Author Topic: The New OKgamers.com - Dedicated to Big Game Hunting in Oklahoma! AKA die FPS :)  (Read 5750 times)

Offline X_A

• X A - Lead OKGamer Evangelist
  • Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • http://okgamers.com
  • SEN ID: XianghuaALPHA
  • XBL ID: XianghuaALPHA

It was a tough decision, but after so much stress and drama brought about by the console FPS community (theiving and horrible Halo players mainly, but flaky GoW and lame-♥♥♥♥ CoD players did their fair share too), I've decided to move OKgamers to my other passion, Big Game hunting!

As a web designer I get the rare opportunity to work with many groups of businesses and people.  When I started working on Jeff C Neal.com last year I was opened up to the wonderful world of Big Game hunting!  Not only are the guns cool, but the thrill of the hunt is un-compariable to lame FPS's, or anything else I'd ever played.

My love of hunting, and a great Big game url already owned - I've decided to switch the purpose over to alot less stressful group of people!  Gamers in Oklahoma have proven to be too useless and lazy anyway, the 1% of them that actually do anything to help out simply aren't enough to make a difference.  The hunting community is very gunho about this idea, and I've already recieved rave reviews! 

From Largemouth bass hunting, to Bison - let's get our hunting going!@#$

--

For those wanting a more detailed explination - let me just say this.  I've been running OKgamers.com for several years now, and I see NO USE in putting up with "better than thou" type people, especially that think they are pro - MAN am I tired of that word - any longer.  I've had great examples over the last few years of WHY I should just quit this site - but man - it's been a banner last few months.  From the early CompUSA disaster, to the latest where Halo players, ACTUALLY HARRASSED a business owner about his rules to the point he was dropping using the site.

I mean really.  If gamers are so silly as to run off their OWN VENUE and BUSINESS OWNERS - then there's no hope for this site anyway :)  Seriously, without businesses posting their events and feeling comfortable, I quit.

Oh yea, and THIS WAS A BANNER THREAD - "Controller Settings" - and goes into HALO HALO HALO - like this site isn't for EVERY KIND OF GAMER OUT THERE!  (In their defense, they've recently changed it to 'halo controller settings' - and I don't mean to pick on the poster - he's just the last in a long string of FPS insanity.)

But don't get me wrong - Smash players harbor some HORRIBLE types out there too - those that think they are ROYALITY or something, and Tournaments - are their god given right...  (read - last years Minicon SSBM first place and his friends from BA - who came to a monthly a while before, and demanded I change rules and fee's because - well - they were there now...)

Soul Calibur players - don't even show up to events when I manage to drag FIVE STATES worth of competition out to represent.  Seriously - 17 players?  What, half of those or more were from OUTSIDE OF TULSA?!  Sure quality was there, but such low quantity it's sad... (Then Tony wouldn't do a simple interview.  All that effort, and some random sc player won't help us promote the site?)

DnD won't post their events. 
Local businesses in Tulsa won't post their re-occuring events, and then what few DO we have to run them off.
LAN type gaming for computers - don't seem to exist. 
FPS' - oh wait, I've gone off on those already :)

I can go on and on.  Gamers are just too lazy to help :)  On top of that, they seem forever stuck in their holes, and oh yea, biting the hands that try and feed.  Blah.  Sorry, I'll go with my other passion, hunting big game!@#

X A

Oklahoma doesn't have to "suck"
OKGamers.com - spread the word. 
OKgamers.com - our goals

New to the site?  Welcome to OKgamers.com!  Let us know how you found us!

Offline TH3 R3LIGION

• OKgamer Evangelist
  • No XBL FR
    • View Profile
I applaud your decision man, if okgamers is stressing you that bad then go with your next great passion, i happen to be an avid hunter myself so you have at least one person to chase down a deer or turkey with.

Gobble Gobble, th3 r3ligion
DO NOT SEND ME A FR UNLESS I KNOW YOU PERSONALLY

SEMI-PROS ARE HORRIBAD

Offline makosira

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
:D I love the new site Saif. Much prefer it over the old one. I've always wanted to be a part of a forum of hunters. I, myself, have never been hunting before, and I doubt I ever will. But, if this is what makes Saif happy, then everyone should be happy too. Don't want good old Saif to be stressed now. :) And no, I'm not calling you old, Saif.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 03:39:04 am by makosira »
360 Live Gamertag: SulkiestSun

Someone had already taken makosira and sira... Who the heck uses 'makosira' besides me? o_O

Offline Mr Vonaducci

• Startin' Out
  • Team Rape And Reload
    • View Profile
So are there gonna be no more tourney's for the FPS or Console Genre

Coolsvilla

FINALLY! I'm glad that you went in this direction. About time too. I just have to say that I can't wait to start talking about big game hunting with all of you. This is what life is all about. d(^_^d)

Offline Punish3r

• OKgamer Evangelist
  • 1337 Filmmaker
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Can we still play Cabelas Big Game Hunt together?

