Author Topic: What's YOUR favorite game of '09?  (Read 4993 times)

Offline makosira

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
Re: What's YOUR favorite game of '09?
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2010, 07:18:56 pm »
well no I hate RTS in general actually, but there is no such thing as real or fake RTS it's all about style man, the detail or amount of micro-managing needed all depends on how they wanted it.  BL's RTS was fine and the game was great

it wasn't a let down is what i'm saying, not at all it was just like they lead it on to be and it WAS funny as heck, and not because Jack Black did it (although he helps) but because the writing was funny and awesome and badass.

and yes it was short like 10 hoursh ish, and that included getting around 97% of the stuff in the game.  ad the multiplayer isn't all that great because it IS only the RTS portion

Personally, I don't really care how long a game is. Just as long as I enjoy playing it enough is good. :D
Though, because of short length, if I enjoy the game, I'll be disappointed that it's already over once finished.
Won't be enough to make me think the game is a let down or anything, though.
360 Live Gamertag: SulkiestSun

Someone had already taken makosira and sira... Who the heck uses 'makosira' besides me? o_O

Offline Bees McGee

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2010, 09:43:01 pm »
well no I hate RTS in general actually, but there is no such thing as real or fake RTS it's all about style man, the detail or amount of micro-managing needed all depends on how they wanted it.  BL's RTS was fine and the game was great

it wasn't a let down is what i'm saying, not at all it was just like they lead it on to be and it WAS funny as heck, and not because Jack Black did it (although he helps) but because the writing was funny and awesome and badass.

and yes it was short like 10 hoursh ish, and that included getting around 97% of the stuff in the game.  ad the multiplayer isn't all that great because it IS only the RTS portion

oh. well ive played my fair share of RTS and i didnt like BLs... personal opinion i suppose. anyways i suppose i will move on

The main game + DLC kept me entertained through 300+ hours!

this for me... for oblivion. but then i have had it longer and when i had it it was my only next gen game for many months
i just got all of the FO3 DLC and modded it with over 20 mods... we will see if this renews my interest

MW2 is a great game, the controversial (yet short) single player was fun, but couldnt keep my interest past one play-through.  The multiplayer, while updated, feels like the same experience overall....

it felt generic to me... but then i only like valve shooters

I don't know how some of my friends can play it for hours with no stop, its the same 14 year olds talking trash, they just moved on to the new game lol

this is xbox live in general. maybe psn too... headsets seem to be more expensive for ps3, thankfully

Dragon Age was a good game but I think it could have been much better. I agree though about the games that came out this year... there weren't many.

this for both

Offline SeenNotScene

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2010, 11:03:21 am »
Yeah it definetly took some time to get used to the mechanics of the game, the pc game would be much easier, no doubt.  Now that I have the hang of it though, its really hard to put it down.  I think I am somewhere around 40 hours with my main character. I'm really looking forward to getting to the DLC.  Saves me from having to buy bayonetta out of boredom :)

Offline okc rage

• OKgamers Supporters
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: Dr HotSoup
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2010, 12:41:51 pm »
Yeah it definetly took some time to get used to the mechanics of the game, the pc game would be much easier, no doubt.  Now that I have the hang of it though, its really hard to put it down.  I think I am somewhere around 40 hours with my main character. I'm really looking forward to getting to the DLC.  Saves me from having to buy bayonetta out of boredom :)
I've also put a lot of hours into it. I'm a big fan of Bioware. It's definately addicting, it's just frustrating how bad your allies are. The only person that was useful was Shale, thank god for him.
gt: Dr HotSoup

Offline Bees McGee

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2010, 05:50:55 pm »
I've also put a lot of hours into it. I'm a big fan of Bioware. It's definately addicting, it's just frustrating how bad your allies are. The only person that was useful was Shale, thank god for him.

thats why im at about 25 hours and stuck there... gonna wait for some fix em up mods or a patch

cant stand the ridiculous tactics menu... they never do anything they are supposed to from there and i've practically broke my space key (pause)

Offline Sk8_to_die

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2010, 10:10:03 pm »
Resident evil 5, FTW.<3
Halo Wars was Good, Also ODST.
And Cod2.
[=

Offline SeenNotScene

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2010, 07:01:26 pm »
No doubt Bioware is freaking awesome.  I'm dying to play Mass Effect 2, goodbye personal life for a bit I guess.  Bethesda feels like a more experienced company than bioware in some ways, but since kotor bioware has had my heart :)

Offline okc rage

• OKgamers Supporters
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2010, 08:30:26 pm »
No doubt Bioware is freaking awesome.  I'm dying to play Mass Effect 2, goodbye personal life for a bit I guess.  Bethesda feels like a more experienced company than bioware in some ways, but since kotor bioware has had my heart :)
So are you going to play The Old Republic?

Offline Lupin7

• Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2010, 07:54:04 pm »
Guitar Hero Van Halen. I love the songs and it's the only '09 game I have anyways.
Marathon Maniac #3199. So if anyone calls me a noob I'll play my trump card.

Offline SeenNotScene

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2010, 10:23:50 am »

[/quote]

Oh you know it :)  I was looking forward to Star Trek Online but after playing the beta, it feels way too unpolished.  I guess I was spoiled by WoW when I played it...

Offline okc rage

• OKgamers Supporters
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2010, 10:48:14 pm »

Oh you know it :)  I was looking forward to Star Trek Online but after playing the beta, it feels way too unpolished.  I guess I was spoiled by WoW when I played it...
[/quote]

My friend is getting some free passes with his copy of Star Trek so I'm going to try it and see how I like it.