Author Topic: OKC - HxC Promo Tourney #3 - 8/30/08 - Halo 3 4v4/FFA - SSBB - GH3  (Read 119917 times)

xX_Raider_Xx

The Hardcore Crew is proud to announce our third promotional tournament for our LAN Center opening this fall. There will be a Halo 3 4v4/FFA, Guitar Hero 3, and SSBB Tournaments.

Where:
Cox Convention Center
1 Myriad Gdns
Okc, OK 73102
Parking - 2$
http://www.mapquest.com/maps?name=Cox+Business+Svc&city=Oklahoma+City&state=OK&address=1+Myriad+Gdns&zipcode=73102&country=US&latitude=35.46427&longitude=-97.518139&geocode=ADDRESS

When:
August 30, 2008
SSBB Registration from 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Halo FFA Registration from 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Halo 4v4 Registration from 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
GH3 Registration from 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm

Cost:
Halo 3 4v4: $80 per team ($20 per person)
Halo 3 FFA: $10 per person
SSBB: $15 per person
GH3: $10 per person
Spectators: FREE!

Halo 3 4v4: Teams will be seeded from previous tournaments. We will be using MLG v5 Settings going like this for all rounds except championship round - Slayer, Obj, Slayer - Championship rounds will go as follows - Obj, Slayer, Obj, Slayer, Obj. Here is a link to my fileshare which has all Maps and gametypes that will be used: http://www.bungie.net/stats/Halo3/FileShare.aspx?gamertag=Raiiderxx

Halo 3 FFA: The Map is going to be an FFA version of Lockdown. FFA v5 settings 15 min rounds, 2 points for kills, 1 point for assists, -1 point for dying, -2 for suicides, and 3 points for Sprees, top 4 advance bottom 4 go home. The reason we are doing these setting is because it bases players on overall skill. We will run a round robin to do proper seedings for the FFA. Here are the links for the gametype and Map:
Gametype: http://www.bungie.net/stats/Halo3/FileShare.aspx?gamertag=Raiiderxx
Map: http://www.bungie.net/forums/posts.aspx?h3fileid=50352400

Guitar Hero 3
ONLY EXPERT!
Best 2 of 3 songs first player picks first song second picks second if a third song is needed a Referee will decide the third song.

Super Smash Brothers: Brawl
1v1 Double Elim
* 4 stock 7 minute time limit
if there isn't a winner by the end of the time limit, then the winner is whoever has the most stocks. If stocks are tied it is whoever has LESS damage.
* all items are turned off
* if there are teams then team attack is ON

--Neutrals--
Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise
Smashville

--Counterpicks--
Delfino Plaza
Luigi's Mansion
Norfair
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Rainbow Cruise
Brinstar
Pok
« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 04:57:12 pm by xX_Raider_Xx »

xX_Raider_Xx

Re: OKC - HxC Promo Tourney #3 - 8/30/08 - Halo 3 4v4/FFA - SSBB - GH3
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2008, 09:42:59 pm »
Ok so the prized for Halo is now in the open and everyone is allowed to go nuts, but im sure you have also seen the increase in entry the reason we are doing that is so we can give that prize.

We raised the entry fee on SSBB to 15 so we can do 1st 2nd and 3rd place prizes. The rules for SSBB are going to be on here ASAP that is my top priority right now.

All the prizes that are TBA are in that status right now because we are waiting on gamestop to tell us what they are willing to give us for prizes.

King_Gt

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2008, 09:45:12 pm »
I'm definitely in on this, but I still want brawl teams...

Offline G WaDe

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2008, 10:31:42 pm »
thanks for the pass to dallas ;D
haha seriously though i hope thats enough motivation to get everyone to come out!

also please try and bring a wired controller to play on. if you don't have a wired try and bring a charger with you. if you don't have either, when you are not playing please remove your battery pack out of your controller and leave it out until it is your turn to play again. this will eliminate the problem of people accedintly pulling up a dashboard on someones screen during a game. save every some time and sanity by doing this please. thank you.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2008, 10:35:41 pm by G WaDe »

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
  • Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
  • XBL ID: aXs Skorcher
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2008, 10:38:50 pm »
haha seriously though i hope thats enough motivation to get everyone to come out!

also please try and bring a wired controller to play on. if you don't have a wired try and bring a charger with you. if you don't have either, when you are not playing please remove your battery pack out of your controller and leave it out until it is your turn to play again. this will eliminate the problem of people accedintly pulling up a dashboard on someones screen during a game. save every some time and sanity by doing this please. thank you.

Soooooo G Wade what do you think?
"Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers"
HxC LAN Center

Flash

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2008, 12:29:44 am »
Ya Definitely a free Dallas team pass for Gwade and his team....

Offline DrWalterrr

• Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2008, 02:09:44 am »

Soooooo G Wade what do you think?

i def like it lol it would help us or whoever wins it out alot we will be practicing for sure

Offline G WaDe

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2008, 02:48:40 am »
ya we might actually go over some strats this time instead of just running around and killing things.

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2008, 07:27:17 am »
Ya Definitely a free Dallas team pass for Gwade and his team....

Come on halo 3 gamers.... is there a team not afraid of Oklahomies?
HxC LAN Center

xX_Raider_Xx

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2008, 08:22:06 am »
Seriously.........MUCH MUCH MUCH respect to G Wade, Viper, Walterr and Hummp but with practice they can be beaten, its not like they are invincible its just that you have to actually make an effort to win, plus this tournament is no different then the last one other than it costs more and the prizes are different.

xX_Raider_Xx

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2008, 09:15:05 am »
Ok so PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE EVERYONE NEEDS TO GO TO THIS ONE!!! This tournament is going to probably be the biggest so far and the last one was the biggest so far too, so that means that we are trying to get more teams for halo and more players for ssbb and gh3.

Please help us hit at Least 16 Halo Teams again we, our goal is 24 but we would be very pleased with 16.

Help us get another 32 man ssbb if not more!

And lets try and get at least 16 for GH3 this time people!

And dont be afraid of anyone at these tournaments the more practice and effort you put in to SSBB, Halo or GH3 the better chance you have at winning

And last but definitly not least !!! This is FOR SURE THE LAST TOURNEY BEFORE THE CENTER OPENS!!!! So we need as many people there as possible so we can get this thing open already! We know you want it just as much as we do so help us out by hitting these goals!!!

Offline DrViper

• OKgamer Evangelist
  • Check Please
    • View Profile
    • MySpace
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2008, 11:37:43 am »
ya we might actually go over some strats this time instead of just running around and killing things.

You know we won't go over any strats... lol

Oh and Raider, heres that sig I made that I said I would show you.

Offline Typ_EX

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2008, 12:56:11 pm »
you're probably going to have a lesser turnout for brawl than you did last time.  tourney prices went up for a good reason, but the prize is still the same (not cash).  Although I could be wrong.

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2008, 01:26:22 pm »
you're probably going to have a lesser turnout for brawl than you did last time.  tourney prices went up for a good reason, but the prize is still the same (not cash).  Although I could be wrong.
actually is cash I thought? Thats a typo I think. Its $100 cash and something else I believe we will make necessary updates
HxC LAN Center

Offline Typ_EX

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2008, 01:36:09 pm »
actually is cash I thought? Thats a typo I think. Its $100 cash and something else I believe we will make necessary updates

That is much better, I still have yet to find somebody to trade me and hanson for our card from the last tourney haha.