Author Topic: Tulsa - MvC3, Halo, Smash, SSFIV, Forza and MORE: OKg 5yr Anni at TCC - 3/26/11  (Read 61145 times)

Offline X_A

• X A - Lead OKGamer Evangelist
  • Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • http://okgamers.com
  • SEN ID: XianghuaALPHA
  • XBL ID: XianghuaALPHA

EVENT OVER:  Go here for TOURNAMENT RESULTS / AFTERMATH / PHOTOS / ETC

http://www.okgamers.com/forums/index.php/topic,3367.msg42473.html#msg42473

-------------------  OLD THREAD INFO -------------------------------------------------------------------------

Event: OKgamers 5th Anniversary EVENT!
That's right, we are celebrating our 5 years of OKgamers.com improving Oklahoma for gamers!
Come out and celebrate with us - and GET THE REWARDS:
FREE SHIRTS
FREE SWAG
FREE OTHER STUFF??  SURE! 

That's right - for the first time ever - OKgamers giving away FREE OKGAMERS SHIRTS!  First to those that Pre-reg, then if we have more left, to those who are playing in tournaments, etc. 
If nothing else?  Make sure you are present to hear OKgamers.com's BIG ANNOUNCEMENT, it literally shapes the future to come.

LAST YEAR:

Marvel Vs Capcom.  Halo.  Street Fighter.  Smash.  Blaz Blue.  Soul Calibur.
Think your the bestPROVE IT.

Come out and try your luck against some of the best players in the state, and even farther! (Larger events usually get the neighboring states to visit - check the pre-reg!)

***Over 100 prizes to be given out as door prizes and tournament awards!***
OKgamers and TCC working together will be hosting this event, with sponsors coming on board!  Keep an eye on this thread as it'll be changing!
We'll also be having random give out's from various sponsors during the event!  Keep an eye on this thread for more as we lock it in.

We have NATIONAL Sponsors coming on board!!

SPONSORS LIST:
Tulsa Community College - VENUE!
Jinx.com - PRIZES!
Joe Momma's - PRIZES!
OKgamers.com - SWAG / PRIZES!
Track-Scan - PRIZES!
HxC Lan Center - Shirt Sponsor, Hardware!
Verizon Wireless of Tulsa - SWAG/PRIZES!
Dragon Crown Games - Shirt Sponsor!
Game X Change Tulsa - Shirt Sponsor, Prizes!
GameOn Athlete - Stickers
GameOn Apparel - Swag!
Tokyo in Tulsa 2011 - Tulsa's only 3 Day Anime and Japanese Culture Convention! - event tickets

Working up a thirst?  Keep an eye out for the Red Bull Wings Team to stop by and hook up gamers!

*More to be unnamed for now* - PRIZES / SWAG!
More sponsors as we confirm them! (Big list already?  Oh, you won't wont to miss  this event!)

Tulsa Community College, Metro Campus - 2nd FLOOR COMMONS area - across from Lunch area
909 S. Boston, Tulsa, OK 74119

Google Street View of door (Rotate 180 degrees to see parking.)

*THAT IS THE BEST DOOR = 10th & CINCINNATI* - you go in, go up the elevator or stairs to 2nd Floor, and you are right there!  (PRO TIP: don't take your hardware up stairs!)

Games:
Marvel Vs Capcom 3 - PS3 
Halo Reach - FFA**, 2v2 - xbox 360
Super Street Fighter IV - PS3
SSB Brawl - Wii
SSB Melee - Wii
Forza Motorsport 3 - xbox 360
Soul Calibur 4 - PS3
Blaz Blue - PS3

Verizon will be out with some great wireless mobile gaming to check out!!

