Author Topic: female gamers.......  (Read 9793 times)

Offline Natasha

• Startin' Out
    • View Profile
  • SEN ID: Nigg I'm Black
  • XBL ID: Rep On Binky
Re: female gamers.......
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2011, 03:48:18 pm »

Sega Genesis for LIFE. Always been a huge Sonic the Hedgehog fan, and Earthworm Jim was THE sh*t. Have you played Sonic Generations yet?

I haven't. Is it any good?

Offline mmmapplesauce

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: mmapplesauce321
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2011, 06:43:42 am »
Mega64: Sonic Sucks

best description of sonic

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
  • Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
  • XBL ID: aXs Skorcher
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2011, 02:03:35 pm »
OMG
"Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers"
HxC LAN Center

Offline 23rd_letter_assasin

• Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
  • SEN ID: Tracy_UNO
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2011, 10:46:58 pm »
all have been helpful on this. thanks for responding. keep suggestions coming. i might run into a road block and run out of ideas. i have to get madden first to test it out on her. havent got the available funds to squeeze out a copy at the moment. more important this to pay for, blah blah blah.....
i guess a gif of Quan Chi's beat down fatality would be against site rules. so picture me standing over you with a mannequin leg waiting for you to look over your shoulder.....

Offline LONEWOLF2021

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2011, 03:31:16 am »
Saw this post and made me lol. Gaming is one of the highest forms of media if not the highest with cod mw3 surpassing avatar sales. I am a very hardcore competeive player traveld for competetion since like gow 1 and street fighter all across the nation so in my view point girl gamers do not exist. Except for few and there is a huge stereotype that Girl gamers are bad and that they arent good as guys and never will be etc. This is a stereotype id like to get rid of so the only way that can happen is if a girl starts winning majors. I am talking mostly for fighting games and I know kayane is really big aswell in soul calibur days but "I beat her and I am jst some guy from Oklahoma" I have also beaten Girls like Burn your Bra in there games of expertise pretty Badly and they are sponsored. I feel strongly about you should be judged on skill alone and I see to manu girl players getting tons of recgonition for just being girls not great or even amazing. I do not hate girls or want to bash on them in anyway and if they wanna play casually im all for it ♥♥♥♥♥ competeive I am aswell but for a girl to get special treatment is bs for a comeptive aspect such as fighting games or any other competeive gaming area. Also wtf is with girls only tournaments?!?!?!?! No Disrespect
THE CLOWN IS IN TOWN.

Offline Paradox

• Familiar Face
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2011, 11:11:05 am »
The thing about girl gamers and sponsorship is that "most" sponsors don't sponsor them for their gaming, they do so for their looks. Its a double standard but its what it is. A good looking girl playing a game or using the latest Razer product will garner more attention than a worse looking girl. How best to spend ad. revenue. Its like the booth babes at the Cons, most don't like games or anime but they pretend to for the job and they are the ones who get hired. Its the simple truth of it.

Don't go raging at me I said most, I know there are girl gamers who get hired because of their skill.

• Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2011, 08:01:42 pm »
interesting point. i havent seen or heard of any goo girl gamers either. i often wanted to teach them to be good. i had a niece that was into games when my mom watched her a lot (she was about 12). i was grooming her to be good in all the games  i played. then she got into boys and clothes, etc and it was over. some days i wish she would have kept it up. i currently have a nephew that's gearing up to try to go after the pro ranks. sometimes i look back and think of the tremendous tag team that never was. it would have been epic.  makes me a little sad inside to think about it still.
i guess a gif of Quan Chi's beat down fatality would be against site rules. so picture me standing over you with a mannequin leg waiting for you to look over your shoulder.....

Offline mmmapplesauce

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: mmapplesauce321
« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2011, 07:53:32 am »
Who gives a flying cupcake about the level of "skill" of your girl that plays video games?

"Skill" usually translates into "time spent playing more than the other guy."

There is way too much seriousness about this whole subject and I'm really surprised to see everyone's unrealistic standards of what makes a good female gamer. To me, what makes a good female gamer is a lady who has a positive attitude about playing, and one who makes it fun to play with her.

• Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2011, 09:26:55 am »
Who gives a flying cupcake about the level of "skill" of your girl that plays video games?

matter of opinion from one to the next.

keep it mellow, my man.

in the sense of "who cares", anyone that wants to have a "good match" cares. its ok to play people with lesser skill but only for so long. im sure most people on here know what im talking about in that aspect (even you). as far as it relating to the enjoyment you have with "your girl" or whoever your with the skill level shouldnt be the deciding factor if your able to enjoy those moments, but it does help.

honestly, i didnt think anyone was really taking the thread too serious until you posted.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 10:20:51 am by 23rd_letter_assasin »

Offline Paradox

• Familiar Face
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2011, 10:34:19 am »
Actually I could care less if a girl likes playing games with me. If she does great, if not there are plenty of other things we can do together. I will play mario, little big planet, ect with her but if I have been waiting for a game say like SWTOR for 3 years and she sucks at MMOs I am prob not gonna mention it to her for awhile.

• Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2011, 11:07:24 am »
Actually I could care less if a girl likes playing games with me. If she does great, if not there are plenty of other things we can do together. I will play mario, little big planet, ect with her but if I have been waiting for a game say like SWTOR for 3 years and she sucks at MMOs I am prob not gonna mention it to her for awhile.

dig

Offline BiPoLar BuNNy

• OKgamer Evangelist
  • Luminous beings are we...not this crude matter.
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
  • SEN ID: PMS_BiPoLar
  • Wii ID: 4621-2040-3385-5205
  • XBL ID: PMS BiPoLar
« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2011, 02:45:37 pm »
Uhhh.... Okay. This convo just got stupid, lol.

There are girl gamers out there that play competitively, get sponsored and win... and who cares if they are pretty? When girls play video games shall they take an S.O.S pad to their face or dine on boxes of twinkies to please your outlook on female gamers? You can't just throw in the word "Most" in quotations and try to cover your *** either.

Yeah some girls use their looks to get places in life, but that's in everything not just video games. Some girls actually apply their skills/smarts to get their sponsorships/jobs and to say that the only reason someone got somewhere is looks is just insulting. If you want me to blast your face off in something let me know. I'll wear a bag on my head so you don't feel so bad after I smash you.

I'll follow with a bit of reading for you to catch up with these non-existent girl gamers, enjoy.

http://wcgultimategamer.com/player/kat-gunn/

http://www.themarysue.com/all-about-eve-the-story-of-starcraft-2s-first-female-pro/

http://www.gamespot.com/events/thecontroller/story.html?sid=6340472

http://www.facebook.com/StarSlay3r

http://www.itnewsafrica.com/2011/08/top-women-in-video-gaming/
« Last Edit: December 26, 2011, 02:51:58 pm by BiPoLar BuNNy »

Offline Chance

• Familiar Face
    • View Profile
  • SEN ID: Gear_Jammer89
  • XBL ID: metalmusic89
« Reply #27 on: December 26, 2011, 06:35:06 pm »
nice BIPoLar BuNNy, ur right, i have a documentary that i have watched, has a few female competitive gamers.....In my opinion, who cares if they good looking or not. I think its cool just for girls in general to get down and do some OWNING.

Offline Paradox

• Familiar Face
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2011, 04:30:57 pm »
Always the rager in the bunch... What I said is fact... Its about business... about money... more girls get hired for their looks than their skill. I never said that girl gamers don't have skills, there are plenty out there that are very skilled. Nice way of twisting what I said though. Your links are a joke, they are blogs, facebook, and opinion columns. If your gonna throw links at someone make sure they are reputable.

I will make it big for you so you understand.

"MOST" GIRLS GET HIRED FOR THEIR LOOKS NOT THEIR SKILLS BECAUSE GOOD LOOKING GIRLS SELL MORE VIDEO GAMES WHICH MAKE THE SPONSORS MORE MONEY AS THE GAMING DEMOGRAPHIC IS STILL LARGELY MALE

BUT THERE ARE PLENTY OF GAMER GIRLS WHO GET HIRED FOR THEIR SKILLS BUT MANY MORE FOR THEIR LOOKS.

Don't get that confused with ratio of male to female gamers which is closely becoming more even. I am talking about amount spent ratio between male and females which is still greatly in favor of males spending more money.

Its the same principle of why good looking guys are beside the female models in clothing ads. A girl sees that and thinks either consciously or subconsciously that by wearing those clothes and looking like that it will attract good looking guys. Now I know you'l probably say something like I am so not like that. Good for you, congrats but if it wasn't the majority of girls then they wouldnt spend millions of dollars on it. Same with gamers.

edit - oh by the way I never said I was better than girls, nor a girl or you beating me prove either of our points right or wrong. It only proves you can beat me or can't in x game... I know a lot of girls who can beat me at a lot of different games. Never said girls were inferior and i dont believe that to be so for the record.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 04:43:51 pm by Paradox »

Offline Furyswrath

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
  • SEN ID: furyswrath
  • XBL ID: furyswrath
« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2011, 11:32:09 pm »

"Skill" usually translates into "time spent playing more than the other guy."

There is way too much seriousness about this whole subject and I'm really surprised to see everyone's unrealistic standards of what makes a good female gamer. To me, what makes a good female gamer is a lady who has a positive attitude about playing, and one who makes it fun to play with her.

I Totally Agree! My Wife is a Gamer.. She loves games.. However she isnt Pro Material by no means. But she is a Blast to play with! so thats all that matters!