Author Topic: Oklahoma City - Madden, Gears of War 3, NBA 2k11, MvC3, SSFIV AE, MK9 - 10/1/11  (Read 16561 times)

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
  • Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
  • XBL ID: aXs Skorcher
Re: Oklahoma City - Madden, Gears of War 3, NBA 2k11, MvC3, SSFIV AE, MK9 - 10/1
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2011, 04:09:41 pm »
Okay so is anybody on the forums answering questions? Or what the hells goin on here? I already attended one garbage tournament run by hxc . I'm trying to help people out.

lol i asked you a question on TekkenZaibatsu in the OK thread lol
What thread?? I didnt see it.. what did you ask? what is the link to it?
"Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers"
HxC LAN Center

Offline Animefreak6969

• OKgamer fo' life
  • YUM!
    • View Profile
nah to Raybonekilla man, not you lol

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
nah to Raybonekilla man, not you lol

OH ok.. lol so this event will have lots of new gamers we need to educate them why rules are rules from a competitors point of view because some gamers didnt understand why I couldnt let them bring their 42 inch monitors to the tournament for super street fighter IV
HxC LAN Center

Offline FLIP17

• OKgamer Evangelist
  • THIS IS SWAAAAAGTASTIC
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: Flip17
OH ok.. lol so this event will have lots of new gamers we need to educate them why rules are rules from a competitors point of view because some gamers didnt understand why I couldnt let them bring their 42 inch monitors to the tournament for super street fighter IV

42" monitors?? lag issues??"

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center

42" monitors?? lag issues??"

Exactly so we must educate the new gamers and not make fun of the new gamers.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 01:06:06 am by Timmy Skorcher »
HxC LAN Center

Offline X_A

• X A - Lead OKGamer Evangelist
  • Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • http://okgamers.com
  • SEN ID: XianghuaALPHA
  • XBL ID: XianghuaALPHA
Re: Oklahoma City - Madden, Gears of War 3, NBA 2k11, MvC3, SSFIV AE, MK9 - 10/1
« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2011, 03:06:25 pm »
Okay so is anybody on the forums answering questions? Or what the hells goin on here? I already attended one garbage tournament run by hxc . I'm trying to help people out.

rayBK - We all get frustrated, but please do not go against our Code of Conduct - http://www.okgamers.com/forums/index.php/topic,1071.0.html

While HxC may be really awesome about working with the community?  They STILL fall under the protection of the "No flaming/Ranking" rule.  Let's not "abuse the hand that feeds", eh?

Now - you want to talk constructive criticism - contact HxC privately and offer up your help to make the events better?  And I'm sure they - specifically - would be interested.  They've been looking for more staff.

Please edit your post in the next day or two.

Mods - once he's done that - please clean up the thread.

--

"NOOBS" - can also be an offensive term to anyone that's not 100% into the gaming community all the time / etc.  To be honest, it still kinda catches me off and on as annoying.

How about "New players" - and something along the lines of "...exactly, so we must remember that we ALL STARTED SOMEWHERE, and to be patient when running across a new player, making sure not to make fun of them."

Eh?  EH?!  lol

X A

Oklahoma doesn't have to "suck"
OKGamers.com - spread the word. 
OKgamers.com - our goals

New to the site?  Welcome to OKgamers.com!  Let us know how you found us!

Offline Scotcheroo

• learned the ropes
    • View Profile
Will all the tournaments start at 1:30?

Offline maddog

• Familiar Face
    • View Profile

1.  Just curious as to why there is a venue fee at a barber shop?

2.  Will all the tournaments start at same time

Offline onedirtylei

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
Will hair cuts be included?
"ODLei"

Offline onedirtylei

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 29, 2011, 09:39:42 am »

Tim, on Zaibatsu we are notorious at ignoring people with comments not pertaining to our interests. It's not acceptable for anyone to mirror that sort of behavior anywhere else.
"ODLei"

Offline maddog

• Familiar Face
    • View Profile
I would like to come to this, but just for the Madden tournament, if I knew how it was going to be run, it would definitely make my decision easier.

How many stations are you going to have for Madden and how many entries do you expect?

Thanks

MD

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
Will all the tournaments start at 1:30?
Yelp So if you running late let me know.

1.  Just curious as to why there is a venue fee at a barber shop?

2.  Will all the tournaments start at same time

Because there are fees that need to be paid. I do not own the barber shop. Yes all tournaments will start at the same time and we will use 4 setups for madden as of now if we need to use more we have 16 monitors. If you want to bring an xbox 360 and madden that would help! How many people coming idk but owner of the barber shop said a ton of people have been calling because he posted the sign on Tenth and Air Depot. (its near Tinker AFB) So should be a great turn out.

Also that barber shop has A room that has plenty of space so no you wont be sitting by dudes getting their haircut. Also venue fees why they scare people? IDK but get used to them this is what keeps money in the pot 100% all tournament hoster's have them MLG, KOTC, and even OKGamers because there are expenses that have to be paid and people aint given space for free for everyone. Sponsors will peak their heads in to see how things are going they give hxc money to pass out and order equipment. Lets keep the movement strong.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 04:22:39 pm by Timmy Skorcher »
HxC LAN Center

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
« Reply #42 on: September 29, 2011, 03:56:17 pm »

Tim, on Zaibatsu we are notorious at ignoring people with comments not pertaining to our interests. It's not acceptable for anyone to mirror that sort of behavior anywhere else.

I still dont know what you are talking about.. please realize there is another Tim in this very thread. Timmy Skorcher Tim aka animefreak
HxC LAN Center

Offline onedirtylei

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
Tim (AnimeFreak) knew who I was talking to. You will be referred to as Timmy or in person Timeeeehhhhh!(Southpark reference)
"ODLei"

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
Tim (AnimeFreak) knew who I was talking to. You will be referred to as Timmy or in person Timeeeehhhhh!(Southpark reference)

I love you
HxC LAN Center