WHA - WHY DIDN'T MY GAME GET INCLUDED?
No feedback / hardware / something - go read the planning thread.
OKgamers has spent the last 5 years helping gaming groups we know about in OK; as for this event - no PC Lan?  We know of no PC community in OK that'll work with conventions and events / want to promote / etc - you one, contact us.
Board Games?  Because they have stores to support them, we aren't out to "compete" with businesses and duplicate efforts. 
No DnD - same as Board Games and because we have no DM's on Staff.  No LARP - same as DnD.  No your console game - read above :)
PS3 vs 360 - Console Choice =  we go with the largest community backed event for this - Evo.  They went PS3, so did we. 
(Due to MvC3 issues we've heard about, FUTURE events may be 360; we need to see who is who in the community, and after this event, we'll be discussing it to make sure we are good to go!)

Times:

Setup & Signups open - 11am (tentative) to 12:15pm
Tournament Start time - 12:30pm (tentative)
Halo Reach FFA - 12:30pm
SSB Brawl - 1pm
Forza 3 - 1pm
Blaz Blue - 1pm
SSFIV - 2pm
SSB Melee - 2pm
Halo Reach 2v2 - 3pm
Marvel vs Capcom 3 (MvC3) - 3pm
Soul Calibur 4 - 3pm

SIGNUPS FOR EACH GAME CLOSE 15 MINUTES BEFORE THE GAME IS SCHEDULED TO HAPPEN; be there BEFORE THAT to sign up!!
(ALL TIMES ARE SUBJECT TO DELAY AT THE EVENT, we do what we can, but issues can arise out of our hands; don't arrive late, that helps.)

Cost:
$5 Organization fee - goes towards covering our flyer printing costs, then towards purchashing more 5yr shirts, that will be given away later (ONE TIME FEE) 
$5 per tournament entered - goes towards that games' pot! (PER TOURNAMENT ENTERED)

Those who pre-reg and state they are bringing hardware will be contacted - if they have a full setup, we'll be waiving their $5 organization fee! 
(Yes, if you just show up with a setup, we'll probably use it, and be able to waive your fee - PLEASE work with us to pre-reg though, so we can know how much hardware we are going to see out at the event!)

No location fee - due to TCC's sponsorship!
No spectator fee - due to TCC's sponsorship!

PLAYING IN ONE TOURNAMENT?  That's $10.  Two events would be $15 total entry, etc.

Prizes: 100% of the pots from each game 60/30/10, plus the funds and prizes sponsored! 

WHAT IS SPONSORED?
$100's in Tokyo in Tulsa 2011 MEMBERSHIPS!
$100's in Joe Momma's AWESOMENESS!
$500 in Track Scan Headphones for the Top Halo 2v2 TEAM!
$1000's in OKgamers 5yr Anniversary SHIRTS!
$??? In RED BULL ENERGY DRINKS!
$ MORE IN THE WEEKS TO COME!

Not to mention all the Door Prizes, Facebook "Attend"ed award, and more!  Provided by Jinx, Joe Momma's, The MAXX, Game X Change Tulsa, and MORE!!!!!

READY TO PRE-REGISTER?  WANT TO GET THAT FREE SHIRT?
Click HERE TO PRE-REGISTER FOR THIS EVENT, AND WHILE SUPPLIES LAST, GET A FREE T-SHIRT!!!

WANT TO SEE WHO HAS PREREGISTERED?  Click here.

YES - Pre-registering is FREE; all we are doing really is getting an idea of who is coming, how much hardware they are bringing, AND OF COURSE - what SHIRT SIZE YOU WEAR, so we can order the right amount of free 5th anniversary shirts!!!!

WHAT DO I BRING?
If you plan on playing in a tournament - your entry fees in cash and your own controller, as extra controllers will not be present beyond what gamers brought to use themselves.  (Cash?  Yes, sorry, no CC machine here guys lol.)

...and maybe HOODIE MONEY?!  SEE BELOW.

THE MORE HARDWARE WE HAVE - the FASTER THE EVENT CAN GO!

