Author Topic: Playstation+ Premium Service Announced  (Read 1591 times)

Offline SeenNotScene

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
Playstation+ Premium Service Announced
« on: June 15, 2010, 05:51:37 pm »
Taken from http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/15/playstation-plus-announced-50-year/

"And here it is! PlayStation Plus has been announced. As we suspected, the PlayStation Network itself will not change, while power users can upgrade for $50 a year or $18 for three months. And to sweeten the deal, your first three months are free. And what do you get for your hard earned dough? Tons of premium content, including "hundreds of dollars of products" throughout the year, early access to betas, and Qore. Sony is also indicating that Plus subscribers will be able to send voice messages to other gamers to invite them to play, even if they've made the foolish decision to not subscribe to Plus. Naturally, though, they won't be able to reply in kind unless they too pony up the cash."

Sounds interesting, but I'm already paying for xbox service lol

Anyone shelling out the dough for this premium service?

Offline Bees McGee

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
Re: Playstation+ Premium Service Announced
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2010, 11:48:35 pm »
so multiplayer is still free?

then why would anyone pay for plus?

i mean, i know that early access to betas and demos is extremely important but really

Offline Animefreak6969

• OKgamer fo' life
  • YUM!
    • View Profile
Re: Playstation+ Premium Service Announced
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2010, 04:08:09 am »
well they haven't given specifics yet but it also "enhances gaming abilities" and such like that, whatever the ♥♥♥♥♥ that means I dunno lol.