Author Topic: new xbox experience  (Read 28740 times)

Coolsvilla

Re: new xbox experience
« Reply #135 on: November 21, 2008, 12:54:00 am »
I'll invite them over.... if they live in OK. Most of my friends are out of state. ^^; Just saying. I wasn't wanting netflix anyway.

As for the main issue, you cannot switch back to our old dashboard. Regardless of what people may have been able to do, there isn't an option to safely (no RRoD) switch back to it. There are a ton of people that are displeased with the NXE and, after saying they would let you go back and now not letting you go back, it's really just pissed us off. -_-

Offline Crazd

• OKgamers T.O.
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 21, 2008, 09:10:46 am »
Honestly I don't remember them saying that you could revert back to the old dash, but with NXE features.  I remember them saying that you could use the new guide and still have the blades, but I don't remember them saying you could revert to the old dash entirely.  Though if someone has sources to say other wise let me know, kinda curious to know.

Offline z B r e a T h e

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 22, 2008, 09:06:40 pm »
its kinda weird that people would resort to "moding" to get the old dash back...i mean whats the big deal all it is haveing the wii
"Idea" i mean i kinda like it..but what crazd said you can get the old dash just the blades though =/ lol great job microsoft u just
pissed off a group of more people keep it goin.
-Neva Ment To Make Yo Daughta Cry Sorry Mizz Jackson! Whoo! i am fo reallzz!

Offline uNlimited

• OKgamer Evangelist
  • GT: Taco Steeve
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 22, 2008, 10:09:34 pm »
great job microsoft u just

whenever there are updates or changes made ANYWHERE there will be some people that support and some people that dont...its always going to be like that nomatter what it is
add me on live - gt - Taco Steeve
or on
myspace.com/taco_steeve
or on
WoW - Korialstrasz - TostadaTom 80 DK

Coolsvilla

« Reply #139 on: November 22, 2008, 10:17:10 pm »

whenever there are updates or changes made ANYWHERE there will be some people that support and some people that dont...its always going to be like that nomatter what it is
True but this update feels like it's more one sided with the opinion than the others.

Offline z B r e a T h e

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 23, 2008, 11:15:27 pm »

True but this update feels like it's more one sided with the opinion than the others.

maybe it is but we will all get over it sooner or later.

Offline godmode

• OKgamer Evangelist
  • XBL Gamertag = Oh My Godmode
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 24, 2008, 10:35:41 am »
I love it! The party chat is incredible, for both recreational and team purposes.

Offline BUTL3R

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: Oh Butler
« Reply #142 on: November 24, 2008, 04:37:56 pm »
One good thing about party chat is you dont have to listen to people you dont want to! Just your team.

Offline z B r e a T h e

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 24, 2008, 08:18:15 pm »
not only that but people you actually LIKE to talk to.

Offline BUTL3R

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: Oh Butler
« Reply #144 on: November 24, 2008, 09:33:21 pm »
Its actually kinda of fun to invite the other team into your party chat. I did and it made me laugh.

Coolsvilla

« Reply #145 on: November 25, 2008, 05:54:39 am »

maybe it is but we will all get over it sooner or later.
Maybe, and maybe it will make users move to the PS3. I know that it's already pushing me there. =/ Just saying. Vote with your feet, right?

Offline LawlTack

• OKgamers Supporters
  • OKgamer Evangelist
  • I liek vidya gaemz
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 26, 2008, 10:17:04 am »
After this long, with all the upgrades and such I just honestly can't see how anyone would want to go back and lose all these features. Party chat is the bomb.

Offline alexrpw74012

• Familiar Face
  • Frodo Is Gre... Who Is That?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Team Gizka Forums
« Reply #147 on: December 10, 2008, 06:57:29 pm »
Ok, let me rephrase my question, what is it you don't like about the NXE, other than the avatars?  Be specific! 

(I'm not trying to rag on anyone for not liking it, everyone has their own opinions, I'm just genuinely interested to know what people, specifically, don't like about it)
I dislike the layout, the way that it butchered the themes that I PAID for, and that it has a bunch of unnecessary things.

As for reverting back, I haven't seen anything on being able to do it and have looked everywhere on my dash but I just can't seem to go back the old way.

The only thing that I concede to liking is the new guide button. The new design for the guide is actually nice but that could be because it's like the old dash layout in a mini version.

I want the old interface back, but I don't want to delete the download. I feel like I've been rickrolled.

I'll just go back to my ROM's now. >.>

Offline Splity

• OKgamer Evangelist
  • "My life style, determines my death style"
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 20, 2008, 03:57:17 am »
I like some of the new features like party chat, but its just not worth the complete change up. If only they made an update for party chat then I would be happy. I could careless about netflix or avatars. I just pirate all my movies off the internet anyways.  ;D