Author Topic: PTD Magazine is looking for gamers to sponsor  (Read 7271 times)

Offline loriencfau

• Media Mogul
  • OKgamer Evangelist
  • I'm the best, but you're cool too.
    • View Profile
    • Metroglow Magazine
PTD Magazine is looking for gamers to sponsor
« on: August 23, 2008, 12:18:53 pm »
Hey people,

In case you aren't tracking our thread in the Events forum, we announced today that we're going to begin scouting players for an OK-based pro gaming team. More details in that thread.
Metroglow Magazine - Oklahoma City’s #1 independent entertainment magazine. Updated daily at 1PM

slipknot0129

Re: PTD Magazine is looking for gamers to sponsor
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2008, 03:24:24 pm »
i dont know anybody good in oklahoma.

Offline AfroTastic

• OKgamers Supporters
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2008, 04:04:25 pm »
PTD now has my full attention ;D ;D

Offline X_A

• X A - Lead OKGamer Evangelist
  • Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • http://okgamers.com
  • SEN ID: XianghuaALPHA
  • XBL ID: XianghuaALPHA
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2008, 06:38:51 pm »
i dont know anybody good in oklahoma.

Don't be irresponsible with your posts. 

First - they haven't even said what games, so where do you get off making such an open ended statement?

Second - how much have you travelled for any game to make such judgements on any levels? 

I understand if you think your really good in one game or another, but this post on this thread is totally spam, and spam is not tolerated in local players.

X A

Oklahoma doesn't have to "suck"
OKGamers.com - spread the word. 
OKgamers.com - our goals

New to the site?  Welcome to OKgamers.com!  Let us know how you found us!

Offline Oo HyPn07iC oO

• OKgamers Supporters
  • OKgamer Evangelist
  • Casey.....Its not easy being your daddy........
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2008, 08:43:53 pm »
X A...dont listen to him...he hasnt been to ANY tourney for ANY game he just trolls your site and posts ignorant comments. youre gonna have to "mute" him
Im not Sick......IM ILL...

Offline loriencfau

• Media Mogul
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
    • Metroglow Magazine
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2008, 09:45:39 pm »
PTD now has my full attention ;D ;D

Now that I have your attention, let's get the ball rolling on this one. ;-)

The thought right now is that PTD Magazine is going to be hosting a series of four tournaments to decide which Oklahoma players we will sponsor.  The tournaments will be free, and we'll do two in OKC and two in Tulsa.  We'll be looking for a 4-man team for Halo 3 and a single player for Super Smash Brothers Brawl.

Once we've determined who's who, we'll be paying entry fees and transportation for the gaming circuit in 2009.  All winnings will be kept by the players as well.

We expect to begin our first tournament in December, so keep your browser tuned to PTD Magazine for more information.  You can sign up for email updates (on the top-right column of each page) for spam-free info as we post it.
Metroglow Magazine - Oklahoma City’s #1 independent entertainment magazine. Updated daily at 1PM

Offline Hero Z

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2008, 12:49:23 am »
what about gears? I mean that is a big thing in Oklahoma aswell, I could give you the best of Oklahoma Gears Team
Team: Hero's Terriable
Hero=Random
Aerials=Kid
Godmode and Red Men=Brains

"Hero and I have the only semi-pro or better placing in the state in gears of war... " Red Men

Offline loriencfau

• Media Mogul
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
    • Metroglow Magazine
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2008, 10:03:50 am »
what about gears? I mean that is a big thing in Oklahoma aswell, I could give you the best of Oklahoma Gears Team

We would love to sponsor a ton of games, but we've got to go with the games with the biggest punch for the first season to make sure we're not insane.  It's possible that we're all stark-raving mad.

