Author Topic: Tulsa - The 300 man (+2k in prizes?!) Halo 3 Tournament - sponsored by TnT  (Read 15860 times)

Offline LGPxSTEEEL

• OKgamers Supporters
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
Re: Tulsa - The 300 man (+2k in prizes?!) Halo 3 Tournament - sponsored by TnT
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2008, 08:15:28 am »
ok good.

everyone plz holla at the HALO staff...for questions.

Offline X_A

• X A - Lead OKGamer Evangelist
  • Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • http://okgamers.com
  • SEN ID: XianghuaALPHA
  • XBL ID: XianghuaALPHA
« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2008, 09:38:13 pm »
ok good.

everyone plz holla at the HALO staff...for questions.

lol.  I first off would question who this 'halo staff' is - as we have staff that play halo, but - does that mean they are halo staff? lol

Second off - the whole point of this thread is for questions, etc.  Let's not take communication off the forum eh?  I know people are excited, but would like to keep to the normal lines of communication!

X A

Oklahoma doesn't have to "suck"
OKGamers.com - spread the word. 
OKgamers.com - our goals

New to the site?  Welcome to OKgamers.com!  Let us know how you found us!

Offline LGPxSTEEEL

• OKgamers Supporters
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2008, 11:26:50 pm »
halo staff...

me, livewire, primo, icy, religion.

PDA Skill

« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2008, 09:13:15 am »
wud up guyz im new  so umm yeh why would you wanna limit the number of people you limit that off you get a smaller pot if you have infinite you get a humungous pot (hint** MLG has well over 1,000 people in the am brackets that win 20g in a single day(like me ;D :D)) so if you limit you only get a shorter pot and alot of people pissed about not getting in and knowing gamers its not a pleasnt feeling

Offline TH3 R3LIGION

• OKgamer Evangelist
  • No XBL FR
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2008, 11:11:42 am »
wud up guyz im new  so umm yeh why would you wanna limit the number of people you limit that off you get a smaller pot if you have infinite you get a humungous pot (hint** MLG has well over 1,000 people in the am brackets that win 20g in a single day(like me ;D :D)) so if you limit you only get a shorter pot and alot of people pissed about not getting in and knowing gamers its not a pleasnt feeling

Soooo many things to adress....first, we are not MLG if you will look at your adress bar it says okgamers.com. We dont have the financial backing, equipment, man power or anything that MLG has but better than that we are not trying to be MLG we are perfectly happy being who we are...........we are not trying to get 1000's of kids we want 300 this isnt a tourney for the entire nation, just okgamers and their associates.

And to you winning 20,000 dollars at MLG, no you didnt
DO NOT SEND ME A FR UNLESS I KNOW YOU PERSONALLY

SEMI-PROS ARE HORRIBAD

PDA Skill

« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2008, 12:18:58 pm »
actually yeh back in the day when mlg first started in halo they had a small tourny in vegas(hince the homeground of MLG)I dont have my check anymore because a drunkn friend decide to take it and set it on fire but i did win 20g and more from other tourney's.But ne wayz that was a suggestion  and in some way a recommendation

Offline X_A

• X A - Lead OKGamer Evangelist
  • Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • http://okgamers.com
  • SEN ID: XianghuaALPHA
  • XBL ID: XianghuaALPHA
« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2008, 02:49:40 pm »

Yea, we simply throw events to help local businesses or events, and of course - to help get the word out about the site so it can be used by more, and become more of a resource.

As for prize money - sorry to spoil your plans, but we are more about having a solid fun event than having something that might go outside the range of control, or facilities we get.  As r3ligion states - the MLG has funding, etc.  We are simply an organized group of gamers trying to improve Oklahoma through backing a central resource such as OKgamers can be, and is.

Don't get me wrong - we appreciate recommendations...  But this site is for all gamers.  Really focusing down to just MLG style gaming also wouldn't be a proper use of resources or staff attention imo.  SO MUCH planning goes into such a organization, not to mention legal responsiblities, funding, etc.  We'd have to do too much efforts and work to just throw a few MLG style events a year.  Sorry man, if you want MLG, you'll have to go that direction. 

