Author Topic: World of Warcraft!! (New) - Split from Orginal  (Read 4486 times)

Offline Bees McGee

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
World of Warcraft!! (New) - Split from Orginal
« on: May 31, 2010, 01:47:41 am »
i hate world of warcraft

wraught level 80 undead warlock in epic pvp gear, burning blade. level 70 rogue somewhere else and then some alts or something

and thats about as much of wow as i could take

I am also pro at Arena. Get at me..

im sorry, thats not something to brag about
« Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 12:34:36 pm by furyswrath »

Offline iRioX

• Familiar Face
  • Yah Got Domed Kid.
    • View Profile
    • Sig Maker
  • XBL ID: RRyox
World of Warcraft!! (New)
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2010, 02:13:13 pm »
I wasn't really bragging just being silly. Its just like saying you good at any other game. And considering WoW Arena is played in MLG and is also extremely competitive I would think it would be a good thing to be good at it..

Just saying.

Offline Bees McGee

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2010, 04:13:29 pm »
you said "get at me", so i did. and now i will again

in the arena, gear and team make up > skill

maybe its different at higher levels, but ive seen higher level play. even if its different, its still extremely boring to watch people circle through the same whatever skills until the other team loses a person and then crumbles

now i grab my cane and hobble over to my rocking chair where i sit and complain about all of these youngsters and their newfangled "areynahs" and "beetlegrownds"

i played back in the day when there were no arenas or battlegrounds or pvp objectives or anything. you got on your mount and rode around until you found someone. then you killed the shit out of them, or they out of you, and there was an actual sense of enjoyment to the whole thing because you could lose something (your time killing doods, plus money for things like potions and bombs and bandages) instead of absolutely nothing

old man rant over.

Offline SeenNotScene

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2010, 06:44:43 pm »
Bees your rants are the best on the forums, always good for laughs.  Come off a bit cynical though....

DarkWraith56

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2010, 07:17:09 pm »
Bees is my favorite poster by far, someone needs to make him an award.

Offline SeenNotScene

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2010, 07:23:15 pm »

Someone has a man crush...

Offline 2AMPd

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: AMP zyx
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2010, 09:03:10 pm »
Get On My Level.

www.twitter.com.com/OK_Updates

I'mma be what I set out to be, without a doubt undoubtedly And all those who look down on me I'm tearing down your balcony

Offline Bees McGee

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2010, 01:31:27 am »
Bees your rants are the best on the forums, always good for laughs.  Come off a bit cynical though....

i have high standards for absolutely everything. it makes me a very bored person most of the time, but when i do find something worth doing, i get into it so much more than most other people and tend to enjoy it more as well

no. now i will spend the next ten minutes telling you why awards suck, and why i am better then them

Get On My Level.
-snip-

i rather like where i am, thanks though

see above two sections

Offline SeenNotScene

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2010, 11:28:06 am »
You really have a knack for taking the posts off topic.  Though, I haven't had any interest in WoW in a year or more so go nuts.

I definetly appreciate your honesty, and I think you may be smarter than the average bear here in oklahoma. I'm curious to know your IQ, not that it really matters much around here.

Offline iRioX

• Familiar Face
  • Yah Got Domed Kid.
    • View Profile
    • Sig Maker
  • XBL ID: RRyox
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2010, 04:09:55 pm »
OK thanks you guys are really cool.. I was just trying to restart an old thread. Even though you might be bad at arena's Bee you should'nt hate on other people. Im sorry you think I'm a noob, this thread shouldn't relate to skill at all... I was just joking calm down. You guys all wonder why the Oklahoma Gaming community isnt that big is because you all flame...

Offline cravix

• OKgamers Supporters
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2010, 04:13:38 pm »
I have played FFXI before

The difference between a liberal and a conservative is that the liberal will ask you to vote republican while a conservative gives facts and asks for you to decide

Offline Bees McGee

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2010, 11:55:06 pm »
You really have a knack for taking the posts off topic.  Though, I haven't had any interest in WoW in a year or more so go nuts.

I definetly appreciate your honesty, and I think you may be smarter than the average bear here in oklahoma. I'm curious to know your IQ, not that it really matters much around here.
well i was going to hate on IQ tests, but I don't know enough about them to do so intelligently, soooooooooooooooooooooo yeah

but  im not from oklahoma, which probably helps.

