Author Topic: Tulsa - Open Board Gaming Sat at Wizard's Asylum - Jan. 17th  (Read 5515 times)

Offline race9

• Business Owner
  • Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
Tulsa - Open Board Gaming Sat at Wizard's Asylum - Jan. 17th
« on: January 04, 2009, 02:27:19 am »
WHEN: roughly 5:00pm-10pm+ Saturday, 17 January 2009.

WHERE: Wizards Asylum in South Tulsa (it's in the strip mall behind Zios).

WHAT: Come join us for our first MID-MONTH Green Country Games session at Wizards Asylum.

All are welcome, though small children should stay home.

If you would like to play War/Conflict games such as Axis & Allies and RISK, we have a public thread on the GCG website for this topic. Please let us know what type of games you would like to play.

Come and play some board games with some of the nicest people in the Tulsa area. We do not care if you are a newbie or a veteran. You are always welcome in our group.

Kevin (race9)   
« Last Edit: January 04, 2009, 02:19:09 pm by race9 »

Offline Splity

• OKgamer Evangelist
  • "My life style, determines my death style"
    • View Profile
Re: Tulsa - Open Board Gaming Sat at Wizard's Asylum - Jan. 17th
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2009, 03:05:33 pm »
People actually have these kinds of things? No offense, its just surprising to me.

Offline race9

• Business Owner
  • Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2009, 05:54:35 pm »
People actually have these kinds of things? No offense, its just surprising to me.
Yes, our group has been getting together for some time now. Sometimes people just want to sit down at a table and play games. You should come out and try it sometime. You are always welcome.

Kevin (race9)

Offline Splity

• OKgamer Evangelist
  • "My life style, determines my death style"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2009, 03:01:28 am »
What games do you guys normally play besides Axis & Allies and Risk?

Offline race9

• Business Owner
  • Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2009, 10:56:21 pm »
What games do you guys normally play besides Axis & Allies and Risk?

Well our group leans more towards Euro Games, but conflict games have been requested recently, so that's why we started the War/Conflict forum.

Here is an idea of the types of games that we play: at our January 3rd session, the group played Kingsburg, Cash & Guns, Nexus Ops, A Game of Thrones, Ra, Rumis and Chicago Express.

In December, we played the classic Dune, Dominion, Stone Age, Municipium and Ghost Stories.

If you're ever in Tulsa on one of our Saturdays, you may want to stop in and check it out.

Kevin (race9)

Offline Rislone

• OKgamers T.O.
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: eighty8keyes
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2009, 09:18:36 pm »
Ticket to Ride - enough said. (my favorite obviously) Risk is close second. (original only)
GT: Eighty8keyes Haloez and anything else I might be playing.

Offline JackMars

• Startin' Out
    • View Profile
    • Online Flash Game Site I play at work
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2009, 10:39:02 pm »
Ticket to Ride - enough said. (my favorite obviously) Risk is close second. (original only)

I played Ticket to Ride recently, and it's good, I'll play it again. Other games I'd be interested in are Red Dragon Inn, Settlers of Catan, Munchkin and Flux.

Offline race9

• Business Owner
  • Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2009, 08:29:44 pm »

I played Ticket to Ride recently, and it's good, I'll play it again. Other games I'd be interested in are Red Dragon Inn, Settlers of Catan, Munchkin and Flux.
Ticket to Ride is OK. A little to Solitaire for me. I have Munchkin, but haven't played it. Red Dragon Inn is on my want list, so if you have a copy, please bring it. Still have not played Settlers, but am definitely up for a game. Flux sounds cool as well. I have Wiz War, which is kind of similar to Flux, so I'll bring that. I'm also planning on bringing Risk: Godstorm and Nexus Ops. The latter is best described as Risk meets A&A, but can be played in under 90 minutes. A great game! Hope to see you there!

Kevin