Author Topic: Norman- OH SNAP 5 Oklahoma's Biggest and Baddest Brawl Tournament- Aug. 14-15  (Read 6794 times)

FattyFatFatso

This is officially, Oklahoma's biggest organized Brawl tournament. We will be bringing in some of the best players in the country including Dojo and Ultimate Razer from Texas! Other out of staters such as Kansas and Louisiana are also coming! Let's show those out of staters what Oklahoma is made of! Don't forget to pre-register!

For the MAIN PAGE

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=7612199
« Last Edit: August 16, 2009, 09:26:52 pm by furyswrath »

jetceratops

Sounds Good

Offline SarsPirate

• Startin' Out
    • View Profile
Just a quick note:

Over 50 out of state players have either verbally confirmed to me or confirmed on the internet that they are coming.  This is a two day tournament event, and you will definitely get your money's worth.  As it stands, the best players from the entire southwest are willing to come and compete, and we need more representation from Oklahoma so that we can take away as many podium spots as possible.

This tourney is designed to be as fun as possible for everyone participating, please pre-register by contacting us on smashboards. 

=D

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
  • Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
  • XBL ID: aXs Skorcher
Just a quick note:

Over 50 out of state players have either verbally confirmed to me or confirmed on the internet that they are coming.  This is a two day tournament event, and you will definitely get your money's worth.  As it stands, the best players from the entire southwest are willing to come and compete, and we need more representation from Oklahoma so that we can take away as many podium spots as possible.

This tourney is designed to be as fun as possible for everyone participating, please pre-register by contacting us on smashboards. 

=D

Podium spots? What do you mean?
Hardcore LAN Center Staff will be there passing out our flyers and okgamers.com flyers
"Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers"
HxC LAN Center

Offline LionHeart9999

• OKgamers Supporters
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
1st place, 2nd place, and 3rd place. Maybe more  ???

Offline Sk8_to_die

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
Just asking:

Can we just go in there to watch ?
Epic battles of Smash are always fun to watch, ^^

Offline SarsPirate

• Startin' Out
    • View Profile
Yeah, but you will have to pay the entry fee though :X

One time fee though, and you get to friendly with everyone there too, just can't play for money is all. 

Offline X_A

• X A - Lead OKGamer Evangelist
  • Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • http://okgamers.com
  • SEN ID: XianghuaALPHA
  • XBL ID: XianghuaALPHA

Hey guys, looks like I am confirmed to get down there, just need to verify somewhere to crash.

X A

Oklahoma doesn't have to "suck"
OKGamers.com - spread the word. 
OKgamers.com - our goals

New to the site?  Welcome to OKgamers.com!  Let us know how you found us!

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
What time friday do you need us to bring tvs?
HxC LAN Center

Offline Marluxia123

• Startin' Out
    • View Profile
yo timmy dis xS8Kx Keyblade u need a wii i could bring one and a couple of gamecube controllers

Offline X_A

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile

Well, staff have pointed out that we are receiving zero publicity / notice on the fact we were helping out with OHSNAP - so it looks like you've lost the staff help.  And well, afterall they do work for free to see OKgamers advanced, and if we aren't getting any mention, I really don't have much to pursuade them into anything.

X A

OKgamers.com - our goals

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
yo timmy dis xS8Kx Keyblade u need a wii i could bring one and a couple of gamecube controllers

Yes bring it.. but this is not an HxC LAN Center event. BUT it is a okgamers.com community tournament. We will try to bring at least 8 tvs.. pushing for 10
HxC LAN Center

Offline po pimpus

• learned the ropes
    • View Profile
@X_A: Well, that stinks... I guess that's what happens when no one other than Po checks the threads/posts here. I'm not in charge of anything, so I can't say whats happening on the planning side of things. Still, it WILL be a huge event, and I hope that you will at least come down to promote the site.

@Timmy: Again, I'm not in charge, but I believe doors open at 10-11AM Friday, so try to be there around that time. We REALLY appreciate the TV support. Do you guys have any WIIs to go with those screens? I think we may have enough WIIs to cover any naked TVs you bring.

Also, I plan on bringing BlazBlue and a few other 2D Fighters if anyone is interested. However, I cannot bring my PS3, so if someone could bring theirs I would greatly appreciate it.

Can't wait to see everyone there. GET HYPE!!

Offline X_A

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile

Po - Well, I know there were at least 2 people planning it.  I made it clear early on, I believe to both but for sure to one, the importance of us getting on the promo thread, etc.  I guess they either didn't have the time, or something fell through, etc.  I can hope Timmy or other locals can help promote to the players the existance of the site, but we've found the people who show UP to the events usually already know of us / have heard; we get alot of promo mileage out of the actual threads, flyers, etc.  All I know is things didn't go down, so asking a mainly Halo based staff to help out isn't fair if OKg didn't get what we asked for.

I think we'll be pushing for a 'standard' and form for official OKg help / etc to help avoid any issues in the future!

After traveling and seeing an area with zero OKg influence run an event - let me just say:
 - SIGNAGE, SIGNAGE, SIGNAGE!  Keep those rules clear eh?
 - Have neutral / non-playing people there to keep the event running on time and smoothly, and pushing people to setups
 - Use ALL of TIO - tournament brackets and stations.  After watching an event try and run without active Station use, I just want to remind anyone - use that feature!@

Hope the event runs well!

X A

OKgamers.com - our goals

Offline Furyswrath

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
  • SEN ID: furyswrath
  • XBL ID: furyswrath

Po - Well, I know there were at least 2 people planning it.  I made it clear early on, I believe to both but for sure to one, the importance of us getting on the promo thread, etc.  I guess they either didn't have the time, or something fell through, etc.  I can hope Timmy or other locals can help promote to the players the existance of the site, but we've found the people who show UP to the events usually already know of us / have heard; we get alot of promo mileage out of the actual threads, flyers, etc.  All I know is things didn't go down, so asking a mainly Halo based staff to help out isn't fair if OKg didn't get what we asked for.

I think we'll be pushing for a 'standard' and form for official OKg help / etc to help avoid any issues in the future!

After traveling and seeing an area with zero OKg influence run an event - let me just say:
 - SIGNAGE, SIGNAGE, SIGNAGE!  Keep those rules clear eh?
 - Have neutral / non-playing people there to keep the event running on time and smoothly, and pushing people to setups
 - Use ALL of TIO - tournament brackets and stations.  After watching an event try and run without active Station use, I just want to remind anyone - use that feature!@

Hope the event runs well!

X A

I will do my best to show up this weekend, Wear my shirt and help where needed... But I didnt know we where helping with this, Else id probably of been a little bit more actively involved with the thread. Cant make any promises though that I can make it.  I have other plans this weekend as well.