Author Topic: locking threads.....  (Read 4157 times)

Offline 23rd_letter_assasin

• Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
  • SEN ID: Tracy_UNO
locking threads.....
« on: December 29, 2011, 08:08:47 pm »
why was my thread locked? i did the one about female gamers.
i guess a gif of Quan Chi's beat down fatality would be against site rules. so picture me standing over you with a mannequin leg waiting for you to look over your shoulder.....

Offline 2AMPd

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: AMP zyx
Re: locking threads.....
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2011, 11:07:41 pm »
Okay, this thread is starting to slip out of control. We get it. The video game industry is sexist, but this threat has gotten there too.

Locked.
What part confuses you?

www.twitter.com.com/OK_Updates

I'mma be what I set out to be, without a doubt undoubtedly And all those who look down on me I'm tearing down your balcony

• Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2011, 03:41:05 pm »
that has nothing to do with me. i made the ♥♥♥♥ to for a different reason. so there is confusion.
i guess a gif of Quan Chi's beat down fatality would be against site rules. so picture me standing over you with a mannequin leg waiting for you to look over your shoulder.....

Offline 2AMPd

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: AMP zyx
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2011, 04:03:40 pm »
It's a controversial topic.

www.twitter.com.com/OK_Updates

I'mma be what I set out to be, without a doubt undoubtedly And all those who look down on me I'm tearing down your balcony

• Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2011, 07:35:52 pm »
controversy at its basic definition is an argument. so i get that. i just didnt think the argument they were having was that bad to lock the whole thing down.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 07:43:09 pm by 23rd_letter_assasin »

Offline rev

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2011, 01:38:24 am »
Not so much the controversy but the bashing of females capabilities in playing games is what killed the thread.  went from the curiosity of what caused the small population of female gamers to gain interest in gaming (legitimate topic) to Omg, girls suck at gaming, el oh el (not ok on this forum).

Hope that clears it up.

Offline Paradox

• Familiar Face
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2011, 02:38:10 am »
That doesn't clear that up cause nobody said that.

• Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2011, 12:43:48 pm »
That doesn't clear that up cause nobody said that.

i guess the implication is more dangerous than the actual act.

i mean i know why they locked it down and understand the logic. rev said it best when he mentioned the level of where it was going is not ok for this site. 

other sites would like the argument to keep going bc other people will chime in as long as its an issue. in this case it was the same 3 people which can get annoying.

Offline rev

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2011, 07:30:41 pm »
While I too wish the site were a little more liberal on what is allowed on the forum, it is meant to be family friendly and to encourage local community, not discourage it by talking down about groups of people.  The way the conversation was going could potentially keep female gamers who stalk the forum from contributing or becoming more active in the community because they would think that people associated with okgamers think poorly of female gaming.

Interesting as it may to see female gamers contribute to the conversation to give their input, the conversation overall was counter productive.

Offline ThirdMarioBro

• OKgamers T.O.
  • Familiar Face
    • View Profile
    • GamesAreEvil
  • SEN ID: ThirdMarioBro
  • XBL ID: ThirdMarioBro
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2012, 01:13:08 am »
Exactly. Couldn't have said it better. We're trying to build bridges here, not fall into the same trap of drawing lines between genders.

Also, please don't start threads discussing why every locked thread was shut down, though feel free to discuss it with the mods if you feel a decision was unfair.

• Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2012, 07:15:58 pm »
thanks for the info. next time i'll know to ask the mods.

Offline mmmapplesauce

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: mmapplesauce321
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2012, 03:05:37 pm »
Rev how you so smarts?!?!

Offline Michael Jackson

• OKgamer Evangelist
  • PSN ID: Paxmo
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2012, 08:38:00 pm »
Not so much the controversy but the bashing of females capabilities in playing games is what killed the thread.  went from the curiosity of what caused the small population of female gamers to gain interest in gaming (legitimate topic) to Omg, girls suck at gaming, el oh el (not ok on this forum).

Hope that clears it up.

...but you're a [female canine reference here] and I can whoop your [reference to simians] [reference to the gluteus maximus] in games ALL DAY ERR DAY.

What'cho gots ta say to that!?

Offline rev

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2012, 10:49:25 am »
Wha... *blank stare and drool*