Just like this event - OKgamers will definitely work with any group that might want to throw those events and needs any staffing or advising resources, but as for spearheading those events ourselves - we simply do not have the resources and staff at this time to do that.

X A

Oklahoma doesn't have to "suck"
OKGamers.com - spread the word. 
OKgamers.com - our goals

New to the site?  Welcome to OKgamers.com!  Let us know how you found us!

PDA Skill

« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2008, 03:44:00 pm »
ok thats tight well it was a good try atleast  well ill be definetly in tulsa for sure lookn for a rematch against smilely ;D :D

Offline Pr1m0

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2008, 06:40:52 pm »
ok thats tight well it was a good try atleast  well ill be definetly in tulsa for sure lookn for a rematch against smilely ;D :D

your such a lil slob man im not gonna lie.  Smiley doesnt even play video games anymore and i bet hes still better at any game you play. 

PDA Skill

« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2008, 07:06:20 pm »
who cares ive beaten him before he beat me and we just have fun

Offline Pr1m0

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 02, 2008, 08:11:27 pm »
who cares ive beaten him before he beat me and we just have fun

no he has fun. you come back and run your mouth about it.

new nickname for skill

Lil Steeel

Offline G WaDe

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 02, 2008, 08:35:53 pm »
this sounds really good. i hope this whole thing comes together. if anyone has more information on this tourney please post.

Bx got s skills

« Reply #42 on: February 03, 2008, 10:34:11 am »

That's right.  We've got a BIG halo event coming up. 
Tokyo in Tulsa (August 1-3rd, 2008) wants to sponsor a big Halo event - so here we go.  I'm without internet currently still -_-, so I'll just post the quick results of our planning meeting last night:

What we know (to be edited later)

Location - Tulsa.  Possibly right off Hwy 169, so good times.

Date - 2-2008, probably late feb.

Game/Format - 2v2 Halo 3 - MLG style rules, best out of 3, Slayer / Ball / Slayer

Cost - 10$ per person

Times - on a Saturday, hardware setup / reg around 10am, start time around 11am, shooting to be through round 4 by 4pmish, and done by 8pmish.

PRIZES - Cash, pot, etc.  1st place is guaranteed 150$ payout, 100 to second, and 50 to third - even if  just 3 teams show up.  HOWEVER - with a 300 man cap, we'll be getting into the 2000$+ range with the pot alone, and planning to pay out through to 8.

PRIZES - random - because we know not everyone is a top 8 baller - we'll have random prizes just for entering, as well as a random pool of prizes pulled specifically from the people who brought a hardware setup.  (bring multiple setups?  Multiple changes of winning)

On top of that, we are also looking for more sponsors to get more prizes and awesome things.

What our needs are:

Promotion -
We'll get hundreds of flyers printed out, what we'll NEED is OKgamers staff and forum goers to take those flyers everywhere they know lol.  We want to make sure and hit every highschool internally, and every major retail place like Gamestop if possible as well.

Hardware -
We'll need AT LEAST 50 setups.
SETUP = 19" or so TV, a halo 3 game and 360. 
(THE MORE SETUPS - the faster it'll go.  Also, we've got hardware to network over 100 xbox's.)

What you'll need:

10$ and a WIRED controller.  (If you only have wireless controls you can buy a wireless charger and make it wired from our research, so good times.)

If you can bring a setup - awesome, you'll get in free and be eligible for prizes.

...and to help promote to OKLAHOMA.  We want this to be a fun event for regional players, so we've got to get the word out locally to the players we know!

Start spreading the hype, exact info coming soon in a Tourny & Events thread.

X A

How old do you have to be to play in this one too ?

Offline LGPxSTEEEL

• OKgamers Supporters
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 03, 2008, 11:11:50 am »
^^ doesnt matter.

annd primo... lol i have fun. and i do good,and ive been to tournaments... this kid is not like me.

Offline Mccoolio

• Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 11, 2008, 10:32:55 am »
this sounds really good. i hope this whole thing comes together. if anyone has more information on this tourney please post.

The only info you need, its a 2v2.