To help things run faster:
Are you bringing hardware?  Please try and show up 15 to 30 minutes BEFORE your game starts so we can set it all up, etc. (USE THE ELEVATOR!!)
Make sure you've read your games tournament rules.
MAKE SURE YOU REVIEWED THE MAP - and you know where your going - 2nd floor area of TCC Metro, as pictured on the map.

RULES for Tournaments:
Halo Reach FFA - on Xbox 360 - Rules Thread
SSB Brawl - on Wii - Rules Thread
Forza 3 - on Xbox 360 - Rules Discussion / decision
Blaz Blue - on PS3 - Rules Thread
SSFIV - on PS3 - Rules Thread
SSB Melee - on Wii - Rules Thread
Halo Reach 2v2 - on Xbox 360 - Rules Thread
Marvel vs Capcom 3 (MvC3) - on Xbox 360- Rules Thread
Soul Calibur 4 - on PS3 - Rules PDF

Did you say HOODIE?
As you may know, OKgamers 2011 shirt design - is what we are giving out FOR FREE AT THIS EVENT TO THOSE THAT PRE-REG, etc! 
We know that in the past, the 2009/2010 design was put out as a hoodie, and was very popular; to not leave you that love hoodies "out in the cold", we are offering this ONE TIME CHANCE to order hoodies AT THIS EVENT!  It'll have the 2011 "OKgamers 5 year Anniversary" design on the front, and then the OKgamers logo on the back, we'll have one there for show.  Black pull over hoodie, white design, just like the 2011 5yr Shirts.  (One Time = we don't have a deal with the printer like we did before, different printer.  So, this is what we can do.)
SO, if you want a 2011 OKgamers hoodie, you'll only be able to order at this event!  We'll be charging you at cost, so if you want to order one, bring cash for your size(s) to order:
S-XL = $17   2X = $20   3X = $21   4X = $22   5X = $23  6X = $24

OKC'ers can work with FurysWrath to get theirs, Tulsa area myself, and we are looking into shipping options for those outside those areas.

Finishing up Rules / New Sponsors / surprises and more - coming soon.

JOIN THE FACEBOOK EVENT! http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=188314924534330
(HELP US SPREAD THE WORD BY JOINING!  AND IF YOU "ATTEND" ON THIS EVENT AND SHOW UP, YOU MAY WIN A SPECIAL PRIZE!)

FLYER ATTACHED BELOW!  Full color, please print and share at your school, work, or home!!   (Okay, now really - was there IF YOU LOGGED IN, now is there for guests, and if you are logged in!)

X A

« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 10:39:07 pm by X_A »
Oklahoma doesn't have to "suck"
OKGamers.com - spread the word. 
OKgamers.com - our goals

New to the site?  Welcome to OKgamers.com!  Let us know how you found us!

Offline Bees McGee

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
what do you mean my entry fees wont be provided

also, ITT (in this tournament) more people will show up for Forza than blazblue

AF/timmy: On BB, did we decide that DLC characters are okay?
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 02:32:27 pm by X_A »

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
  • Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
  • XBL ID: aXs Skorcher
ok 1 Need the flyer so I can add to our site. 2 Monday I'm going to throw up a bracket for halo 2v2 and FFA to. Also can we add fighters  ;D
"Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers"
HxC LAN Center

Offline Bees McGee

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
Also can we add fighters  ;D

on that note, will there be room for casual set ups? I don't have any in mind, just wondering

Offline Solidus

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
  • SEN ID: SolidusSpriggan
I'll be running Melee here, I most likely need a ride as my car is a 2 seater sports care and can't carry a lick of equipment, its also uninsured, lol.

I have at least 3 full setups myself, a couple more will probably be sufficient, shouldn't be a need for pools. Should we invite Kansas to this to take all our money?

As for Brawl...  I assume the wii melee setups can be shared and my laptop can be used to run the bracket, but I'll be absorbed in the MvC3 event at the time some others will need to watch the bracket for that.

