Author Topic: OKgamers EARLY PREVIEW - Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2  (Read 3940 times)

Offline X_A

• X A - Lead OKGamer Evangelist
  • Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • http://okgamers.com
  • SEN ID: XianghuaALPHA
  • XBL ID: XianghuaALPHA
OKgamers EARLY PREVIEW - Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2
« on: November 06, 2009, 01:21:01 am »
So - if you didn't know already - OKgamers will be out at Best Buy to help with their MW2 Midnight Launch!  Awesome stuff happening - Best Buy Challenges OKgamers?  Free swag?!
http://www.okgamers.com/forums/index.php/topic,2649.0.html

COME OUT AND JOIN OKGAMERS AT BEST BUY'S MIDNIGHT LAUNCH!!!

Anyone that is in Oklahoma that uses this site - and considers themselves "some of the best COD players" in the Tulsa area - come on out and represent OKgamers and being the best!@#   

Best Buy has it's best coming in through employee's etc - CHALLENGE IS THROWN DOWN - WHO WILL WIN?!@

--

Anyway - while at Best Buy to plan out the details of the event...

...I got to play Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2.  :)

Short story shorter:

Competitive play had 16 maps, starting out with Afganistan and getting into places like Brazil and fun European area's.  From CQC to sniper field central, these maps were beautifl, and felt like they had a lot of polish.  I didn't rep HARD for my COD OKgamers friends - I'm hoping you guys show up to Best Buy and prove that we are indeed hardcore at this!  ( no one wanted to play fighting games ;) )

Campaign - I only got to watch a few minutes of - but once again - BEAUTIFUL.  The opening animation was pretty, and made the grown men in the room ohh and ahh like we were but babes.  Truly, this game...

The biggest awesomeness - Special Ops.  It seemed to have a handful at first, then you realize that the handful of initial options had 10 or more options under that - oh - yes.

Special Ops seemingly built for fun short play, really did add to the game for me.  The few we played - a training style shooting terrorists vs civilian, and then a "3 waves of baddies in white" ala "Red Dawn got in my COD", were great.  My greatest joy from that?  Two terrorists cross - one sniper bullet finishes both.  Ahh, splatter.

--

My opinion?  I'm a casual shooter, and enjoyed MW, playing it through with my good friend.  We'd play through MW2 eventually, but with budgeting and all, even I was questioning whether or not I'd be buying it at the Midnight release...

...then I played it tonight.  Monday?  I'm buying this game.

X A

Oklahoma doesn't have to "suck"
OKGamers.com - spread the word. 
OKgamers.com - our goals

New to the site?  Welcome to OKgamers.com!  Let us know how you found us!

Offline SeenNotScene

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
Re: OKgamers EARLY PREVIEW - Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2009, 03:21:03 pm »
I wish I lived in Tulsa  :'(

Offline Furyswrath

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
  • SEN ID: furyswrath
  • XBL ID: furyswrath
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2009, 04:13:13 pm »

LOL

Dude... We always looking for OKC help.  If Id had more OKC we could of done the SAME thing here in OKC. I work Night shift and there is alot going on this month I couldn't take off for everything.  And Help wise from OKGamers is pretty much me here in OKC.  So Unless we get some more Active OKC team members or OKC Misses out on alot of events.  X_A Cant do everything for us.  We are Lacking on Volunteers in the OKC area.  Hint.. Hint...

Offline X_A

• X A - Lead OKGamer Evangelist
  • Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • http://okgamers.com
  • SEN ID: XianghuaALPHA
  • XBL ID: XianghuaALPHA
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2009, 01:12:54 am »

Actually can't guarantee the EXACT same thing this time.  But if the Tulsa event goes REALLY WELL - I can see the OKC store following suit - it just comes down to the success of next week. (Working on getting permission to have OKgamers out there and passing out flyers and tickets.  Will update main thread when I know more.)

Wow, and that's the exact same thing that's going down with the 2012 promotion :)  Heh.

Big turn outs / interests = way more PREVIEWS, both games, movies, etc for OKgamers to pass along to Oklahoma gamers.  Please, spread the word.

--

Fury is also VERY right - we are underpowered in OKC - he needs help, and that's the truth - if your serious about helping to improve OK - and oh yea get some benefits along the way?  Join up!

X A

Oklahoma doesn't have to "suck"
OKGamers.com - spread the word. 
OKgamers.com - our goals

New to the site?  Welcome to OKgamers.com!  Let us know how you found us!

Offline SeenNotScene

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2009, 09:02:16 am »

LOL

Dude... We always looking for OKC help.  If Id had more OKC we could of done the SAME thing here in OKC. I work Night shift and there is alot going on this month I couldn't take off for everything.  And Help wise from OKGamers is pretty much me here in OKC.  So Unless we get some more Active OKC team members or OKC Misses out on alot of events.  X_A Cant do everything for us.  We are Lacking on Volunteers in the OKC area.  Hint.. Hint...

Well since I've joined I've been pretty active, I actually visit the site nearly everyday, it's been a little slow here at AT&T lately lol

I'd be happy to help!  Let me know what i can do to get OKC more active, we could certainly use it!

Offline Furyswrath

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
  • SEN ID: furyswrath
  • XBL ID: furyswrath
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2009, 08:15:49 pm »

LOL

Well since I've joined I've been pretty active, I actually visit the site nearly everyday, it's been a little slow here at AT&T lately lol

I'd be happy to help!  Let me know what i can do to get OKC more active, we could certainly use it!

Check this out and Sign up.

http://www.okgamers.com/forums/index.php/topic,2510.0.html