Author Topic: Guitar Hero 3  (Read 18401 times)

Offline godmode

• OKgamer Evangelist
  • XBL Gamertag = Oh My Godmode
    • View Profile
Re: Guitar Hero 3
« Reply #45 on: December 12, 2007, 11:56:31 am »
i hope so. i live down around the mcalester area and theres nothin to write home about so maybe i'll come up there and c if i can't do some damage.  ;)

I grew up in McAlester. We might know some of the same people.

Offline makosira

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 12, 2007, 10:17:09 pm »
I've heard Devil was only available on PS2, so what your saying is that you can d/l it on Live? Sweetness.

Lou is available on the PS2. You buy him at the store once you beat DWDTG(Boss Battle Against Lou). I don't know about the other ones. ^^; But you can download the boss battles(without the bosses and everything), and play them freely.

I, however, don't have the money for a new console, be it a Nintendo DS that costs just over 100 dollars, or an Xbox 360. So I'm stuck with doing terrible at the boss battles because of the stupid battle powers...

Edit: The boss battles are available for D/L for free on Xbox Live. I think a few other songs too...

Edit 2: And now I seriously wish I had an Xbox 360 with Xbox Live. I really want to play a boss battle song. Darn Priest having put up his Slash Battle Co-op with Wulfe on youtube. :D
« Last Edit: December 13, 2007, 04:00:43 am by makosira »
360 Live Gamertag: SulkiestSun

Someone had already taken makosira and sira... Who the heck uses 'makosira' besides me? o_O

Offline Auddy07

• Familiar Face
  • CHEEZITS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 14, 2007, 11:23:44 pm »
So, who all here has passed through the fire and flames on expert?  I finally did and I want to know who else has.   ;)

xd0nn4x

« Reply #48 on: December 20, 2007, 02:03:45 pm »
lol im having difficulty beating the game on hard :-s, i'm stuck on the disturbed song *cry cry*, but i would like to attend some sort of GHIII get together to show you guys my really sad guitar hero skills!

Offline makosira

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 20, 2007, 11:52:13 pm »
lol im having difficulty beating the game on hard :-s, i'm stuck on the disturbed song *cry cry*, but i would like to attend some sort of GHIII get together to show you guys my really sad guitar hero skills!

We really should have GH get togethers... Not just Halo and all those other crappy(in my opinion) FPS and war games and such.  :(

Someone had already taken makosira and sira... Who the heck uses 'makosira' besides me? o_O

Offline Auddy07

• Familiar Face
  • CHEEZITS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 24, 2007, 10:40:02 pm »
I am proud to say that I finally beat "Jordan" on expert using the guitar and I finally beat "The Devil Went Down To Georgia" on expert using the guitar.  Now I can say I finally beat every song on GH2 and GH3!

Offline makosira

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 30, 2007, 10:05:04 am »
I am proud to say that I finally beat "Jordan" on expert using the guitar and I finally beat "The Devil Went Down To Georgia" on expert using the guitar.  Now I can say I finally beat every song on GH2 and GH3!

God, I hate Jordan. NO MATTER HOW GOOD I DO, I can't beat it. It's freaking stupid. x_x I could full combo everything up to the solo, which I've done, and still fail.

I can beat The Devil Went Down to Georgia(the cover by Steve Ouimette that's in guitar hero 3 is awesome. ;D), but not against Lou. If there weren't the freaking power gems and everything, I'd be able to beat it just fine.

Edit: What I'm currently doing is practicing Cult of Personality. Trying to get a 100% on the Start Soloing! through Don't Stop Soloing!, so I can get the 100% in a real run.(I can already usually hit the first solo.)

Current standings for me on the practice settings are below.
Slowest: 100%
Slower: 100%
Slow: Missed 5 notes
Full Speed: Haven't practiced on it yet. I'm pretty good at the song though.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2007, 01:33:12 pm by makosira »

der_kluge

« Reply #52 on: January 16, 2008, 05:35:53 pm »

I beat everything in GH1 and 2 except for Jordan. That song is ridiculous. I'll work on it a lot more some day, but right now I'm busy trying to gold-star everything on GH3 on Easy. :)

I haven't gotten too far into GH3 yet, but my niece had me try to beat Raining Blood on Hard for her, and I couldn't. Probably could with a lot of work, but egads, was that hard.

My hat's off to you if you can beat Fire and Flames. That's impressive.  You must have no life.   :D

Offline Rislone

• OKgamers T.O.
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: eighty8keyes
« Reply #53 on: January 16, 2008, 06:57:15 pm »
My hat's off to you if you can beat Fire and Flames. That's impressive.  You must have no life.   :D

Please do not flame other users on this board.
GT: Eighty8keyes Haloez and anything else I might be playing.

Offline iwillkickurass

• learned the ropes
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 16, 2008, 11:58:21 pm »
Edit: What I'm currently doing is practicing Cult of Personality. Trying to get a 100% on the Start Soloing! through Don't Stop Soloing!, so I can get the 100% in a real run.(I can already usually hit the first solo.)

dude me and u have the exact opposite problem on that song.  :) i can FC the second solo but i can't hit the first. and congrats on beating devil went down to georgia on expert. that songs freakin hard! i haven't got past 71% yet but i'll get there. can u beat it outright or is it starpower that gets u through it? cuz if i could hit the right SP phrases i could pass it i think.

xX_Raider_Xx

« Reply #55 on: January 17, 2008, 10:30:45 am »
I love GH3 its really fun, but from what im reading you guys are freaking amazing, i think ill just stick with Halo and play GH3 for fun.

Offline makosira

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 18, 2008, 02:16:12 pm »

dude me and u have the exact opposite problem on that song.  :) i can FC the second solo but i can't hit the first. and congrats on beating devil went down to georgia on expert. that songs freakin hard! i haven't got past 71% yet but i'll get there. can u beat it outright or is it starpower that gets u through it? cuz if i could hit the right SP phrases i could pass it i think.

Well, let's just say I /assume/ I can beat TDWDTG on Expert without Lou. xD I'm pretty sure I could do it. ^^; Note: I don't have an Xbox 360 or a PS3. D= Anyway, the first solo in Cult of Personality to me is the easiest part. It's the second(all three solo's) that get me, but I'm getting much better at them. xD

Offline makosira

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 18, 2008, 02:17:05 pm »
I love GH3 its really fun, but from what im reading you guys are freaking amazing, i think ill just stick with Halo and play GH3 for fun.

Oh, come on. D; The tournaments are just for fun. Or that's what I think. xD I just do them for the fun of it all.