Author Topic: Tulsa - Minicon 6 (Naruto 4 / DDR / GH / SSBM / GGXX / SC2,SC3 ) - 8/4/07  (Read 11718 times)

Offline X_A

• X A - Lead OKGamer Evangelist
  • Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • http://okgamers.com
  • SEN ID: XianghuaALPHA
  • XBL ID: XianghuaALPHA

Minicon 6 is OVER!  That's right - but let us know your thoughts, and how much fun you had in the aftermath part here -

http://www.okgamers.com/forums/index.php?topic=676.msg5621#msg5621

And remember to spread the word about OKgamers.com - the only way it'll ever become useful is by gamers working to get the word out, and businesses knowing gamers actually use it!

--

That's right - Minicon, an Anime convention with gaming in mind, is back again! 

Tournament Times:

12pm - Halo 2 - FFA

1pm - GGXX

2pm - Guitar Hero 2 - dueling

3pm - Soul Calibur 2

4pm - DDR

5pm - Soul Calibur 3

7pm - SSBM

8:30pm - Naruto 4

[10ish / 11ish - impromptu tournament.  Aka, we'll be up to throwing together whatever there's interest in, etc]

Will be open from 1130am, till 20 minutes before the tournament start.  We'll be as flexible as we can, but will stick to tournament times as closely as possible!

Tournament Cost:
Event Entry - which for a limited time you can get at a discounted rate, check out www.myspace.com/tulsaminicon for more info!

3$ - Halo 2
free - GGXX
3$ - Guitar Hero 2
free - Soul Calibur 2
3$ - DDR
3$ - Soul Calibur 3
3$ - SSBM
3$ - Naruto 4

Prizes:
Top placers will get a gift bag from TCC, related prizes from Wizards Asylum, and for the games we have entry fees for, we'll use the entry fees to create a pot.  And we may have more!

Rules:

Halo 2 - based off MLG shortened rules  - xbox [may use 360's ONLY if they pass testing on speeds, probably will stick to normal xbox]
GGXX - single elim, 2 out of 3 matches
Guitar Hero 2 - BRING HEADPHONES, dueling, normal then hard for finals - PS2 version [should have GH2 on free play most of the day]
Soul Calibur 2 - single elim, 2 out of 3 matches - PS2
DDR - Dueling
Soul Calibur 3 - double elim, 2 out of 3 matches**, no bonus / create-a-characters - PS2, not arcade version
Naruto 4 - 2 out of 3, 90 seconds, damage 2, Itachi & One Tail banned - GC import version
SSBM - pool play top 2 advance, once we have 8 people finalists we'll do 1v1.  Double elim**, no items, tourny levels only, 4 lives to start, 7 for finals

**We reserve the right to make any tournament single elimination if we have more than 32 people show up, or have less than 3 setups for said game.  We'll do our best to keep the games both fun for competitors, and not too long.**

We will DO OUR BEST to have all these games, as well as alot more games, available for free play when we are not having tournaments!  SO COME OUT AND HAVE FUN!

Additional notes:
FEEL FREE TO BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLERS - in fact we encourage it!  Please mark any property you are planning on bringing.

Yes - we will do our best to have people playing in more than one tournament taken care of.

No - we will not change any rules, unless there is a 100% agreement from the players present, we do this to assure quality in the event.

Yes - I'm playing in the SC matches ;)

--

Not only these games, but MANY more will be available for freeplay during the day as well! 

August 4th, Saturday - will be the day, the Tulsa Fair Grounds will be the place!  Spread the word, and we'll see you then!

Need directions?  Have questions about the con?  Go to the source!

Check out www.myspace.com/tulsaminicon for more info!

X A

« Last Edit: August 05, 2007, 07:45:55 pm by X_A »
Oklahoma doesn't have to "suck"
OKGamers.com - spread the word. 
OKgamers.com - our goals

New to the site?  Welcome to OKgamers.com!  Let us know how you found us!

Offline Typ_EX

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
hm, i wonder if anybody from okc is goin to be there.  Else, I look forward to showing what could be perhaps the tip of the iceberg to fellow tulsans (I can't do advanced techniques worth crap).
« Last Edit: July 14, 2007, 03:11:52 pm by xFr3nLixPhYr3x »

Offline X_A

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile

If they are anime fans - then there's a strong possiblity.

