Author Topic: The Old Republic!  (Read 4549 times)

Offline SeenNotScene

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
The Old Republic!
« on: March 10, 2011, 06:06:13 pm »
Hey all, who plans on getting Star Wars: The Old Republic when(?) it comes out?  The official site just started allowing people to create guilds. 

I haven't played WoW in a couple years but this game will likely get me back into the MMO.

Planning on having my first character be a smuggler with the Republic.

Anyone else excited about this game? 

Offline jahoo

• Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
Re: The Old Republic!
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2011, 12:19:01 pm »
Very excited!  Hadmy bid in for a beta for a while but no luck yet. 

Offline Carpetbob

• Startin' Out
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: CArPEtBoB94
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2011, 09:07:47 pm »
Definitely going to play it as soon as it comes out.
I can't decide between, Trooper or Jedi Guardian.

Offline mstover

• Startin' Out
    • View Profile
    • My Little Shutterbug
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2011, 11:02:19 am »
I am sure I will be right in the thick of it. Hubby is already VERY excited about it.

Offline DragonsfistIV

• Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: Dragonsfist IV
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2011, 10:48:35 pm »
Oh yea, Ill give it a try.
There are tons of old things Ill wish it had like SWG, but oh well X_x.
I played SWg some, for a year or two off and on through out the first few years it was up.
I thought the community aspect of it was the best a MMO has seen yet.  I dont see how other MMOs dont see it.
Its just waiting to be tapped, especially with how socially connected everyone is now.

I'm a bit jaded at their beta bull shiz they pulled, They opened up beta invites to the public literally two years ago.
June of 2009, they were advertising "Beta Sign up!"   two years ago X_x.   And they still havent opened up public beta.

Opening up public beta invites kind of led me to believe that public beta invites might be handed out in the somewhat near future.   Rofl, boy was that wrong.  its still pretty closed beta.    I'm convinced they did it for free advertising.  not because they were ready to give out public beta invites. 
Street Fighter IV.
World of Warcraft.
I've been creating MOD Content since WolfED.exe and DoomED.exe.  Love to learn Maya and Zbrush also.

Offline Trinculo

• Startin' Out
    • View Profile
  • SEN ID: Antisoclmmogmr
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2011, 06:23:38 pm »
Yes, I'm hoping this fills the void that Star Wars Galaxies created with the NGE and CU.  I'll probably get the collectors edition of this game for mstover and myself; we normally don't do that but we're die hard Star Wars fans and I think the hype has me sold on any extras they offer.

We're Imperial for life so Imperial Agent will likely be my first class  ;)

Offline GNRSlashfan

• Familiar Face
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2011, 10:59:37 pm »
The word is that there will NOT be a public beta for swtor.  They will gradually keep inviting people into the beta as the game nears release.

I just got into the beta a few days ago and it's pretty freakin' fun.  If anyone else is playing let me know, we can group up and go through the story together.

Offline Sysyphus300021

• Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
  • SEN ID: sysyphus300021
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2011, 12:20:51 pm »
We should all pick a server to play on. We can start of Guild.

Offline SeenNotScene

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2011, 07:18:49 pm »
Well if you guys are interested, feel free to check out my guild Army of Ancients.  I've been a guild leader in Rift for some time now, and about ten of us have agreed to move to TOR when the time comes.  Any are welcome, I would say though that it is a more adult oriented guild, with talk about drinking and probably other inappropriate topics for younger players.  When you sign up for a guild it will automatically chose your server, and as soon as you log in it will confirm the guild invite.  It would be cool to get to know some more players from Oklahoma, please apply if you're interested!

http://www.swtor.com/guilds/145295/army-ancients

Offline Sysyphus300021

• Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
  • SEN ID: sysyphus300021
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2011, 08:12:15 pm »
Thanks for invite. Going to join now. Just need to wait for the game to release.

Offline DragonsfistIV

• Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: Dragonsfist IV
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2012, 01:16:23 am »
well, sorry to speak negatively.
but I was excessively unimpressed with almost every catagory of design in SWTOR.
the graphics were ok.  that was the best I left with.

the first ten levels of my jedi basically consisted of
"this entire city / zone is full of padawan that are failing to even do this trivial stuff"
"the first zones full of shark people" "we are basically invading their lands, but thats ok".
contradicted by "our ancient temple is here"   etc etc etc.
capped of with, by level ten "wow you are the greatest, (why im not sure, I guess I pwnd some lvl 4 shark people).
"So great, join the jedi master council" etc etc.

I shouldnt complain, but it was horibad.

I mean.. if you can ignore all logic and just swollow what ever random story they chucked up to fill in the zone.
and dull progression, and basically only one type of quest, "Go mow your way down this long hallway".
by level 10 I was so horribly bored of Tarealious or what ever, I was glad to change zones for corillea.
but that zone was even more bland.   (The graphics were theme'd correcltly almost, I guess). but it was just hallways and hallways of running.

My friends soaked it up and say its good.
I couldn't get past 20 on any of my classes.

Sadly, it fills zero voids that SWG had.
Street Fighter IV.
World of Warcraft.
I've been creating MOD Content since WolfED.exe and DoomED.exe.  Love to learn Maya and Zbrush also.