On that note I can pledge an MvC3 PS3, and maybe 2. I hope you have HDTVs up nya...

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
  • Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
  • XBL ID: aXs Skorcher
What console is MvC 3 going down on? I'm

My team is in.. aXs The Government 2v2 Reach, aXs Skorcher FFA, aXs Skorcher MvC3
"Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers"
HxC LAN Center

Offline Animefreak6969

• OKgamer fo' life
  • YUM!
    • View Profile
Bees. Im always open to DLC characters being allowed, I don't care lol.

I don't know what MvC3 is going to be standard on. 1 it's not out yet and 2 EVO hasn't said anything really.  WHo knows.

Offline Animefreak6969

• OKgamer fo' life
  • YUM!
    • View Profile
NVM.

MvC3 is on PS3   http://evo2k.com/?p=29

SSF4 is PS3 http://evo2k.com/?p=18

BBCS is PS3 http://evo2k.com/?p=26

MK9 is PS3 http://evo2k.com/?p=22

and T6 has always been PS3 http://evo2k.com/?p=24

Offline X_A

• X A - Lead OKGamer Evangelist
  • Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • http://okgamers.com
  • SEN ID: XianghuaALPHA
  • XBL ID: XianghuaALPHA
FAIR WARNING - this thread is BARE BONES - as a result some of our planning chatter here?  May be cleaned up later as we launch all the sponsors / get this thread REALLY GOING!!

Also can we add fighters  ;D

on that note, will there be room for casual set ups? I don't have any in mind, just wondering

Bees - I've made the entry fee and controller thing as CLEAR as I can think to make it lol.

Casual setups - as it is no...
...I KNOW you guys are used to OKgamers - we've been around 5 years.  This is our 5 year ANNI event, and frankly - we've got a big announcement to make...  that REALLY DOES affect things, from who'll be showing up to what all we'll have there...
...I wouldn't assume they'll be any room left for casual setups :)

Solidus - we'll be going full promotion on this event, so we hope to bring both Melee and Brawl players out of the woodworks locally - not to mention randomly from around the area.  Usually Typ_Ex and others would invite those gamers, so of course, please do so.

As for hardware - whatever the users are fine - is fine by us.  I'm sure double entry will happen a lot with Smash, so it'd make sense.

AF - thanks for the PS3 update - like I said we'll probably blow a lot of this off once we are really promoting this thread / aka once I get some of the big sponsors listed, etc.

X A

« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 02:55:26 pm by X_A »
Oklahoma doesn't have to "suck"
OKGamers.com - spread the word. 
OKgamers.com - our goals

New to the site?  Welcome to OKgamers.com!  Let us know how you found us!

Offline Bees McGee

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
is it like a "i just ♥♥♥♥ my pants" announcement

cause i need to know so i know whether to bring diapers or not

edit: timmy!

BBCS2? if its out? and if its out beforehand, how long would it need to be out before we can consider it playable?

I would say a monthish beforehand but I doubt it will be out that soon
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 05:09:56 pm by Bees McGee »

Offline Animefreak6969

• OKgamer fo' life
  • YUM!
    • View Profile
CS2 is not out. It only MIGHT be out before EVO, so who the ♥♥♥♥♥ knows lol.  And im sure it wouldn't change anyway.

Offline Bees McGee

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
spring 2011 was the last thing I heard

but it doesn't really matter to me, its not like i needed another character to only learn half of

Offline Animefreak6969

• OKgamer fo' life
  • YUM!
    • View Profile
lol Tager keeps his same shizz anyway, maybe most unchanged character between CS and CS2 with JIN

Offline SmokeMaxX

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
Arkansas would love to show up to this. I'll gauge interest and see how our schedules work out. We support OKgamers :)

Offline Chozo

• Familiar Face
    • View Profile
X_A, you should make a SmashBoards thread for the Brawl/Melee portion. That right there would let more people know about it.