OK thanks you guys are really cool.. I was just trying to restart an old thread. Even though you might be bad at arena's Bee you should'nt hate on other people. Im sorry you think I'm a noob, this thread shouldn't relate to skill at all... I was just joking calm down. You guys all wonder why the Oklahoma Gaming community isnt that big is because you all flame...

you did restart an old thread, but there's a reason why the old one is way down there, and why nobody that plays has posted in this one. either they don't care, or don't read these forums much. i used to play, so i posted my stuff. then, still being on topic, i posted my opinion about wow.

i don't know whether im bad at arenas or not. after numerous plays and watching the pros for hours, it clicked in my head that i could no longer play wow seriously, because anything that's not 100% skill isn't skill at all. gear attributes heavily into the non skill area, thereby making wow very "unfun" to play, in my opinion. if you enjoy such things, you are entitled to do so. i am simply posting that i disagree.

i also never said you were a noob. maybe you are "pro" at arena; as pro as you can possibly be at a game that doesn't keep skill at the forefront of its competition, which is fine.

being better than other people at a card game means that you are better than other people at a card game, and that's great, i am perfectly okay with that. but once you step out onto a playing field where chance plays no factor whatsoever, and player skill means more than everything, you are going to be at a sore disadvantage

i realize that you were joking. even though we are on the internet and sometimes its hard, that at least was fairly obvious to me. while i wasn't joking myself, everything besides this post so far was meant to be read with humorous undertones. i am sorry that i like to keep things subtle.

the reason our community isn't big is because the population of Houston is larger then this entire state, and half the people out here live in the middle of nowhere and don't care about things like hardcore video gaming.

TL;DR Version:
I am not flaming you. I posted my opinions, and instead of arguing you took them personally. I am sorry if my posts sounded like an attack on you, but they were not. They were me venting my frustration at the path Blizzard is taking with WoW, and the ever growing coalition of developers that are trying to cater to as many casuals as possible so that they can rake in the money.

why did I type all of this

five people will read it

Offline Furyswrath

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
  • SEN ID: furyswrath
  • XBL ID: furyswrath
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2010, 12:32:26 pm »
Hey Guys..

I'm going Put my Moderator Cap on here.

This thread went totally off topic of what  iRioX was trying to Accomplish.  And was totally Hijacked by nothing that had to with he was trying to obtain information for.  We seem to all get into this downward spiral and we end up having many repeat threads trying to start to get information.

Lets get out of this habit. and Learn when to Post and when not to post.   We love those who participate we really do. But when what you have to say has nothing to do with what the Original Poster was asking for it doesn't help anyone out.

Ive Split this Topic.  So iRioX can keep his Original post and Get a Honest Thread going.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 12:35:40 pm by furyswrath »

Offline X_A

• X A - Lead OKGamer Evangelist
  • Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • http://okgamers.com
  • SEN ID: XianghuaALPHA
  • XBL ID: XianghuaALPHA
Re: World of Warcraft!! (New)
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2010, 03:14:22 pm »

you did restart an old thread, but there's a reason why the old one is way down there, and why nobody that plays has posted in this one. either they don't care, or don't read these forums much. i used to play, so i posted my stuff. then, still being on topic, i posted my opinion about wow.

the reason our community isn't big is because the population of Houston is larger then this entire state, and half the people out here live in the middle of nowhere and don't care about things like hardcore video gaming.

why did I type all of this

five people will read it

iRioX - as long as your not spamming, or creating a duplicate of an already successful thread - OF COURSE we'll want such content on the boards, thanks for doing it.

Bee's - maybe you didn't read the recent article thread that got posted - go check it out.  We've got a 9 to 1 LURKER ratio. 

5 people...  No.  You write, people read.  People may get SERIOUSLY OFFENDED - but won't even post.  Gamers are lazy, burned out from other boards, etc.

Just reviewing the general Local Players General threads - not even the specialized forums... 
800 views.
2001 views.
2929 views.
1606 views.
5426 views.

All threads active in the last few months.  Just because people don't always talk, doesn't mean they aren't reading.

OKgamers = E for EVERYONE - and open to all gamers in the OK area.  Don't hate on WoW or ANY game because it's casual - casual gamers are MORE than welcome bro!  COME ONNNNN!

I know we've kinda been lax on rules - with the redesign of 3.0 coming I hope to see some of that taken care of. 

IN THE END:
All gamers from the OK area are welcome here, further if they care to keep tabs on us.
E for Everyone - in language, and attitude please :)
This site is FOR GAMING EVENTS to be posted, etc - not just tournaments.  Hardcore.  Casual.  And everything inbetween = welcome.

X A

Oklahoma doesn't have to "suck"
OKGamers.com - spread the word. 
OKgamers.com - our goals

New to the site?  Welcome to OKgamers.com!  Let us know how you found us!

Offline X_A

• X A - Lead OKGamer Evangelist
  • Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • http://okgamers.com
  • SEN ID: XianghuaALPHA
  • XBL ID: XianghuaALPHA
Re: World of Warcraft!! (New) - Split from Orginal
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2010, 03:16:42 pm »

OH YEA - AND MOST IMPORTANT HERE TOO?

Chat Forums = whatever topics, going off topic, chatter in general - all cool as long as it's E for Everyone.

COMPETITION FORUMS - Tournaments, Planning, Aftermath, Competition search?  = ON TOPIC, PERIOD.  They are the productive forums, and the heart and soul of why this site is even here.  Keep em clean.

Moving this thread to Chat - as it's way way WAY off topic, and not even close to helping find competition :)  Original thread is, Fury split it, it'll stay.

X A

Oklahoma doesn't have to "suck"
OKGamers.com - spread the word. 
OKgamers.com - our goals

New to the site?  Welcome to OKgamers.com!  Let us know how you found us!