Looking forward to pwning... livestock in the plains of OKgamers.

xd0nn4x

*goes and buys some bison stink*

woot

*grabs her rifle*

*hides in the tree*

*waits*

Offline Michael Jackson

• OKgamer Evangelist
  • PSN ID: Paxmo
    • View Profile
Well played sir, well played.

Offline TH3 R3LIGION

• OKgamer Evangelist
  • No XBL FR
    • View Profile
So are there gonna be no more tourney's for the FPS or Console Genre

Nope, i sold my x box and everything so i could get a new rifle since the site is now all about BIG GAME HUNTING

SEMI-PROS ARE HORRIBAD

xd0nn4x

;D I just got my fishing rod!!!

Offline G WaDe

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
i kinda like the camo

Offline DrViper

• OKgamer Evangelist
  • Check Please
    • View Profile
    • MySpace
G Wade called me in tears today because of the site change.    :'(

Offline Rislone

• OKgamers T.O.
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: eighty8keyes
Finnely! I has been waitin so long for this ta hapin. Ther is notheng lik blowdin up a deer wit a rifel.
GT: Eighty8keyes Haloez and anything else I might be playing.

Hacky

It was a tough decision, but after so much stress and drama brought about by the console FPS community (theiving and horrible Halo players mainly, but flaky GoW and lame-♥♥♥♥ CoD players did their fair share too), I've decided to move OKgamers to my other passion, Big Game hunting!

As a web designer I get the rare opportunity to work with many groups of businesses and people.  When I started working on Jeff C Neal.com last year I was opened up to the wonderful world of Big Game hunting!  Not only are the guns cool, but the thrill of the hunt is un-compariable to lame FPS's, or anything else I'd ever played.

My love of hunting, and a great Big game url already owned - I've decided to switch the purpose over to alot less stressful group of people!  Gamers in Oklahoma have proven to be too useless and lazy anyway, the 1% of them that actually do anything to help out simply aren't enough to make a difference.  The hunting community is very gunho about this idea, and I've already recieved rave reviews! 

From Largemouth bass hunting, to Bison - let's get our hunting going!@#$

--

For those wanting a more detailed explination - let me just say this.  I've been running OKgamers.com for several years now, and I see NO USE in putting up with "better than thou" type people, especially that think they are pro - MAN am I tired of that word - any longer.  I've had great examples over the last few years of WHY I should just quit this site - but man - it's been a banner last few months.  From the early CompUSA disaster, to the latest where Halo players, ACTUALLY HARRASSED a business owner about his rules to the point he was dropping using the site.

I mean really.  If gamers are so silly as to run off their OWN VENUE and BUSINESS OWNERS - then there's no hope for this site anyway :)  Seriously, without businesses posting their events and feeling comfortable, I quit.

Oh yea, and THIS WAS A BANNER THREAD - "Controller Settings" - and goes into HALO HALO HALO - like this site isn't for EVERY KIND OF GAMER OUT THERE!  (In their defense, they've recently changed it to 'halo controller settings' - and I don't mean to pick on the poster - he's just the last in a long string of FPS insanity.)

But don't get me wrong - Smash players harbor some HORRIBLE types out there too - those that think they are ROYALITY or something, and Tournaments - are their god given right...  (read - last years Minicon SSBM first place and his friends from BA - who came to a monthly a while before, and demanded I change rules and fee's because - well - they were there now...)

Soul Calibur players - don't even show up to events when I manage to drag FIVE STATES worth of competition out to represent.  Seriously - 17 players?  What, half of those or more were from OUTSIDE OF TULSA?!  Sure quality was there, but such low quantity it's sad... (Then Tony wouldn't do a simple interview.  All that effort, and some random sc player won't help us promote the site?)

DnD won't post their events. 
Local businesses in Tulsa won't post their re-occuring events, and then what few DO we have to run them off.
LAN type gaming for computers - don't seem to exist. 
FPS' - oh wait, I've gone off on those already :)

I can go on and on.  Gamers are just too lazy to help :)  On top of that, they seem forever stuck in their holes, and oh yea, biting the hands that try and feed.  Blah.  Sorry, I'll go with my other passion, hunting big game!@#

X A

April fools?

Offline TH3 R3LIGION

• OKgamer Evangelist
  • No XBL FR
    • View Profile
April fools? i must have missed the joke? Big game hunting is his passion? dont mock him

SEMI-PROS ARE HORRIBAD