Tip of the iceburg?  Are you bringing a really good friend then?  lool

X A

OKgamers.com - our goals

Offline Typ_EX

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
Nope, sorry to say i am the tip of the iceberg.  everybody in okc can own me, thus my review of the people here.

Amazon03

So I totally had a what I can only explain as an anigamegasm. Yeah, that pretty much sums up my feelings on this.

Offline X_A

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
So I totally had a what I can only explain as an anigamegasm. Yeah, that pretty much sums up my feelings on this.

lol - glad we can help?  lol

One GOOD thing, no matter what - that has come from OKgamers - is that since I'll "do whatever it takes to get the word out about the site" - I sign up for a stupid amount of responsiblities - aka, helping to run gaming at 2 conventions, and alot more -_-;;

...leaving the good thing?  To be that we help out businesses and events to actually HAVE more happening.  It's a bi-product, but it at least makes you happy right?  :)  lol, it seems like this Minicon - we'll really be able to advertise alot too - we've got our OKgamers banner to hang, and I'll have to get more flyers out, etc.  So - hopefully this year we'll REALLY make a impact, and the site'll become a even more well known resource.

X A

OKgamers.com - our goals

Offline X_A

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile

Information updated - see above!

X A

OKgamers.com - our goals

Offline Typ_EX

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
so this $3 is just for using the fairgrounds?

Offline X_A

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
did you read the WHOLE thread?
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2007, 10:14:57 am »
so this $3 is just for using the fairgrounds?

As it states under prizes, any $3 charged goes towards a pot for each game that is used to create prizes.  The "fairgrounds" cost is also factored into entry. 

X A

OKgamers.com - our goals

Offline Synesthesia

• Startin' Out
  • Man I got these cheeseburgers, man.
    • View Profile
Saif u know by playing ur automatically going to be in the top group. in SC2 or SC3. Ill do my best to be there. Thats if I quit my job by then. we'll see what happens. but I want to mitsu poke hardcore on the 4th. >:(

Offline blindsamurai

• OKgamers Supporters
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: xgcx casper
will you know im going for thr SC2 and SC3

Offline X_A

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
Saif u know by playing ur automatically going to be in the top group. in SC2 or SC3. Ill do my best to be there. Thats if I quit my job by then. we'll see what happens. but I want to mitsu poke hardcore on the 4th. >:(

I'm... not sure who you are!  :)  Give me a vowel or somethin, I don't remember your handle :)

Question from the okgamers.com Contact form:
Comments: I am just curious about the GH2 tournament coming up on the 4th at Minicon.  I understand that the only difficulties will be medium and hard, is this a showmanship tournament then? Do we need to try to get a high score, or look good rockin' out? Also, will we play standing or sitting down, just out of curiosity. Will X-Box 360 players get/need a chance to practice with PS2 controllers, or are they the same? And what are the criteria for song selection?  Sorry this is so long winded, but thank you for your response.

This is a duel based tournament - so yea, points not rocking ;)  There will be no judges like the tournaments Joe Momma's hosts, etc. [Speaking of which is TOMORROW AHH!@#]

We should have plenty of seats, but I suspect you'll stand.

And - as I've noted above, we'll do our best to have GH2 ps2 version set up for free play through out the day, like everything else.  [Soul Calibur 2 might get shelved, or SC3 for a bit, GGXX after the tourny, etc to free up consoles...  We'll do our best to keep everything really popular going!]

**update** there is a SLIGHT chance we'll also have GH2 on the 360 setup, so we'll see!

X A

OKgamers.com - our goals

Offline LGPxSTEEEL

• OKgamers Supporters
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
yo... uhm... what time should me and my boy be there? to set up.. ect.

annnddd... where is this place....? lol

Offline Typ_EX

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
yo... uhm... what time should me and my boy be there? to set up.. ect.

annnddd... where is this place....? lol

You haven't been to the tulsa fair?  Although, it has declined over the years so I couldn't blame you.

Amazon03

So, why don't I see any mention of Tekken at this event??

p.s. I heard Saif totally sucks at Soul Calibur.