Offline Hero Z

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2008, 11:59:16 am »
There a ton of gears things and Such as MLG is a big fan of Gears, Gears broke the all time high for fans at Tornto, Gears> Halo 3. But If you do Chose for Gears, The Best Team in Oklahoma For Gears is FYC Red Men, Oh My Godmode, Hero, and Aeirals
Team: Hero's Terriable
Hero=Random
Aerials=Kid
Godmode and Red Men=Brains

"Hero and I have the only semi-pro or better placing in the state in gears of war... " Red Men

Offline Sk8_to_die

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2008, 04:27:11 pm »
Well if your lookin for best team in oklahoma. Look no further.

Talk to The Oklahomies. Lol.

Offline X_A

• X A - Lead OKGamer Evangelist
  • Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • http://okgamers.com
  • SEN ID: XianghuaALPHA
  • XBL ID: XianghuaALPHA
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2008, 06:43:55 pm »

GoW? MUA HA HA HAH A!@#  Funny.  It loses to 2 other FPS's in it's own class, and I think SC4 in OK could take it if you take the classes out; and that's only after H3 and SSBB have handed it it's bottom.  TOO GOOD THOUGH!  lol  (In all seriousness, GoW has cut it's own throat not showing up to events, etc.  We'll see if Jenks changes that, but doubtful.)

Anyway - PTD Magazine has discussed with consultants on what games to go with, and how to attain the best players in OK for those games.  They should be ready shortly to post more, and let's just say the first event starts in December - get ready.

X A

Oklahoma doesn't have to "suck"
OKGamers.com - spread the word. 
OKgamers.com - our goals

New to the site?  Welcome to OKgamers.com!  Let us know how you found us!

slipknot0129

« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2008, 07:03:30 pm »
gears of war is the best game ever.

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
  • Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
  • XBL ID: aXs Skorcher
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2008, 11:15:39 am »

GoW? MUA HA HA HAH A!@#  Funny.  It loses to 2 other FPS's in it's own class, and I think SC4 in OK could take it if you take the classes out; and that's only after H3 and SSBB have handed it it's bottom.  TOO GOOD THOUGH!  lol  (In all seriousness, GoW has cut it's own throat not showing up to events, etc.  We'll see if Jenks changes that, but doubtful.)

Anyway - PTD Magazine has discussed with consultants on what games to go with, and how to attain the best players in OK for those games.  They should be ready shortly to post more, and let's just say the first event starts in December - get ready.

X A

Awesome GOOD Stuff! Its going to be fun working with PTD
"Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers"
HxC LAN Center

Offline TH3 R3LIGION

• OKgamer Evangelist
  • No XBL FR
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2008, 12:51:49 pm »
There a ton of gears things and Such as MLG is a big fan of Gears, Gears broke the all time high for fans at Tornto, Gears> Halo 3. But If you do Chose for Gears, The Best Team in Oklahoma For Gears is FYC Red Men, Oh My Godmode, Hero, and Aeirals

So your saying the counted the number of fans that went to watch gears? Or your saying that bc of gears they broke the record? OR maybe, just maybe the attendance record was broken BCIT WAS HELD AT A GIGANTIC GAMING/ANIME CONVENTION IT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH GEARS.

Im sorry to tell you this since you obviously dont get it. Gears is not a flagship game, never has been and probably never will be, we will se with GoW2 but right now just stay in your little corner
DO NOT SEND ME A FR UNLESS I KNOW YOU PERSONALLY

SEMI-PROS ARE HORRIBAD

Offline loriencfau

• Media Mogul
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
    • Metroglow Magazine
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2008, 11:55:57 am »

So your saying the counted the number of fans that went to watch gears? Or your saying that bc of gears they broke the record? OR maybe, just maybe the attendance record was broken BCIT WAS HELD AT A GIGANTIC GAMING/ANIME CONVENTION IT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH GEARS.

Im sorry to tell you this since you obviously dont get it. Gears is not a flagship game, never has been and probably never will be, we will se with GoW2 but right now just stay in your little corner

Boys, boys.  Settle down, we can solve this in an adult fashion ...

((hands out two bloodied Lancers))

Alright now, the rest should take care of itself ...