not entirely sure, but if circumstances permit, you can count on me being there.

Offline BUTL3R

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: Oh Butler
Yeah 5v5!!!

Offline Furyswrath

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
Yeah 5v5!!!

Its only 5v5 If there is enough people to show up with enough Team-mates.  I kinda agree with godmode that 5 people is alot of equipment and people to be able to team up with.  So it will probably go 4v4.

Offline BUTL3R

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
ugh...

Offline DrViper

• OKgamer Evangelist
  • Check Please
    • View Profile
    • MySpace
Yeah 5v5!!!

Its only 5v5 If there is enough people to show up with enough Team-mates.  I kinda agree with godmode that 5 people is alot of equipment and people to be able to team up with.  So it will probably go 4v4.

I would say pick one or the other now, or soon.  So that the 5th person wont get the shaft once you change it to 4v4 at the last minute.

Offline Furyswrath

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
Yeah 5v5!!!

I would say pick one or the other now, or soon.  So that the 5th person wont get the shaft once you change it to 4v4 at the last minute.

Good Point.  Lemme look into it and I will change it accordingly but Im pretty sure im going to go 4v4

Im also going to change the times.  And Split everything off.    I will have an answer on full start times and registration times on the 24th.

Offline Twitch73

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
I will be there for halo 4v4.
With who i don't know.
"Best Poster in Oklahoma"

Offline BUTL3R

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
Ok well lets try to get it figured out as soon as possible.

Offline Furyswrath

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
Ok well lets try to get it figured out as soon as possible.

LOL as soon as possible? the tournament is more than 2 months away. I think we have some time here.

Offline Michael Jackson

• OKgamer Evangelist
  • PSN ID: Paxmo
    • View Profile
This topic is relevant to my interests.

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
  • Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
  • XBL ID: aXs Skorcher
So is this "Monthly" tournament actually be monthlies? And if so will they be held at HxC when it opens up?
"Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers"
HxC LAN Center

Offline Furyswrath

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
So is this "Monthly" tournament actually be monthlies? And if so will they be held at HxC when it opens up?

If the first ones goes as planned, and your cheaper than 480 bucks for venue then yes we can look at that.  Id like to Hold them at different places across OKC.    Yukon, Mustang, Moore, Midwest City, and Edmond.

Id like hit all around OKC give those a chance that dont want to drive a chance to hit one.  But yes if January goes well we will be doing a Monthly.

Offline BUTL3R

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
actually do 4v4 for GoW 2. I just did a serious 5v5 best of 5 clan match and it took over an hour and a half... it takes way to long. Still really fun, but it takes a while to play out.